PDA

View Full Version : Podcast isn't working for me with iOS 7

visuea
Jun 11, 2013, 03:52 PM
I'm sure this has been reported elsewhere but for me the podcast app isn't working with iOS7 beta.

All I get is the follow screen:
http://i43.tinypic.com/19pkyg.png

fraggot
Jun 11, 2013, 03:54 PM
Mine works off and on, I haven't actually tried listening to anything. I had to re-download some podcasts for the car ride home after work and it would crash 50 times before it finally worked.

Clearly some apps aren't compatible AT ALL with iOS 7.

visuea
Jun 11, 2013, 04:03 PM
It seems odd, though, that an Apple app isn't compatible with iOS 7.

yousunkmys
Jun 15, 2013, 05:36 PM
podcasts not working for me at all either

noobinator
Jun 15, 2013, 05:37 PM
Uninstall and then reinstall and it should work for awhile. I've uninstalled and reinstalled mine about 4 times in 2 days.

bbfc
Jun 15, 2013, 05:48 PM

It's a known issue.

Neither is the current version of Find my iPhone. You have to install a version from the Developer site.

robertpolson
Jun 18, 2013, 09:41 PM
Manual podcasts is one of the main features I use on my iPhone. I will downgrade to iOS 6 just because this feature is currently broken in iOS 7 beta 1. I really hope the final one will have this problem fixed.

noobinator
Jun 18, 2013, 10:12 PM
I downloaded iCatcher! due to the podcasts app not working and the app is awesome! It is well worth the few bucks it costs. It is much nicer than the stock podcasts app and works in ios7.

Vertigo50
Jun 18, 2013, 10:42 PM
Don't bang your head against the wall using Apple's terrible Podcasts app.

Download iCatcher. It is so much better, and you'll never go back.

Armen
Jun 18, 2013, 11:17 PM
Podcasts work fine for me.

batting1000
Jun 18, 2013, 11:23 PM

Doesn't matter if it's an Apple app or not. iOS 7 is a developer beta and therefore Apple isn't obligated to make it work with betas.

Geckotek
Jun 18, 2013, 11:29 PM
Doesn't matter if it's an Apple app or not. iOS 7 is a developer beta and therefore Apple isn't obligated to make it work with betas.

Hmmm...you seem to think he felt Apple was obligated??

batting1000
Jun 18, 2013, 11:32 PM
Hmmm...you seem to think he felt Apple was obligated??

Well they said they found it odd that the app wouldn't work right with a beta, implying that they thought Apple should make it compatible when in reality they don't have to since betas aren't technically intended for daily use.

Geckotek
Jun 18, 2013, 11:37 PM
Well they said they found it odd that the app wouldn't work right with a beta, implying that they thought Apple should make it compatible when in reality they don't have to since betas aren't technically intended for daily use.

That's not how I read it. I find it odd as well since you'd think the dev teams MIGHT POSSIBLY work together and update their apps as they go along. This in no way implies I feel Apple is obligated to do so.

I think a lot of ppl in this forum have a tendency to jump to negative conclusions regarding anybody that has any negative experiences to report about the beta "because they aren't devs and if they were they'd report the bug appropriately". But I think this forum is here specifically to discuss such things and the attitude is unwarranted. (If I've misread your intentions, then I apologize.)

batting1000
Jun 18, 2013, 11:39 PM
That's not how I read it. I find it odd as well since you'd think the dev teams MIGHT POSSIBLY work together and update their apps as they go along. This in no way implies I feel Apple is obligated to do so.

I think a lot of ppl in this forum have a tendency to jump to negative conclusions regarding anybody that has any negative experiences to report about the beta "because they aren't devs and if they were they'd report the bug appropriately". But I think this forum is here specifically to discuss such things and the attitude is unwarranted. (If I've misread your intentions, then I apologize.)

Additionally, developers aren't allowed to submit their apps with iOS 7 support until the GM so why should Apple feel the need to?

Geckotek
Jun 18, 2013, 11:41 PM
Additionally, developers aren't allowed to submit their apps with iOS 7 support until the GM so why should Apple feel the need to?

Because they are Apple, NOT independent developers, and likely don't go through the standard process.

Like I said, there's no expectation here other than a thought in the back of my head that they would want all their apps working @ launch so they would already be working to keep them updated with the betas.

gonzalo12345
Jun 19, 2013, 02:35 AM
it's a beta, ios6 apps haven't been optimized to work with ios7 Jeaus Christ why do people act like these beta releases are like a final update and complain about stuff not working

The Phazer
Jun 19, 2013, 04:17 AM

The Apple Podcast app was barely compatible with iOS6.

I suspect the lack of an update might well mean they're replacing it entirely with a backgrounding download dedicated app, but it clearly isn't ready yet.

Hopefully they've scrapped the entire previous app and product team entirely and are building something good from scratch.

Geckotek
Jun 19, 2013, 08:05 AM
it's a beta, ios6 apps haven't been optimized to work with ios7 Jeaus Christ why do people act like these beta releases are like a final update and complain about stuff not working

A) Everyone realizes it's a beta
B) Nobody complained about anything not working, they just pointed it out

Stop with the attitude people.

Adriendod
Jun 24, 2013, 04:50 PM
I might get flamed for daring asking this but:

Does the Podcast app work better on iOS beta 2?

thanks

Geckotek
Jun 24, 2013, 09:51 PM
I might get flamed for daring asking this but:

Does the Podcast app work better on iOS beta 2?

thanks

Check the beta 2 thread. IIRC it was reported to work now, but I could be wrong.

wellok
Jun 24, 2013, 09:53 PM
It works for me now.

Sebouuu
Jun 25, 2013, 12:21 AM
Hi !

It's stills doesn't for me actually, even with beta 2...
But I found a little tip : set the phone in plane mode, and then run the podcast app (if it was allready launch previously and still be in multitask, then it will crash once, if so run it again) and it works !
The only bad point is that the current playback progression is lost.

Salut à tous !

Avec la beta 2, ça ne fonctionne pas mieux pour moi...

Mais j'ai une petite astuce en attendant : mettez votre iphone en mode avion, lancez l'application podcast (si elle était lancée précédemment en multitâche, elle va planter une première fois, dans ce cas relancer une deuxième fois) et ça marche ! Vous perdez juste la progression de la lecture en cours.

almcdiesel
Jul 7, 2013, 01:26 PM
I found a work around.

Copy the Podcast you want to a Playlist. Right-click the Podcast > Get Info. Under options select Media Kind as "Music". Then sync the Playlist with your phone.

This way you'll be able to play the podcast through the Music app as a regular song. You might lose some Podcast functionality but it's the best solution i've found!

fraggot
Jul 7, 2013, 07:02 PM
I found another way to play them without any problems.

If the podcast that you're listening to is in the store, you can go to its store page and stream them just fine from there.

fraggot
Jul 8, 2013, 01:55 PM
Podcasts now works in Beta 3 on my iPhone 4S. I can download and play them just like I used to be able to!