PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck in activation

PalacePlayers
Jun 11, 2013, 05:29 PM
Hi, I hope this is in the right subforum. I have a developer account, but as I'm new to this I forgot to register my device before I tried to install iOS 7. Now that I can't do anything with my phone, I can't get the UDID from iTunes.

What do I do from now? How can I get my UDID, so I can activate my phone?

apunkrockmonk
Jun 11, 2013, 05:31 PM
As far as I know you have to downgrade, to get the UUID, get the UUID and then upgrade after it's added.

PalacePlayers
Jun 11, 2013, 05:35 PM
As far as I know you have to downgrade, to get the UUID, get the UUID and then upgrade after it's added.

Is it possible to downgrade? On the Apple developer site I think I saw a note claiming downgrade from iOS 7 isn't possible..

BrandonHacks
Jun 11, 2013, 05:37 PM
Is it possible to downgrade? On the Apple developer site I think I saw a note claiming downgrade from iOS 7 isn't possible..

search google how to put phone in DFU and then shift+restore or on mac option+restore you'll have to manually download the ipsw

DJMad
Jun 11, 2013, 05:38 PM
I had this exact problem last night.

1. Goto the apple menu.
2. Select about this mac.
3. Click more info.
4. Click system report.
5. Under USB you should see your attached iphone the UUID is just the serial number provided there.
6. Add the device on the ADC portal.
7. profit.

PalacePlayers
Jun 11, 2013, 05:44 PM
I had this exact problem last night.

1. Goto the apple menu.
2. Select about this mac.
3. Click more info.
4. Click system report.
5. Under USB you should see your attached iphone the UUID is just the serial number provided there.
6. Add the device on the ADC portal.
7. profit.

THANKS A LOT. Next problem: how do I cancel my downgrade attempt? I'm curruntly waiting for iOS 6.4 to download. My iPhone is stuck in the connect to iTunes black screen. Again, thanks dude.

DJMad
Jun 11, 2013, 05:50 PM
Unfortunately I have no idea how to cancel a downgrade. Maybe just turn off your phone and restore from the ios 7 image. :confused:

RKilbane20
Jun 11, 2013, 06:14 PM
Where do I add to ADC portal?

KamiQuazi
Jun 11, 2013, 06:22 PM
My iPhone was stuck in activation for a hour last night. Force a DFU and install iOS 7 that way.

mcbb
Jun 12, 2013, 12:18 AM
My phone is stuck in activation too but I don't have a developer account so I don't know what to do with my phone.
Its saying
"We're unable to complete your activation"
"This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program
If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program at http://developer.apple.com/iphone/"
Does anyone know how to fix my phone without creating a developer account? :(
I'm trying to go back to iOS 6