PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 Beta 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

AppleNewsTech
Jun 11, 2013, 06:15 PM
Okay forgive me for asking, but someone was going to eventually ask! Based on past released betas, when do you think iOS 7 Beta 2 will come out? Monday the 24th?

pposthoorn
Jun 11, 2013, 06:16 PM
Yep.

zhandri
Jun 11, 2013, 06:17 PM
usually 2-3 weeks. it was exactly 14 days last year from ios 6 beta 1 to 2

Sonnestah
Jun 11, 2013, 06:18 PM
Okay forgive me for asking, but someone was going to eventually ask! Based on past released betas, when do you think iOS 7 Beta 2 will come out? Monday the 24th?

They've got quite a few things to fix and polish, one week may not be enough

Maybe in two weeks?

SirithX
Jun 11, 2013, 06:19 PM
I think maybe once has Apple ever released a new beta after just a single week, it's almost always (if not always) been 2-3 weeks per new beta, if not longer even. Does anyone have the dates handy of the beta releases for past iOSs? I remember someone made a site dedicated to it even, with a fancy graph during last year's iOS 6 beta testing.

zhandri
Jun 11, 2013, 06:23 PM
taken from ifans.com

iOS 5 beta 1 released on June 6, 2011
- 18 days to beta 2
iOS 5 beta 2 released on June 24, 2011
- 17 days to beta 3
iOS 5 beta 3 released on July 11, 2011
- 11 days to beta 4
iOS 5 beta 4 released on July 22, 2011
- 16 days to beta 5
iOS 5 beta 5 released on August 7, 2011
- 12 days to beta 6
iOS 5 beta 6 released on August 19, 2011
- 12 days to beta 7
iOS 5 beta 7 released on August 31, 2011
- 9 days to beta 8
iOS 5 beta 8 released on September 9, 2011
- 25 days to GM
iOS 5 GM released on October 4, 2011
- 8 days to release
iOS 5 RELEASED to public on October 12, 2011

SirithX
Jun 11, 2013, 07:10 PM
Found the site: http://willhains.com/iOS-version-history

Looking at the release dates on the Wikipedia article, betas almost always release on a Monday or Friday, and typically take 2-3 weeks.

Shockwave78
Jun 11, 2013, 07:12 PM
I'm thinking next week. This is quite the overhaul and I'm sure they are getting tons if feedback.

BHP41
Jun 11, 2013, 07:13 PM
Brand new design team, brand new and many many differant API's and UI changes. I'd say any past history has gone out of the window.

matty.p
Jun 11, 2013, 07:14 PM

Maybe in two weeks?

The first beta is usually a few weeks old too, they get it lined up before WWDC. Beta 2 usually is more than a month worth of work.

acosmichippo
Jun 11, 2013, 07:19 PM

Maybe in two weeks?

Probably not one week, but they don't have to fix EVERYTHING by the next beta. That's why it's a beta.

SirithX
Jun 11, 2013, 07:22 PM
Brand new design team, brand new and many many differant API's and UI changes. I'd say any past history has gone out of the window.

iOS 7 beta 1S instead of beta 2?

NovemberWhiskey
Jun 11, 2013, 07:36 PM
Do the beta updates go OTA even for nonregistered UDIDs?

Sonnestah
Jun 11, 2013, 08:20 PM
Probably not one week, but they don't have to fix EVERYTHING by the next beta. That's why it's a beta.

Of course they don't have to fix everything. They fix what was reported to them and release beta 2. New bugs arrive, they fix and release beta 3 and so on

BHP41
Jun 11, 2013, 08:21 PM

Haha. That made me laugh. :)

upsguy27
Jun 11, 2013, 08:26 PM

Yes they do.

batting1000
Jun 11, 2013, 08:31 PM

I'm curious to see if that affects the beta schedule.

NovemberWhiskey
Jun 11, 2013, 11:17 PM
Yes they do.

Thanks!

Looking forward to the next beta. This current one has been very buggy for me. Just hope they fix the battery drain and the resprings.

ByteArt
Jun 11, 2013, 11:25 PM
Things dont usually change between iOS betas, but I have a feeling that iOS 7 still needs some design work before release. Mostly some of those icons and the reminders/notes apps. They just don't fit. Im pretty confident that despite what Ive said the icons we see now were thrown together pretty quick; Apple even had different icons then the ones that made it into the final b1 build on their website

http://i.imgur.com/vOmjwH0.png

That 73 degrees icon just might be live weather!

gmanist1000
Jun 12, 2013, 09:18 AM
Yes they do.

I didn't think beta updates were released OTA?

Cayennr
Jun 12, 2013, 09:28 AM
Yes they do.

When it comes down to releasing the final version of iOS 7, will I have to do a fresh install or I can continue to use the GM afterwards?

likemyorbs
Jun 12, 2013, 09:30 AM
When it comes down to releasing the final version of iOS 7, will I have to do a fresh install or I can continue to use the GM afterwards?

The GM and the final version are the same thing. Once you have it, you can continue to use it. Just keep upgrading your betas.

TECTOMICS
Jun 12, 2013, 03:01 PM
Any ideas if there's an iOS7 developer Twitter account dedicated to updates purely about Beta releases?

tomd89
Jun 12, 2013, 03:23 PM
Things dont usually change between iOS betas, but I have a feeling that iOS 7 still needs some design work before release. Mostly some of those icons and the reminders/notes apps. They just don't fit. Im pretty confident that despite what Ive said the icons we see now were thrown together pretty quick; Apple even had different icons then the ones that made it into the final b1 build on their website

Image (http://i.imgur.com/vOmjwH0.png)

This is a great find, where did you find it on the Apple site??

Deemalpatel
Jun 12, 2013, 10:15 PM
Ever since I got beta. My signal has lowered and my data has slowed down. Almost to the point where it says cannot connect to Internet. Has anyone received the same problem?

phansom7
Jun 14, 2013, 01:49 PM
So if I have my UDID registered now with apple and I have iOS 7 beta 1 installed right now on my iPhone, what happens when beta 2 is released? Do I get a notification on my iPhone saying that there is an update available? Do I get to update OTA? Anyone have anything on this?

bbfc
Jun 14, 2013, 01:53 PM
So if I have my UDID registered now with apple and I have iOS 7 beta 1 installed right now on my iPhone, what happens when beta 2 is released? Do I get a notification on my iPhone saying that there is an update available? Do I get to update OTA? Anyone have anything on this?

You will get notified and you can update using software update.

batting1000
Jun 14, 2013, 01:54 PM

It's the same process as with iOS 5 and iOS 6 updates. It doesn't notify you until it's been awhile and you still haven't updated.

phansom7
Jun 14, 2013, 01:58 PM
Ok. But most likely we are thinking that I will be be able to update to beta 2 OTA though??

batting1000
Jun 14, 2013, 01:58 PM
Ok. But most likely we are thinking that I will be be able to update to beta 2 OTA though??

You should have no issue as long as your UDID is activated.

TrenttonY
Jun 14, 2013, 06:34 PM
You should have no issue as long as your UDID is activated.

And if its not?

TC25
Jun 14, 2013, 06:46 PM
And if its not?
You wont be able to update, obviously.

rmeadejr
Jun 14, 2013, 06:47 PM
You wont be able to update, obviously.

and you better get back to ios 6 before ios 7 beta 1 expires.

zackstrife
Jun 15, 2013, 12:56 PM
Got a question for you guys, I have a iPhone 5 with iOS 7 Beta 1 on it, I bought my phone through the Apple Store, I bought at full price and it's sim unlocked.

I installed iOS 7 Beta 1 without registrating my UDID, I downloaded the Beta, I clicked the option button on 'check for update' and installed it. I don't have any problems with it, only a few bugs.

But my question is, when iOS Beta 2 comes out, can I update iOS 7 Beta 1 to Beta 2 without any problems? (Even after the story I told you above?)

sexiewasd
Jun 15, 2013, 01:10 PM
Got a question for you guys, I have a iPhone 5 with iOS 7 Beta 1 on it, I bought my phone through the Apple Store, I bought at full price and it's sim unlocked.

