Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hkim1983

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2009
Hello everyone, my mother recently purchased her first smart phone (an iPhone 4), and being just as clumsy as I am, I want to buy her a case or bumper that will help protect the class should it drop onto a hard surface from about waist level. The problem that I've run into however, is the overwhelming amount of choices available to me, and the lack of time I have atm to do thorough research.

If there is anyone that could recommend me an iPhone 4 case that meets the following criteria, I would be much obliged:

-Not excessively expensive, and by excessive, I mean my ceiling is around $30ish unless you can make an excellent argument otherwise (it does her dishes or something).

-Not excessively bulky. She has small hands, and the bulkier it is, the less appealing it is for her to cart it around. Thus, no Otterbox.

-Either there are cutouts for all of the buttons, or, the buttons they provide are not hard to press. She is not technologically...current, so if something is harder to press than normal, her first reaction when something doesn't "work" will be that it's broken.

I thank anyone/everyone in advance that can help me.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Comes in many colors. It may look bulky but it is not. The case is very protective. The buttons are easy to press too. I gave the iPhone 5 orange one BTW.
Urban Armor Gear IPH4S-COMP-PMA/BLK iPhone 4/4S Composite Case With Impact Resistant Bumpers - Valkyrie
http://amzn.com/B009FXMWI6

Ask me if you want any more details.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
I really think the Lifeproof case for your Mom's iPhone 4 would do the job. I had that on my iPhone 4 for the last 6 months until I traded up for an iPhone 5. Only problem is it's expensive, but worth the money. It would probably cost you more to fix a broken iPhone than to buy the case. Drop proof, water proof, dust proof, yet still keeping the phone pretty thin. It does make the phone slightly longer though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.