Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
as I stated before, Wifi dropped out on my twice last none. Hasn't happened today.

I had a mysterious logout once

It didn't wake from sleep properly once.

I did an upgrade from a new install of 10.8.4. I might try to do a clean install, but I'll wait until Beta 2 I think since everything is working okay so far.

I got Skype to work by using an older version. So something to keep in mind.

atMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
I did an install over 10.8.4 on my 13in retina and 10.8.3 on my Mini, both have been just fine for me. The only problem app I have is Skype, and a few Chromium nightlies, but that may be Chromium, not OS X.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
Can anyone who had lag please share if they still do? I'll be choosing my laptop based upon the result of this!

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
Can anyone who had lag please share if they still do? I'll be choosing my laptop based upon the result of this!

In that case, I'd advise that you wait until they release the final version of Mavericks.

Judging performance from an early version is never a good idea. If it doesn't perform well enough for you in Mountain Lion, assume it won't in Mavericks either.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
In that case, I'd advise that you wait until they release the final version of Mavericks.

Judging performance from an early version is never a good idea. If it doesn't perform well enough for you in Mountain Lion, assume it won't in Mavericks either.

No I need a laptop before then. But if its fixxed in a beta, itll be fine in the release!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.