I installed iOS 7 Beta 1 without registrating my UDID, I downloaded the Beta, I clicked the option button on 'check for update' and installed it. I don't have any problems with it, only a few bugs.

But my question is, when iOS Beta 2 comes out, can I update iOS 7 Beta 1 to Beta 2 without any problems? (Even after the story I told you above?)

Just follow the instructions in the iOS dev center.

zackstrife
Jun 15, 2013, 01:17 PM
No what I meant was, I'm not a registrated developer, I just downloaded iOS 7 Beta 1 on the internet, and installed through Itunes. So with the story I told in the previous post, can I update Beta 1 to Beta 2 when it comes out without any problems?

dsiiist
Jun 15, 2013, 03:03 PM
U should be able to upgrade to beta 2 without any problems, see : m.youtube.com/watch?v=yPyQxSozAwM for more info, this is the best way to upgrade to ios 7 beta 1 and he clearly says that u can upgrade to beta 2,3,4,5, etc. without any issues, (notice: this is the same way I went to ios 7 beta 1)

Tmelon
Jun 15, 2013, 03:13 PM
No what I meant was, I'm not a registrated developer, I just downloaded iOS 7 Beta 1 on the internet, and installed through Itunes. So with the story I told in the previous post, can I update Beta 1 to Beta 2 when it comes out without any problems?

Theoretically yes, but occasionally Apple releases updates that are not available OTA (the GM or final build has never been OTA). Sometime before then you'll have to purchase your developer account and register your UDID or whatever other methods of obtaining downloads you use.

hamiltonDSi
Jun 15, 2013, 03:16 PM
Ever since I got beta. My signal has lowered and my data has slowed down. Almost to the point where it says cannot connect to Internet. Has anyone received the same problem?

Same here !
Very poor 3G signal and sometimes my data is not working at all !
I now have 2 or 3 dots in the places where I had full signal with iOS 6. Weird.

Nik9907
Jun 16, 2013, 04:25 PM
I knew it was risky downloading the first beta, cause it always sucks. My battery life (iPhone 4S) has gone to ****. The camera is very laggy. and sometimes the whole phone just freezes and I can't do anything without completly restarting it. They need time to work out all these things, but mainly the battery life. I have to charge my phone like 3 times a day now :mad:

Moccasin
Jun 16, 2013, 04:30 PM
Don't forget that Beta 1 doesn't cover iPads. I suspect that the next one will be at least 2 weeks as they'll want to get the beta onto the iPads ASAP and that might require a little mire work. As I'm stuck on an iPhone 4 with a failing battery, I don't think I'll be upgrading.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 16, 2013, 04:34 PM
I knew it was risky downloading the first beta, cause it always sucks. My battery life (iPhone 4S) has gone to ****. The camera is very laggy. and sometimes the whole phone just freezes and I can't do anything without completly restarting it. They need time to work out all these things, but mainly the battery life. I have to charge my phone like 3 times a day now :mad:

Turn off Location Services, Background App Refresh, and battery percentage, and see if you don't see better battery time.

ogremoustro
Jun 16, 2013, 05:11 PM

Stop whining. Dont like it, go back to iOS 6.

Anastacio
Jun 16, 2013, 05:31 PM
I haven't had time to install beta 1 yet, can I just install beta 2 directly onto my phone without having beta 1 on it first?

gmanist1000
Jun 16, 2013, 05:33 PM
I haven't had time to install beta 1 yet, can I just install beta 2 directly onto my phone without having beta 1 on it first?

Yes, you just need to login to the dev portal and download beta 2 once it's released.

Then just restore your phone through iTunes.

XboxMySocks
Jun 16, 2013, 05:35 PM
and you better get back to ios 6 before ios 7 beta 1 expires.

Not quite true. You can still DFU and restore to iOS 6 after it expires.

phansom7
Jun 16, 2013, 07:43 PM
You will get notified and you can update using software update.

How exactly would I get notified???

phansom7
Jun 16, 2013, 07:57 PM
Do any of you know if I have to be currently running iOS 7 beta 1 in order to update to beta 2 when it's released? Or can I be on iOS 6 and then update to beta 2 when it comes out? My UDID is registered with 2 different developer accounts.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 16, 2013, 08:19 PM
Do any of you know if I have to be currently running iOS 7 beta 1 in order to update to beta 2 when it's released? Or can I be on iOS 6 and then update to beta 2 when it comes out? My UDID is registered with 2 different developer accounts.

You should be able to start from beta 2.

PNutts
Jun 16, 2013, 08:27 PM

I assume you did some kind of restore. Either way, install a system monitoring app and find out what process is driving your CPU and eating the battery. Reinstall that app and you might be OK. Or reinstall the beta and don't do a restore of any kind. Install the apps you want to use from scratch.

gglittle
Jun 16, 2013, 08:35 PM
Same here !
Very poor 3G signal and sometimes my data is not working at all !
I now have 2 or 3 dots in the places where I had full signal with iOS 6. Weird.

It's a Beta. Have either or both of you filed a bug report?

DoctorFedora
Jun 16, 2013, 08:56 PM

Dude, do you just fundamentally not understand that this is meant for devs to be able to test whether the software they wrote runs at all with the new APIs, and not meant as a SUPER SECKRIT COOL KIDS CLUB? There's a reason there were lines to buy iPod Touches at Apple stores the day after the keynote, and it's because developers are smart enough to know that you don't rely on software that's still months away from its first public release for everyday use.

hamiltonDSi
Jun 16, 2013, 09:17 PM
It's a Beta. Have either or both of you filed a bug report?

About 4 days ago.

phansom7
Jun 16, 2013, 09:49 PM
About 4 days ago.

How do I file a bug report?

martinocando
Jun 16, 2013, 09:51 PM

And this simply explains everything :rolleyes:

phansom7
Jun 16, 2013, 09:57 PM
And this simply explains everything :rolleyes:

Oh you're not sure how to do this???

hamiltonDSi
Jun 16, 2013, 09:58 PM

Smith288
Jun 16, 2013, 10:25 PM

Image (http://i.imgur.com/vOmjwH0.png)

I believe that old marketing material. There's a thread or post about it somewhere on macrumors.

phansom7
Jun 16, 2013, 10:49 PM

I don't have a dev account. My UDID is just added to a dev account. So I guess I can't then.

----------

So I'm still trying to figure out what having my UDID added to a developers account does for me. Does it only give me access to update to all of the beta versions??

hamiltonDSi
Jun 16, 2013, 11:08 PM
I don't have a dev account. My UDID is just added to a dev account. So I guess I can't then.

----------

So I'm still trying to figure out what having my UDID added to a developers account does for me. Does it only give me access to update to all of the beta versions??

It gives you access to use iOS 7 and installing it without problems.

weezernation
Jun 16, 2013, 11:14 PM
So, let me ask this. I registered my UDID for my iPhone from a 3rd party website, I didn't have enough money at the time to buy an Apple developer account. I have three questions.

1. Can I still register as an Apple Developer, pay $99, and not have any problems since my UDID is already activated?

2. By registering as an Apple Developer, does that Activate the UDID for all of my Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook)?

3. If I never do register as an Apple Developer, and since my UDID is activated, how will the GM versions work? Will I still get them, or will I absolutely have to register as an Apple Developer to get the GM versions?

carlosmunguia30
Jun 16, 2013, 11:18 PM
Are you a developer?

batting1000
Jun 16, 2013, 11:21 PM
So, let me ask this. I registered my UDID for my iPhone from a 3rd party website, I didn't have enough money at the time to buy an Apple developer account. I have three questions.

1. Can I still register as an Apple Developer, pay $99, and not have any problems since my UDID is already activated?

2. By registering as an Apple Developer, does that Activate the UDID for all of my Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook)?

3. If I never do register as an Apple Developer, and since my UDID is activated, how will the GM versions work? Will I still get them, or will I absolutely have to register as an Apple Developer to get the GM versions?

3. You don't need to have your UDID activated for the GM. The GM is also not sent to developers via otaku and you'll instead have to get the file yourself, whether it be trough the dev center or somewhere else.

----------

Anyone think we'll see beta 2 tomorrow?

ajt1995
Jun 17, 2013, 01:12 AM

I sure hope so. Either way, I love iOS 7.

