PDA

View Full Version : ATV won't play without a restart

Papa Goose
Jun 11, 2013, 03:22 PM
This is driving me nuts. For the last 2 weeks or so the only way to get my ATV1 to come off standby if left overnight or for a long period is to restart it. Until I restart it it won't wake up with any buttons on the remote (but will restart so the remote is ok), iTunes can't see it as a device, remote HD on my iphone/ipad can't see it, and Filezilla won't connect to it. After a restart, everything is back to normal, and it will turn on off ok.

If I leave it on (white light showing) but switch to normal TV, then go back to it after a few hours, then it won't do anything, but iTunes etc can still see it, so I have to restart it:confused:

Any help with his would be great as I sense a "Here Johnny" moment coming

MakeItAMudLight
Jun 11, 2013, 07:20 PM
I was having the same problem with mine the past few weeks. It seems there is a problem with some that were manufactured during a certain period last year involving the latest firmware. I took mine to the Apple Store this past weekend and walked out with a new one. May be the same issue with yours.

Papa Goose
Jun 12, 2013, 01:29 PM
My problem is recent but it's on an ATV1 that I've had for 3 years or so and I just don't get what it's doing or why.