PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Looking to upgrade... 10.8 or 10.9?


KUguardgrl13
Jun 11, 2013, 03:12 PM
I'm currently using a Mid-2009 13" MBP 2.26 ghz Core 2 Duo running Snow Leopard with a new 500 GB HDD. I still have the stock 2 GB RAM, but I've been thinking about upgrading to 8 GB RAM and Mountain Lion. With the release of Mavericks, I'm wondering if skipping Mountain Lion would be better. Of course we don't know what the final system requirements will be yet.

Anyone else with the same machine (or another from the same period) use either or both 10.8 and 10.9? Is one better than the other for the Core 2 Duo? I know it's still only the beta, but I don't want to wait too long and have Mountain Lion disappear from the app store.

Thanks!

Mods, if this needs to be moved to the MBP forum, please feel free.

Ddyracer
Jun 11, 2013, 03:17 PM
I'm currently using a Mid-2009 13" MBP 2.26 ghz Core 2 Duo running Snow Leopard with a new 500 GB HDD. I still have the stock 2 GB RAM, but I've been thinking about upgrading to 8 GB RAM and Mountain Lion. With the release of Mavericks, I'm wondering if skipping Mountain Lion would be better. Of course we don't know what the final system requirements will be yet.

Anyone else with the same machine (or another from the same period) use either or both 10.8 and 10.9? Is one better than the other for the Core 2 Duo? I know it's still only the beta, but I don't want to wait too long and have Mountain Lion disappear from the app store.

Thanks!

Mods, if this needs to be moved to the MBP forum, please feel free.

It will support your system as of DP1. That may change (http://osxdaily.com/2013/06/11/os-x-mavericks-system-requirements/). Just wait for the final release, Mavericks is the speedier OS so i hear.