Sheza
Jun 17, 2013, 01:17 AM

I actually don't know for sure because heck, I'm not a registered developer either, but making an educated guess...

1) You can sure register as an Apple developer, it would just be a huge waste of money IMO.

2) Not automatically. I suppose you will get access to the same tools as the 3rd party website - you will be able to manually add UDIDs from any device that isn't already registered. I don't think you'll be able to re-add your iPhone UDID however. Oh and perhaps access to OSX Mavericks too? Enjoy?

haruhiko
Jun 17, 2013, 01:40 AM

What? After this long time Apple only releases the 1S? I'm jumping ship to Android!!!! /s

Bonestle
Jun 17, 2013, 01:56 AM

1. Your UDID isn't 'activated' it has simply been added to a developers account which mean that he/she can install his/her apps onto your iDevice to test them for bugs etc. An upshot of this is that it allows you to install the latest iOS betas as developers will want their apps to be compatible.

2. Once you register as a developer you have UDID 100 slots to add iDevices. Many people are (illegally... well, not keeping with the Apple Dev terms and conditions) selling these slots to regular people for profit. You have to add each device with which you wish to conduct testing into your list of devices. You can upload the UDID or type it in (copy, paste) manually.

3. Previously, each beta version has been released OTA (Over The Air) while the GM has been a fresh install meaning you will need to download it from the developer site. GMs don't always need a registered device as its the same as the public release, although this also appears to be the case with Beta one.

I hope that clears things up for you.

ogremoustro
Jun 17, 2013, 01:58 AM
3. You don't need to have your UDID activated for the GM. The GM is also not sent to developers via otaku and you'll instead have to get the file yourself, whether it be trough the dev center or somewhere else.

----------

Hmm beta 2 already?

Bonestle
Jun 17, 2013, 01:59 AM
Oh and perhaps access to OSX Mavericks too? Enjoy?

OS X and iOS are two different programs, each requiring you to pay a yearly fee. You will, however, get free access to the Safari Developer Program.

BvizioN
Jun 17, 2013, 01:59 AM
I sure hope so. Either way, I love iOS 7.

Don't they usually push betas on Mondays?
I have never tested iOS betas before so I don't know.

ogremoustro
Jun 17, 2013, 02:08 AM
Don't they usually push betas on Mondays?
I have never tested iOS betas before so I don't know.

In iOS 5 betas the days ranged from Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Not sure about the iOS 6 betas.

Kohkane
Jun 17, 2013, 02:15 AM
In iOS 5 betas the days ranged from Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Not sure about the iOS 6 betas.

I think they were every two weeks. I really don't remember. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ogremoustro
Jun 17, 2013, 02:24 AM

After some searching, all betas for iOS 6 were released on Mondays except for the GM which was released on a Wednesday.

----------

After some searching, all betas for iOS 6 were released on Mondays except for the GM which was released on a Wednesday.

iOS 6.0 beta 1- June 11, 2012
Two weeks to beta 2
iOS 6.0 beta 2- June 25, 2012
Three weeks to beta 3
iOS 6.0 beta 3- July 16, 2012
Three weeks to beta 4
iOS 6.0 beta 4- August 6, 2012
Five weeks to GM
iOS 6.0 GM- September 12, 2012

Did this on the fly, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

weezernation
Jun 17, 2013, 03:25 AM
1. Your UDID isn't 'activated' it has simply been added to a developers account which mean that he/she can install his/her apps onto your iDevice to test them for bugs etc. An upshot of this is that it allows you to install the latest iOS betas as developers will want their apps to be compatible.

2. Once you register as a developer you have UDID 100 slots to add iDevices. Many people are (illegally... well, not keeping with the Apple Dev terms and conditions) selling these slots to regular people for profit. You have to add each device with which you wish to conduct testing into your list of devices. You can upload the UDID or type it in (copy, paste) manually.

3. Previously, each beta version has been released OTA (Over The Air) while the GM has been a fresh install meaning you will need to download it from the developer site. GMs don't always need a registered device as its the same as the public release, although this also appears to be the case with Beta one.

I hope that clears things up for you.

On point 3 is where I'm mainly confused. You said that I'd have to download the GM release from the developer site. But, since I'm not a registered developer, that means I won't be able to have access to it, right? Also, on point 2, I had no idea that each developer gets 100 UDID slots. That's very interesting, and explains why certain people can sell alot of them.

----------

OS X and iOS are two different programs, each requiring you to pay a yearly fee. You will, however, get free access to the Safari Developer Program.

So, does this mean you would have to register and pay $99 as an Apple developer for iOS and Mac OS seperately? I'm sorry if I come off as a newbie to this, I have no idea how Developer accounts work.

ogremoustro
Jun 17, 2013, 03:31 AM
On point 3 is where I'm mainly confused. You said that I'd have to download the GM release from the developer site. But, since I'm not a registered developer, that means I won't be able to have access to it, right? Also, on point 2, I had no idea that each developer gets 100 UDID slots. That's very interesting, and explains why certain people can sell alot of them.

----------

So, does this mean you would have to register and pay $99 as an Apple developer for iOS and Mac OS seperately? I'm sorry if I come off as a newbie to this, I have no idea how Developer accounts work.

Yes, $99 for iOS and another $99 for OS X.

Bonestle
Jun 17, 2013, 04:07 AM

I'll let you reach the answer here... Did you download beta one from the developer site? :p

weezernation
Jun 17, 2013, 04:57 AM
I'll let you reach the answer here... Did you download beta one from the developer site? :p

Ah...clever. Haha

bbfc
Jun 17, 2013, 05:07 AM
How exactly would I get notified???

Via a software update notification or by checking for updates.

Droidrage729
Jun 17, 2013, 05:21 AM
Turn off Location Services, Background App Refresh, and battery percentage, and see if you don't see better battery time.

How will turning off battery percentage give you better battery life? Oh I get it what he doesn't know he won't complaint about I got ya.

batting1000
Jun 17, 2013, 08:11 AM
I think they were every two weeks. I really don't remember. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It's not a set in stone schedule that they follow every year.

phansom7
Jun 17, 2013, 11:15 AM
If someone used a third party site to get their UDID added to an Apple developer account is it possible that that person could be at any risk for their information on their iPhone being leaked? If someone has someone else's UDID what can they get from that? Maybe they can't get anything from just the UDID??

bluelightalarm
Jun 17, 2013, 12:21 PM
I remember reading somewhere (can't find it now) that the version of iOS 7 they were using for demos on stage at the WWDC last week was already more developed than the beta that they were seeding so they've probably done a lot of work for beta 2 already

phansom7
Jun 17, 2013, 03:12 PM
Nothing on beta 2 yet?!?!

dontpannic
Jun 17, 2013, 03:14 PM
It's only been a week!!!!

phansom7
Jun 17, 2013, 03:16 PM
it's only been a week!!!!

i know!!! Wishful thinking..... Geez....

Droidrage729
Jun 17, 2013, 03:17 PM
Any word on beta 3????!!!!!!!!!

Kohkane
Jun 17, 2013, 03:20 PM

It's only been a week!!!!

Seriously though, maybe next week we'll see something, but it's far too early for that now lol

martinocando
Jun 17, 2013, 03:28 PM
Oh you're not sure how to do this???

It means that, if you have to ask, obviously you are not a developer. The only way to file a bug report is to login into Apple's Developer Forum, using your registered apple ID, and click on Report a Bug link. It should take you to Apple's bugreporter system.

If you are not a developer, you can only vent your frustration here, and hope someone files the report for you.

zhandri
Jun 17, 2013, 03:29 PM
actually i wouldn't be surprised if we get beta 2 earlier... as said earlier the beta we got was from march. i think many things should have been changed since then...

phansom7
Jun 17, 2013, 06:54 PM
actually i wouldn't be surprised if we get beta 2 earlier... as said earlier the beta we got was from march. i think many things should have been changed since then...

What?!?!

dontpannic
Jun 18, 2013, 01:58 AM

No... The beta we got is from the 10th June. It wasn't available to anyone in March so that doesn't count. We won't see beta 2 until next week at the earliest.

