PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal for betas to remove features?

tymaster50
Jun 11, 2013, 03:58 PM
widgets are missing (tap to tweet) etc...

and when do they usually start adding in all the features that will be seen in the regular version? Like around beta 3 or so?

Jordan921
Jun 11, 2013, 04:00 PM
It was probably removed because NC is alittle different now.

VSMacOne
Jun 11, 2013, 04:07 PM
They probably didn't have time to include it in this beta. You have to remember, they did all of this in 7 months. That's pretty awesome!
I expect it to return over the beta period.

tymaster50
Jun 11, 2013, 04:09 PM
They probably didn't have time to include it in this beta. You have to remember, they did all of this in 7 months. That's pretty awesome!
I expect it to return over the beta period.

i believe they've been working on it for a while

saving107
Jun 11, 2013, 04:11 PM

Scott Forstall got fired in December, that's when Johnny Ive took over the UI.

tymaster50
Jun 11, 2013, 04:14 PM
Scott Forstall got fired in December, that's when Johnny Ive took over the UI.

yeah the ui not the features :P

saving107
Jun 11, 2013, 04:30 PM
yeah the ui not the features :P

Same thing, if the UI hasn't been designed for the feature then they can't include the feature yet.

tymaster50
Jun 11, 2013, 04:31 PM
I'm sure they had the features in mind anyway. Now that I think about it, all these changes would be hideous if forstall didn't leave. Ugh, imagine the control center with the skeumorphism ios

saving107
Jun 11, 2013, 04:48 PM
I'm sure they had the features in mind anyway. Now that I think about it, all these changes would be hideous if forstall didn't leave. Ugh, imagine the control center with the skeumorphism ios

No I will not imagine that :p

VSMacOne
Jun 12, 2013, 08:49 AM

I honestly believe Ive wiped the board clean and started from scratch. So even if there was a certain feature planned before he took over, it may or may not have made it in his version of iOS 7 because of all the work it would've required to make it look like the rest of the OS. That's one thing that iOS 7 does better than iOS6: consistent look across.