C DM
Jun 18, 2013, 02:01 AM
No... The beta we got is from the 10th June. It wasn't available to anyone in March so that doesn't count. We won't see beta 2 until next week at the earliest.Or we might see it later this week...or perhaps a week after next. No one can really say one way or another.

dontpannic
Jun 18, 2013, 02:31 AM
Or we might see it later this week...or perhaps a week after next. No one can really say one way or another.

We won't see it this week, that's pretty much a given. The time between beta releases has never been less than 2 weeks.

C DM
Jun 18, 2013, 02:36 AM
We won't see it this week, that's pretty much a given. The time between beta releases has never been less than 2 weeks.But nothing really says that it couldn't be. I'm not saying it will happen or it's even likely to happen, but it can't really be ruled out.

That aside, I believe someone posted a timeline of betas for one of the recent releases (iOS 6 or 5 I think) earlier in the thread where I think at least one of the builds came out something like 9 days after the previous one, with a few others that came after 11 or 12 days...so certainly more than even one or a couple that were under 2 weeks.

dontpannic
Jun 18, 2013, 02:43 AM
But nothing really says that it couldn't be. I'm not saying it will happen or it's even likely to happen, but it can't really be ruled out.

That aside, I believe someone posted a timeline of betas for one of the recent releases (iOS 6 or 5 I think) earlier in the thread where I think at least one of the builds came out something like 9 days after the previous one, with a few others that came after 11 or 12 days...so certainly more than even one or a couple that were under 2 weeks.

Nobody knows anything about when the next beta is coming out. It comes out when it comes out and hoping and wishing for it to come out this week and silly 'predictions' of when it comes out helps absolutely nobody and achieves nothing.

It appears when it appears, but its highly unlikely for a second beta to appear so quickly after the first.

Between three and four, maybe (if a bug is found that severely impacts the usability of developer devices), but for a release such as this (which is pretty reliable), it's unlikely.

C DM
Jun 18, 2013, 02:47 AM
Nobody knows anything about when the next beta is coming out. It comes out when it comes out and hoping and wishing for it to come out this week and silly 'predictions' of when it comes out helps absolutely nobody and achieves nothing.

It appears when it appears, but its highly unlikely for a second beta to appear so quickly after the first.

Between three and four, maybe (if a bug is found that severely impacts the usability of developer devices), but for a release such as this (which is pretty reliable), it's unlikely.Isn't that essentially what I was saying in my original reply--no one really knows and can't really say one way or another (or really rule out something either)? And trying to guess when it might happen, or when it won't happen, won't really do or change much.

dontpannic
Jun 18, 2013, 03:16 AM
Isn't that essentially what I was saying in my original reply--no one really knows and can't really say one way or another (or really rule out something either)? And trying to guess when it might happen, or when it won't happen, won't really do or change much.

Yes, but you were still saying it could be out this week.

TC25
Jun 18, 2013, 03:21 AM

Your phone can answer this question for you. Settings, General, Software Update.

C DM
Jun 18, 2013, 08:59 AM
Yes, but you were still saying it could be out this week.In trying to make a point that it could be out anytime and no one can really say otherwise.

VSMacOne
Jun 18, 2013, 09:17 AM
Yes, but you were still saying it could be out this week.

Seriously you're gonna keep harassing this guy over this? :rolleyes:

Beta 2 could be out this week. Based on the WWDC videos, it looks like Apple was using a more advanced build than what was released to developers. So they might have it ready to go sooner rather than later. Truth is, you don't know this guy is wrong unless you have a direct connection inside Apple.

Besides, his point was that nobody knows for sure, because this is a bigger update to iOS than any previous ones. So any timetable set by previous betas could be out the window.

Knowlege Bomb
Jun 18, 2013, 09:47 AM
To answer everyone's question on the availability of the GM release, it will be available for download all over the web just like Beta 1 is now. There's no need to register as a developer unless you have software you need to test.

WordMasterRice
Jun 18, 2013, 09:51 AM
We won't see it this week, that's pretty much a given. The time between beta releases has never been less than 2 weeks.

That isn't true, I remember one instance where it was 9 days give or take, so that would be Monday to Wednesday a week apart.

dontpannic
Jun 18, 2013, 10:12 AM
In trying to make a point that it could be out anytime and no one can really say otherwise.

Yes, that is what you're saying, but when you're mentioning the possibility of it being this week you're building peoples hopes up that there will be a beta 2 this week (I know it shouldn't, but there are far too many naive people who believe anything they read). By posting that it could be this week, all you're going to get on Friday night is "but you said it'd be out this week" "this guy said it would be out this week" "Apple are crazy, why didn't they release it this week like they said they would".

All I'm trying to do is mention that in the past additional betas are generally 2 weeks or more. Yes, there may be circumstances which mean that a beta has to be replaced sooner rather than later, but two weeks gives them more time to iron out bugs and implement features.

Remember of course that they haven't actually put an iPad build out there yet - developers would be in a backlash "Apple have found the time to do two betas for iPhone but nothing for iPad" etc.

Seriously you're gonna keep harassing this guy over this? :rolleyes:

Beta 2 could be out this week. Based on the WWDC videos, it looks like Apple was using a more advanced build than what was released to developers. So they might have it ready to go sooner rather than later. Truth is, you don't know this guy is wrong unless you have a direct connection inside Apple.

Besides, his point was that nobody knows for sure, because this is a bigger update to iOS than any previous ones. So any timetable set by previous betas could be out the window.

See above for my reasoning. Telling people that the beta 2 could be out this week is just going to generate lots of posts on Friday night asking "Why haven't Apple released beta 2 yet?". Its usually exceptional circumstances which mean that betas are replaced quickly, but at least give Apple time to release a build for iPad (which, presumably will come along with beta 2 for iPhone).

C DM
Jun 18, 2013, 01:22 PM
Yes, that is what you're saying, but when you're mentioning the possibility of it being this week you're building peoples hopes up that there will be a beta 2 this week (I know it shouldn't, but there are far too many naive people who believe anything they read). By posting that it could be this week, all you're going to get on Friday night is "but you said it'd be out this week" "this guy said it would be out this week" "Apple are crazy, why didn't they release it this week like they said they would".

All I'm trying to do is mention that in the past additional betas are generally 2 weeks or more. Yes, there may be circumstances which mean that a beta has to be replaced sooner rather than later, but two weeks gives them more time to iron out bugs and implement features.

Remember of course that they haven't actually put an iPad build out there yet - developers would be in a backlash "Apple have found the time to do two betas for iPhone but nothing for iPad" etc.

See above for my reasoning. Telling people that the beta 2 could be out this week is just going to generate lots of posts on Friday night asking "Why haven't Apple released beta 2 yet?". Its usually exceptional circumstances which mean that betas are replaced quickly, but at least give Apple time to release a build for iPad (which, presumably will come along with beta 2 for iPhone).My comment was clearly made in a matter of saying it could be really any time. If someone would get their hopes up from a comment saying that it could be anytime and that there's really no worthwhile guessing, there's really not much more that could be done for them for misunderstanding the whole statement.

I think it's time to move on given that we've agreed that it could really come at any time and any guessing to say when it could happen or couldn't happen won't really do much one way or another.

buck1127
Jun 18, 2013, 04:44 PM

See above for my reasoning. Telling people that the beta 2 could be out this week is just going to generate lots of posts on Friday night asking "Why haven't Apple released beta 2 yet?". Its usually exceptional circumstances which mean that betas are replaced quickly, but at least give Apple time to release a build for iPad (which, presumably will come along with beta 2 for iPhone).

very true I have seen it in betas past. What people must remember is betas are for testing. And testing takes time its not something you can install test and be ready to move on the next day. The more extensive testing the better user experience for EVERYONE. I grew up in a time with out cell phone computers or the internet. Hell back then when beepers came out we thought it was the best thing. The issue now a days is everyone wants it and wants it now. Patience is a virtue. Let the developers develop and give Apple time to process bug reports
it will only be better for all of us ... Apple the developers and the consumers

Asmari
Jun 18, 2013, 05:53 PM
Will i be screwed over when beta 1 expires if if a dont have a dev account nor udid registered?

I tried to go back to ios 6 yesterday but my icloud backup wont work because it requires ios 7. So i need to stay with these betas so i can keep all my data

dontpannic
Jun 18, 2013, 06:13 PM
Will i be screwed over when beta 1 expires if if a dont have a dev account nor udid registered?

I tried to go back to ios 6 yesterday but my icloud backup wont work because it requires ios 7. So i need to stay with these betas so i can keep all my data

You didn't take a local backup before installing iOS 7? Why not?

If the beta expires and you cannot update, then yes, you are screwed. Big time.

mattdo93
Jun 18, 2013, 06:49 PM

If beta 2 is OTA, you should be able to update fine.

Asmari
Jun 18, 2013, 07:23 PM
If beta 2 is OTA, you should be able to update fine.

And what if its not, can i simply go back to ios 6 even though i cant use my icloud backup?

darngooddesign
Jun 18, 2013, 07:26 PM
I don't expect to see any icon revisions in beta 2 because its too short a time. But we're going to hear a bunch of moaning when beta 2 drops and the icons re the same.

buck1127
Jun 18, 2013, 07:33 PM
I would like to see quick reply in one of these betas since mavericks has it now

rmeadejr
Jun 18, 2013, 07:36 PM
I would like to see quick reply in one of these betas since mavericks has it now

i have a feeling that will be on the iOS 7.1

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 18, 2013, 07:37 PM
And what if its not, can i simply go back to ios 6 even though i cant use my icloud backup?

You should be able to, although a lot of people have been having trouble downgrading. If you can't, don't be surprised.

buck1127
Jun 18, 2013, 07:37 PM
I can live with that as long as we get it

rmeadejr
Jun 18, 2013, 07:39 PM
I can live with that as long as we get it

same here

Waughy
Jun 18, 2013, 07:52 PM

I'd like to see it too, only jailbreak tweak I'm now missing from what I was using on iOS6. Maybe Apple are saving it as a headline for the .1 release, or they are still "perfecting" it so it runs well on our phones and doesn't compromise battery and start people complaining.
Hopefully if and when they do implement it there will be an option to disable it, so those who want to whinge about battery will be able to do something else about it, rather than flood the net with their woes.

buck1127
Jun 18, 2013, 07:56 PM
I'd like to see it too, only jailbreak tweak I'm now missing from what I was using on iOS6. Maybe Apple are saving it as a headline for the .1 release, or they are still "perfecting" it so it runs well on our phones and doesn't compromise battery and start people complaining.
Hopefully if and when they do implement it there will be an option to disable it, so those who want to whinge about battery will be able to do something else about it, rather than flood the net with their woes.

I think it's a matter of when now. I can't wait

Waughy
Jun 18, 2013, 08:23 PM
I think it's a matter of when now. I can't wait

I can wait, but it's a bloody handy little tweak. I'd prefer it if they loosened things a bit to allow BiteSMS in the app store, a very good messaging app, and I've paid for a licence which was well worth it.

buck1127
Jun 18, 2013, 08:26 PM
Yes I have it as well but to put it in the OS for everyone including non jail breakers would be great

BvizioN
Jun 19, 2013, 12:57 AM
I can wait, but it's a bloody handy little tweak. I'd prefer it if they loosened things a bit to allow BiteSMS in the app store, a very good messaging app, and I've paid for a licence which was well worth it.

That's all I want for now on iOS. A way to quick reply to messages. BiteSMS is great.

buck1127
Jun 19, 2013, 04:01 AM
That's all I want for now on iOS. A way to quick reply to messages. BiteSMS is great.

Agreed

egraphixstudios
Jun 19, 2013, 07:39 AM
Does anyone know if I can upgrade directly from IOS 6.1.4 to IOS 7 beta 2?

jozeppy26
Jun 19, 2013, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know if I can upgrade directly from IOS 6.1.4 to IOS 7 beta 2?

Yep. you would just install as you would right now with the beta 1 (download the full OS ipsw file and option update)

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 19, 2013, 11:01 AM
Well, beta 1 will expire on July 24th, so beta 2 has to come out before that.

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 11:03 AM
If past betas are any indication, Monday is likely when it'll be out.

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 19, 2013, 12:12 PM
When iOS 7 beta 2 and OS X 10.9 developer preview 2 are released, do I need to download the IPSW and .app things for them, or will I need to use the software update options on my devices?

zerostar
Jun 19, 2013, 12:37 PM
If past betas are any indication, Monday is likely when it'll be out.

I'm hearing before or on Friday...

tymaster50
Jun 19, 2013, 12:39 PM

Well, nobody knows. Nobody at Apple would purposely leak this info, but I've been wrong before. beta 1 has a huge expiration date (not even the month mark yet) so anything can happen.

zerostar
Jun 19, 2013, 12:46 PM
Well, nobody knows.

I'd assume they know what date they are shooting for.

kodeman53
Jun 19, 2013, 12:47 PM

Hearing from whom?

buck1127
Jun 19, 2013, 12:50 PM
That would be nice

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 12:54 PM

Hearing from whom?

Yeah, how do you know?

ihonda
Jun 19, 2013, 12:58 PM
i say friday or sunday.

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 12:59 PM
i say friday or sunday.

They've never sent out a beta on a Sunday.

zerostar
Jun 19, 2013, 01:00 PM
Yeah, how do you know?

I don't know.. just what I have heard from a group who would may a good idea.

i say friday or sunday.

They typically only come on Weekdays :)

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 01:03 PM
I don't know.. just what I have heard from a group who would may a good idea.

A source from Apple? :)

Asmari
Jun 19, 2013, 01:14 PM
what will happen if i dont have a dev account nor udid registered on beta 1 and when beta 2 comes out and its not OTA?

zerostar
Jun 19, 2013, 01:17 PM
what will happen if i dont have a dev account nor udid registered on beta 1 and when beta 2 comes out and its not OTA?

It will be OTA.

ihonda
Jun 19, 2013, 01:30 PM
i swear there was an ios 6 push on a sunday if i recall? maybe im wrong. but im still sticking with friday to sunday schedule....

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 19, 2013, 01:49 PM
Yeah, how do you know?

He probably doesn't know, he's probably just saying that so we'll ask him.

C DM
Jun 19, 2013, 03:18 PM
There's really only one real answer: anyday

ogremoustro
Jun 19, 2013, 03:28 PM
They've never sent out a beta on a Sunday.

Yes they have.

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 03:37 PM
Yes they have.

Maybe one or two times but it's not enough to say there's a high chance of them doing that this time around.

portishead
Jun 19, 2013, 04:06 PM

Why are you a "Final Cut Pro Editor"? Shouldn't you just be an editor? Are you only able to edit on Final Cut? Just curious...

quest1
Jun 19, 2013, 04:10 PM
Yes they have.

Nope!

http://www.imore.com/ios-6-how-many-betas-will-there-be

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 04:14 PM
Nope!

http://www.imore.com/ios-6-how-many-betas-will-there-be

So I was right... :cool:

zerostar
Jun 19, 2013, 04:42 PM
Why are you a "Final Cut Pro Editor"? Shouldn't you just be an editor? Are you only able to edit on Final Cut? Just curious...

I have used an Avid Nitris extensively, but my company uses strictly FCP and that is what I am most comfortable with.

portishead
Jun 19, 2013, 04:57 PM
I have used an Avid Nitris extensively, but my company uses strictly FCP and that is what I am most comfortable with.

Then you are an editor, not a FCP editor. It's kind of a misnomer as your experience will (should) translate over to any platform (albeit with some inefficiency).

liamry
Jun 19, 2013, 05:18 PM
Maybe one or two times but it's not enough to say there's a high chance of them doing that this time around.

why? they release it when they feel its ready, whether thats a monday, thursday or a sunday

--

anyday

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 05:33 PM
why? they release it when they feel its ready, whether thats a monday, thursday or a sunday

--

anyday

The fact that there's a pattern means they usually try to stick to a schedule.

C DM
Jun 19, 2013, 06:00 PM
The fact that there's a pattern means they usually try to stick to a schedule.The "fact" that pretty much all the iOS releases until this one looked about the same might mean that this one might be different since it's quite different than all the previous releases. Couldn't it?

The actual fact is, again, that no one really knows, and guessing, based on previous patterns or not, won't really change anything or really provide any useful information--beta updates will come out when they come out.

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 06:03 PM
The "fact" that pretty much all the iOS releases until this one looked about the same might mean that this one might be different since it's quite different than all the previous releases. Couldn't it?

Not really. They have the core ideas in place. I think all that's left is minor tweaking and bug fixes.

Bawstun
Jun 19, 2013, 06:06 PM
Well, there clearly is a pattern. Both in "weeks released" (generally 2 or 3) as well as frequency of given day. Usually Mondays or Fridays.

But saying it could be *anyday* is like saying there's always a 50% chance it's going to rain. "Well it will or it won't" :p

C DM
Jun 19, 2013, 06:16 PM
Not really. They have the core ideas in place. I think all that's left is minor tweaking and bug fixes.And, again, the fact is we don't really know one way or another (and can't really just make some judgements based on some sort of previous patterns since, well, again, we just don't know).

----------

Well, there clearly is a pattern. Both in "weeks released" (generally 2 or 3) as well as frequency of given day. Usually Mondays or Fridays.

But saying it could be *anyday* is like saying there's always a 50% chance it's going to rain. "Well it will or it won't" :pAnd while there's at least some science behind weather prediction that can actually assist with the 50/50 take on if it will rain or not, there's really not much in the way of that to predict beta behaviors (and, again, previous behavior doesn't necessarily imply much, especially when what it applies to--the latest iOS--has gone through its first major redesign and is therefore significantly different than any previous releases).

None of this is to say that previous patterns won't apply in one way or another, but it is to say that there's really nothing to tell us if that will or won't be the case until it all actually happens, thus the only reasonable conclusion is that there's really nothing more than pure guessing, which doesn't really do much.

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 19, 2013, 08:11 PM
Check out this site for a good idea of when the next betas will be released: www.cultofmac.com/232580/when-will-the-next-ios-7-beta-arrive-when-will-ios-7-be-released-ios-7-timeline/

Asmari
Jun 19, 2013, 08:45 PM
It will be OTA.

All the beta's will be OTA?

C DM
Jun 19, 2013, 10:01 PM
All the beta's will be OTA?We will see.

----------

Check out this site for a good idea of when the next betas will be released: www.cultofmac.com/232580/when-will-the-next-ios-7-beta-arrive-when-will-ios-7-be-released-ios-7-timeline/Same kinds of assumptions and guessing as the rest of the thread.

SuperPolli
Jun 20, 2013, 10:16 AM
Monday the 24th seems to be the general idea, based off of past years. However knowing Apple they'll throw us a big curveball this year with iOS 7 being a complete and total revamp. We may not see Beta 2 until July. Never know. When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me. (:

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 20, 2013, 11:47 AM
Monday the 24th seems to be the general idea, based off of past years. However knowing Apple they'll throw us a big curveball this year with iOS 7 being a complete and total revamp. We may not see Beta 2 until July. Never know. When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me. (:

Well, beta 1 expires July 24th, so that means that beta 2 is probably going to come at the end of this month.

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 20, 2013, 12:14 PM
Does anyone know why my phone does the frozen spinning wheel when I boot it up on ios 7?

ajt1995
Jun 20, 2013, 12:19 PM
Does anyone know why my phone does the frozen spinning wheel when I boot it up on ios 7?

Mine does too, it really doesn't bother me because it does successfully boot.

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 20, 2013, 12:30 PM
Mine does too, it really doesn't bother me because it does successfully boot.

Hopefully it's fixed in beta 2

VSMacOne
Jun 20, 2013, 01:29 PM

i know!!! i know!! .... because it's a BETA!

:rolleyes:

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 20, 2013, 02:17 PM

Your post reminded me of the song by Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

"What goes up, must come down
Spinnin' wheel, got ta go round
Talkin' 'bout your troubles it's a cryin' sin
Ride a painted pony,
Let the spinnin' wheel spin"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi9sLkyhhlE

:cool:

C DM
Jun 20, 2013, 02:43 PM
Well, beta 1 expires July 24th, so that means that beta 2 is probably going to come at the end of this month.How does July 24th somehow imply end of this month (June)?

towg
Jun 20, 2013, 04:12 PM
The thread is full of idle conjecture.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 20, 2013, 04:15 PM
The thread is full of idle conjecture.

The posts are beta posts. That is why they appear so buggy.

zerostar
Jun 20, 2013, 04:36 PM
the posts are beta posts. That is why they appear so buggy.

:-d

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 20, 2013, 07:48 PM
If a device on iOS 7 beta 1 doesn't update to beta 2, it goes into recovery mode when beta 1 expires, what happens if a computer that is on 10.9 DP1 doesn't update when DP2 comes out?

----------

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that iOS 7 beta 1 uses more cellular data then iOS 6?

tymaster50
Jun 21, 2013, 05:06 AM
we just hit the 11 day mark, as stated in one of my previous threads apple goes for around 2 weeks, with 18 days being the most between betas. So yeah expect an OTA update pushed out sometime between wednesday and next monday.

dontpannic
Jun 21, 2013, 05:34 AM
We don't know when the beta 2 will be released so speculation is completely pointless.

Also, there are a number of other threads about this...!

Defender2010
Jun 21, 2013, 05:54 AM
we just hit the 11 day mark, as stated in one of my previous threads apple goes for around 2 weeks, with 18 days being the most between betas. So yeah expect an OTA update pushed out sometime between wednesday and next monday.

Monday 24th is 14 days
Friday 28th is 18 days

Expect it between Monday and Friday based on past history - if I had to make a guess.

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 21, 2013, 05:57 AM
We can't be 100% sure, but we have a rough idea.

A gentleman called Will Hains analysed all of the beta release dates for previous versions and came up with the following average durations.

Beta 1 lasts 14.75 days on average
Beta 2 lasts 15.4 days
Beta 3 lasts 15 days
Beta 4 lasts 18.6 days
Beta 5 lasts 17.8 days
Beta 6 lasts 11 days

tymaster50
Jun 21, 2013, 07:48 AM
We don't know when the beta 2 will be released so speculation is completely pointless.

Also, there are a number of other threads about this...!

Isn't the point of speculating to guess:confused::confused::confused::confused:

dontpannic
Jun 21, 2013, 08:03 AM
Isn't the point of speculating to guess:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Apart from wasting bandwidth, what's the point of guessing when beta versions will be updated?

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 21, 2013, 08:07 AM
Apart from wasting bandwidth, what's the point of guessing when beta versions will be updated?

Slightly better than World War Z icon threads. :eek:

ominx
Jun 21, 2013, 08:08 AM

Because it's a discussion forum on a website called MacRumors?

rrares1996
Jun 21, 2013, 08:29 AM
I put my hand in the fire that beta 2 will come this monday around 10 A.M. in Cupertino.

dontpannic
Jun 21, 2013, 08:47 AM
Because it's a discussion forum on a website called MacRumors?

Yes, but does it really require another new thread? Just use the iOS 7 Beta 2 thread which is 10 threads down from this one.

In case you guys can't be bothered to scroll that little bit further on, I'll even paste the link here.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1594699

As for the discussion, beta 2 could either come along next week, tomorrow, the fourty third of Julember, never, 2017, or fishcakes. It is a complete waste of resources having so many threads guessing!

batting1000
Jun 21, 2013, 09:05 AM
Today is a possibility as well but I highly doubt it.

SeanR1
Jun 21, 2013, 09:13 AM
Yes, but does it really require another new thread? Just use the iOS 7 Beta 2 thread which is 10 threads down from this one.

In case you guys can't be bothered to scroll that little bit further on, I'll even paste the link here.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1594699

As for the discussion, beta 2 could either come along next week, tomorrow, the fourty third of Julember, never, 2017, or fishcakes. It is a complete waste of resources having so many threads guessing!

41 threads down on TapaTalk HD on iPad, and this thread is totally bogging down my 28.8 modem.

rmeadejr
Jun 21, 2013, 10:38 AM
We can't be 100% sure, but we have a rough idea.

A gentleman called Will Hains analysed all of the beta release dates for previous versions and came up with the following average durations.

Beta 1 lasts 14.75 days on average
Beta 2 lasts 15.4 days
Beta 3 lasts 15 days
Beta 4 lasts 18.6 days
Beta 5 lasts 17.8 days
Beta 6 lasts 11 days

http://www.cultofmac.com/232580/when-will-the-next-ios-7-beta-arrive-when-will-ios-7-be-released-ios-7-timeline/

kodeman53
Jun 21, 2013, 10:48 AM
Navigating by your wake is always a good way predict the future.

Expect it between Monday and Friday based on past history - if I had to make a guess.
Is there any other type of history?

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 21, 2013, 10:57 AM
I found something interesting. There's no voice memos app, but itf you go into in usage in settings, it shows up, but with no data usage. Strange.

zerostar
Jun 21, 2013, 11:01 AM
what happens if a computer that is on 10.9 DP1 doesn't update when DP2 comes out?

It doesn't expire.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that iOS 7 beta 1 uses more cellular data then iOS 6?

I have had increased data but only because it hops off wifi sometimes for me and I don't notice at first.

fivedots
Jun 21, 2013, 11:05 AM
I found something interesting. There's no voice memos app, but itf you go into in usage in settings, it shows up, but with no data usage. Strange.

That is neither news nor interesting.

batting1000
Jun 21, 2013, 11:06 AM

It'sa a beta, strange things can happen in betas.

darthraige
Jun 21, 2013, 11:31 AM
My source (Google) says Monday, June 24th. Haha.

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 21, 2013, 11:46 AM
My source (Google) says Monday, June 24th. Haha.

Google isn't always right. Wikipedia isn't always right either.

jozeppy26
Jun 21, 2013, 11:49 AM

Blasphemy!

darthraige
Jun 21, 2013, 11:55 AM

And that was a joke. :p

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 21, 2013, 02:52 PM
And that was a joke. :p

I didn't know.

daijholt
Jun 21, 2013, 03:19 PM

This really made me laugh.

Maclver
Jun 21, 2013, 09:04 PM
Has Apple ever released a iOS Beta on Saturday?

rmeadejr
Jun 21, 2013, 09:20 PM
Has Apple ever released a iOS Beta on Saturday?

yes they did, but only once.

mavis
Jun 22, 2013, 02:24 AM
Is there any other type of history?Ancient history. ;)

towg
Jun 22, 2013, 05:33 AM
Its definitely going to be out within the next month. No doubt about it. I'm certain.

MaC rA mE
Jun 22, 2013, 06:54 AM
I bet they're going to release another beta.

XboxMySocks
Jun 22, 2013, 08:40 AM

I think you might just be spot on with this one mate! :eek:

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 22, 2013, 08:53 AM

No, really? I wonder why this thread was titled iOS 7 beta 2? 😵

dontpannic
Jun 23, 2013, 02:39 PM
So, where are the guys who were insisting it would be this week? In the UK, there are three and a half hours left of the week you were saying really beta would be released and having said that it wouldn't be, I just got a load of negativity telling me 'but it probably will be' etc...!

mrapplegate
Jun 23, 2013, 02:45 PM
So, where are the guys who were insisting it would be this week? In the UK, there are three and a half hours left of the week you were saying really beta would be released and having said that it wouldn't be, I just got a load of negativity telling me 'but it probably will be' etc...!

Releases are scheduled on Apple's time zone, PST, so as of now it is Sunday, 12:44 pm. The possible release will be Monday or Tuesday. Is that what you were talking about?

WeegieMac
Jun 23, 2013, 03:27 PM

If it comes out tomorrow it won't be until evening our time.

erinxxtaylor
Jun 23, 2013, 04:43 PM
i am not a dev but i do want to put iOS 7 on my 4s, what are the risks i face if i do this? :confused: i'm worried i'll brick my phone.

xcodeaddict
Jun 23, 2013, 04:46 PM
i am not a dev but i do want to put iOS 7 on my 4s, what are the risks i face if i do this? :confused: i'm worried i'll brick my phone.

Noone used to care much about a phone being a brick...

http://www.retrobrick.com/8000grey3.jpg

:D

FreeState
Jun 23, 2013, 04:48 PM

Thats all in the release notes in the developer portal on Apples site.

batting1000
Jun 23, 2013, 04:54 PM

Don't do it if you don't know what you're doing.

erinxxtaylor
Jun 23, 2013, 04:57 PM
Don't do it if you don't know what you're doing.

my friend knows what he is doing, i was just reading up on it and that was something i read, i didn't know if it was somwthing that happened often

Northernist
Jun 23, 2013, 04:57 PM

If you have to ask about the risks then you shouldn't do it.

upsguy27
Jun 23, 2013, 05:40 PM

Even if it screws up for whatever reason, there's always the option to just restore back to 6.1.4.

illmatic636
Jun 23, 2013, 06:31 PM
Even if it screws up for whatever reason, there's always the option to just restore back to 6.1.4.

No such iOS for 4s. It only goes up to 6.1.3. But yeah your right.

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 23, 2013, 06:36 PM

You're fine just as long as you don't torrent the IPSW file. Download the IPSW and in iTunes and click check for update while holding alt (if you're on mac) or shift (if you're on windows) and click on the IPSW for your device. It should update and not check the IDID of the device. If you push restore and choose the iOS 7 firmware, it'll recognize that your not a developer and that your UDID isn't registered and it'll put your device back to 6.1.3/6.1.4

rman726
Jun 23, 2013, 07:42 PM
I really hope we get to play with Beta 2 tomorrow. If not tomorrow, certainly by next Monday.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 23, 2013, 07:50 PM
I really hope we get to play with Beta 2 tomorrow. If not tomorrow, certainly by next Monday.

Going to be a lot of upset forum members tomorrow.

towg
Jun 23, 2013, 07:53 PM
Going to be a lot of upset forum members tomorrow.

Cos you saw it in your crystal ball? :D

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 23, 2013, 07:56 PM
Cos you saw it in your crystal ball? :D

Just an Apple feeling.

batting1000
Jun 23, 2013, 08:00 PM
Just an Apple feeling.

Why's that?

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 23, 2013, 08:04 PM
Why's that?

Can't say for sure. Just the feeling I get. Hope I am wrong.

batting1000
Jun 23, 2013, 08:05 PM
Can't say for sure. Just the feeling I get. Hope I am wrong.

Are you just saying it so if it doesn't come out tomorow you won't feel so bad yourself?

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 23, 2013, 08:10 PM
Are you just saying it so if it doesn't come out tomorow you won't feel so bad yourself?
Although I have gotten cynical in my older age, I am not thinking bad just so I won't be disappointed. Maybe my nose will be rubbed in it tomorrow. lol. My gut tells me Thursday or Friday.

phansom7
Jun 23, 2013, 08:29 PM
June 24 10:00 Pacific time/ 1:00 easter time beta 2 will be released

jbenkelman
Jun 23, 2013, 08:30 PM
I'm hoping for tomorrow too. I know some people who have installed iOS 7 on their everyday phones and haven't stopped complaining to me about how buggy it is, and how their battery doesn't last. They can't seem to understand the concept that it wasn't made for their everyday device yet.

Beta 2 could potentially be the answer to SOME of that headache.

Personally, I am interested to see if we get more changes to the UI than we would normally see in bast beta's of a new software. I think iOS 7 is going to be different than anything we have ever experienced during a beta progression.

C DM
Jun 23, 2013, 08:54 PM
So, where are the guys who were insisting it would be this week? In the UK, there are three and a half hours left of the week you were saying really beta would be released and having said that it wouldn't be, I just got a load of negativity telling me 'but it probably will be' etc...!was there someone saying it will be out this week?

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 23, 2013, 09:05 PM
was there someone saying it will be out this week?

Everyone on these forums are saying this week. Most likely tomorrow at 10:00 AM PST

SirithX
Jun 23, 2013, 09:10 PM
About ~19 hours as of this post, if beta 2 comes out tomorrow. It's generally mid to late-afternoon pacific time. If not tomorrow, possibly Wednesday or Friday.

Campbellot
Jun 23, 2013, 09:23 PM
That is neither news nor interesting.

Your response was neither funny nor necessary.

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 23, 2013, 09:51 PM
Your response was neither funny nor necessary.

That was funny. You saved me from his bad humor. Haha

Tee00max
Jun 23, 2013, 10:12 PM
Now if I have installed ios7 already and downgraded back to ios 6, when the beta 2 comes out, can I just install the beta 1 and then update through ota?

zerostar
Jun 23, 2013, 10:16 PM
Now if I have installed ios7 already and downgraded back to ios 6, when the beta 2 comes out, can I just install the beta 1 and then update through ota?

Just update straight to b2 or b3, wherever you want to jump back in, they are all full-releases.

Tee00max
Jun 23, 2013, 10:18 PM
Just update straight to b2 or b3, wherever you want to jump back in, they are all full-releases.

Well I got my version of iOS 7 from my boy so all I have is the ipsw file.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 23, 2013, 10:22 PM
Well I got my version of iOS 7 from my boy so all I have is the ipsw file.

That is all you need.

It might be a good idea if you did a little research first. That way you understand what it is you are wanting to do, instead of stumbling in the dark.

Tee00max
Jun 23, 2013, 10:23 PM
That is all you need.

Cool. Appreciate it.

erinxxtaylor
Jun 23, 2013, 10:24 PM
You're fine just as long as you don't torrent the IPSW file. Download the IPSW and in iTunes and click check for update while holding alt (if you're on mac) or shift (if you're on windows) and click on the IPSW for your device. It should update and not check the IDID of the device. If you push restore and choose the iOS 7 firmware, it'll recognize that your not a developer and that your UDID isn't registered and it'll put your device back to 6.1.3/6.1.4

Okay! Thank you!!!!!

Hiyaimcool1
Jun 23, 2013, 10:31 PM
That is all you need.

It might be a good idea if you did a little research first. That way you understand what it is you are wanting to do, instead of stumbling in the dark.

Will beta 2 be OTA, or will I need the IPSW?

----------

You're fine just as long as you don't torrent the IPSW file. Download the IPSW and in iTunes click check for update while holding alt (if you're on mac) or shift (if you're on windows) and click on the IPSW for your device. It should update and not check the IDID of the device. If you push restore and choose the iOS 7 firmware, it'll recognize that your not a developer and that your UDID isn't registered and it'll put your device back to 6.1.3/6.1.4

Okay! Thank you!!!!!

No problem

jozeppy26
Jun 23, 2013, 11:03 PM
I must admit, say what you want about iOS 7, when you use iOS 7 for a week and then try using iOS 6, you realize how old and outdated iOS had gotten.

C DM
Jun 23, 2013, 11:14 PM
I must admit, say what you want about iOS 7, when you use iOS 7 for a week and then try using iOS 6, you realize how old and outdated iOS had gotten.Yet fast and more professional looking and feeling.

locoboi187
Jun 23, 2013, 11:17 PM
Yet fast and more professional looking and feeling.

Professional look and feeling but certainly not faster, not yet.

chekz0414
Jun 23, 2013, 11:18 PM
I think beta 2 could come today, considering Apple said at WWDC that the iPad beta will follow within the next couple of weeks, its been two weeks since WWDC, and the build of iOS for iPhone and iPod touch should be even more refined than the one showed off at WWDC by now, and the iPad one should be there with full features.

Rogifan
Jun 23, 2013, 11:24 PM
Yet fast and more professional looking and feeling.

Wow a 6 year old OS is more professional looking than one that was pulled together in 7 months. You don't say. Come back to me 6 years from now and we'll see if iOS 6 is still more polished.

C DM
Jun 23, 2013, 11:32 PM
Wow a 6 year old OS is more professional looking than one that was pulled together in 7 months. You don't say. Come back to me 6 years from now and we'll see if iOS 6 is still more polished.I didn't say anything about polish--I was talking about overall design and aesthetics more than anything else. 6 years from now iOS 7 follow ups could be much more polished but if they retain the same kind if design/aesthetics (with the color choices, the icon designs, tons of white space all over, thin "cool" but less usable font, the overuse of simple text for everything ranging from buttons to other controls, etc.) it still won't change the comparison really.

This isn't a beta vs. production thing, it's a design thing, which is mostly unrelated to that.

alice04
Jun 23, 2013, 11:33 PM
Is there a FREE beta downloads? waaaaaa. It's really pricey. I hope there is. hihihihi

marioman38
Jun 23, 2013, 11:39 PM
waaaaaa.

Crying :confused:

Yes there is for developers :cool:

ionjohn
Jun 24, 2013, 12:08 AM
Beta 2 coming tomorrow! I'm sure of it! Be ready to download OTA

phansom7
Jun 24, 2013, 12:17 AM
beta 2 coming tomorrow! I'm sure of it! Be ready to download ota

huh????

dontpannic
Jun 24, 2013, 01:22 AM
If it comes out tomorrow it won't be until evening our time.

I know that, I was merely being obtuse - there were posters here rubbishing me for saying it wouldn't be out in the first week and claiming that it would be released in 9 or 10 days after the first release.

Suddenly they've gone quiet.

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 01:32 AM
I know that, I was merely being obtuse - there were posters here rubbishing me for saying it wouldn't be out in the first week and claiming that it would be released in 9 or 10 days after the first release.

Suddenly they've gone quiet.And what if it was out earlier? You couldn't have known that it wouldn't or would be. The mere fact that it wasn't out only means that you guessed right. It's still a guess though and being right or wrong doesn't change that it's only a guess, and that's the point.

Moccasin
Jun 24, 2013, 01:51 AM
And what if it was out earlier? You couldn't have known that it wouldn't or would be. The mere fact that it wasn't out only means that you guessed right. It's still a guess though and being right or wrong doesn't change that it's only a guess, and that's the point.

Well that's the point I think was being made. No-one knew so why was he being rubbished for saying it wouldn't be out last week? Did those people know any better?

In fact, the balance of probability given previous patterns of beta releases was that it wouldn't be out last week. They must be receiving many 000s of bug reports and will want to be showing major progress in the next release.

dontpannic
Jun 24, 2013, 02:19 AM
And what if it was out earlier? You couldn't have known that it wouldn't or would be. The mere fact that it wasn't out only means that you guessed right. It's still a guess though and being right or wrong doesn't change that it's only a guess, and that's the point.

Ah ha, you've returned.

It may have been a guess, but an educated guess, for the following reasons.

1. History tells us that the average beta cycle is two weeks.
2. There is no iPad build yet - Apple wouldn't concentrate on getting a second iPhone beta out within a week when another of their flagship devices has no build at all.

It is a developer beta. Not a consumer beta. We won't see a second beta until the iPad version is ready for developer deployment.

C DM
Jun 24, 2013, 02:33 AM
Ah ha, you've returned.

It may have been a guess, but an educated guess, for the following reasons.

1. History tells us that the average beta cycle is two weeks.
2. There is no iPad build yet - Apple wouldn't concentrate on getting a second iPhone beta out within a week when another of their flagship devices has no build at all.

It is a developer beta. Not a consumer beta. We won't see a second beta until the iPad version is ready for developer deployment.I never left. Not did I ever say that the beta will come last week. As always, I pointed out that saying that it will or won't come at any particular time is guessing. "Educated" or not is still guessing, and trying to say other guesses are better or worse is rather pointless. Again, that has always been the point I've been making.

----------

Well that's the point I think was being made. No-one knew so why was he being rubbished for saying it wouldn't be out last week? Did those people know any better?

In fact, the balance of probability given previous patterns of beta releases was that it wouldn't be out last week. They must be receiving many 000s of bug reports and will want to be showing major progress in the next release.I don't know if he was or wasn't. The discussion was essentially that everything is a guess and no one can be sure about it one way or another. Being right about a guess doesn't make that anything more meaningful than still simply a guess.

jackwong
Jun 24, 2013, 02:36 AM
I just wanna know the unavailable date about my ios7 beta1,it sucks.who can tell me that beta2 coming today?