PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one completely in love with iOS 7?

GreatUsername
Jun 11, 2013, 08:20 PM
Am I? Because all I've been hearing is people complaining about the icons and how they're not unified and how the simplicity takes away the textures that gave the apps character. I actually love everything apple showed yesterday at WWDC and am eager to upgrade as soon as possible. After looking at the new design for so long, I feel like my iPhone is out of date and the home screen is boring.

Also, I feel like everyone that's upset about it are probably just like that because they're afraid of change since they're so used to the same mobile operating system for so long. After time, they'll learn to say goodbye to the old UI and get used to the new one. Plus, this is a kind of beta and some small problems may be fixed before it's released in the Fall and then there'll be more updates after that.

Now hold onto your seats because I'm just as excited to see this new look in iOS come to OS X. Face it, it'll probably happen within the next three years.

childoftheko4n
Jun 11, 2013, 08:34 PM
I personally love it 0.o

212rikanmofo
Jun 11, 2013, 08:35 PM
I love it as well, for the most part. A few minor quirks, but overall I'm happy.

pak14life
Jun 11, 2013, 08:36 PM
Love how it looks...and it works even better than it looks. Don't like one or two app icons but other than that its nice.

Trius
Jun 11, 2013, 08:39 PM
Like pretty much everything else on these forums, we mostly hear from all the negative d-bags that like to complain about everything.

I love it!

I think most people do.

Rogifan
Jun 11, 2013, 08:45 PM
iOS 7 got a standing ovation at WWDC. Clearly the developers there feel differently than people posting here. I've watched a couple of the developer session videos and its obvious the Apple engineers are super stoked about this release. And no, none of them sounded like they were faking it.

superstarmc
Jun 11, 2013, 08:48 PM
True multitasking finally. I always thought that little pop up window you scroll through was strange from the start.

falconeight
Jun 11, 2013, 08:55 PM
I just wanted a quick way to turn off bluetooth. Anything else is a bonus.

NewYork88
Jun 11, 2013, 10:04 PM
The added functions will keep me using a iphone,next up,larger screen !

MVallee
Jun 11, 2013, 10:06 PM
I love the changes as well. The new features are great and the style (especially the lock screen) is so nice I find myself opening it just to stare at it lol

Cgdoc519
Jun 11, 2013, 10:14 PM
I completely agree. My wife and I both love it. It feels more natural if that makes sense.

KattDaDon
Jun 11, 2013, 10:19 PM
Your not the only one. I fell in love with iOS 7 the moment saw the keynote :D

Brittany246
Jun 11, 2013, 10:23 PM
I can't fall in love with the hideous stock apps and the terrible color scheme.

Pinkie Pie
Jun 11, 2013, 10:30 PM
It's weird, because it's not what we've been looking at for the last six years, but I'm excited about it for that reason! A fresh iOS! Something new! (Plus I've caught myself admiring parts of other OS's minimalist styles - now I can have that without throwing away the fortune I've spent on iOS apps.)

And now I'm going to add this subforum to my Excluded Forums for a week or two because the flood of rage and negativity is so annoying.

Tom G.
Jun 11, 2013, 10:58 PM
Put me in with those who really like it, and will upgrade as soon as possible.

rtfulk
Jun 11, 2013, 11:00 PM
I really like the new version. I must admit when I first turned my iPhone on I was a little shocked by the different icons, but it didn't take long to get use to them.

I've only had one issue and one request so far.

Issue: my battery life terrible, but I know this is a beta and will probably be addressed in future updates.

Request: I have a lighter color home screen and the with text is almost invisible. I would like to have an option in settings that would allow me to darken the text ( app name,carrier, signal strength..etc.), like a slider for the brightness, but for the text go from white to a darker shade of gray or black.

likemyorbs
Jun 11, 2013, 11:01 PM
You're not the only one. I love it and I'm surprised at all the hatred for it. I think it's exactly what they needed to do.

Naor
Jun 11, 2013, 11:01 PM
At first I really hated everything about it. But after one day of usage, I'm completely in love with it. Can't even imagine how fun it will be to play on my iPhone on the official version!

TonicAngel
Jun 11, 2013, 11:07 PM
I love it!!!

davidlw
Jun 11, 2013, 11:08 PM
I love OS7 also from what I have seen. Great job Apple.

BasilFawlty
Jun 11, 2013, 11:10 PM
I can't fall in love with the hideous stock apps and the terrible color scheme.

Ditto. I can not stand the new look. Blech!

ek9max
Jun 11, 2013, 11:18 PM
I really like it. However I will go back to iOS 6 until it gets a bit more stable. Almost every non stock app crashed on me.

daigohgoh
Jun 11, 2013, 11:32 PM
+1, love the new overhaul!

MF878
Jun 11, 2013, 11:53 PM
I love it. People need to chill out, especially the ones who asked for change, got it, and are now bitching because they're not used to some icons... Jesus...

sawah
Jun 12, 2013, 12:00 AM
Love it and it's pretty stable for a beta. Can't wait til it's finished.

Jordan921
Jun 12, 2013, 12:02 AM
No you are not the only one. I've been using it and love it.

rmeadejr
Jun 12, 2013, 12:04 AM
loving it so far. hardly any bugs and such. battery is good. I'm just worried with beta 2 something will get screwed up and ruin it...

dialed1
Jun 12, 2013, 12:35 AM
I'm a fan! :cool:

Mak47
Jun 12, 2013, 12:55 AM
You're only reading complaints because it's the Internet and that's what people do here. iOS 7 has a few flaws in design, but overall it's remarkably clean and I really love it so far.

itsmemuffins
Jun 12, 2013, 03:51 AM
I love the features. I hate the look.

It looks like rainbow puke and why so much neon and pastel with sooooo much white? :(

Ann P
Jun 12, 2013, 03:54 AM
My only gripe are the colors. If gradience is a must, can it be more subtle? Still a few more months to go before final release so I'm hopeful.

http://dribbble.s3.amazonaws.com/users/2404/screenshots/1110960/ios-7---dribbble-preview_1x.png

Yptcn
Jun 12, 2013, 04:05 AM
Oh no , you are not alone ! Besides the Safari icon , I love everything about it :D And a big WOW to Jony Ive and his team for doing sooo much in seven months :cool:

TommyA6
Jun 12, 2013, 07:23 AM
Love it :)

----------

My only gripe are the colors. If gradience is a must, can it be more subtle? Still a few more months to go before final release so I'm hopeful.

http://dribbble.s3.amazonaws.com/users/2404/screenshots/1110960/ios-7---dribbble-preview_1x.png

They can (and probably will) easily tweak some of the icons, but I like most of them. Safari, compass, newsstand and stocks look better on your concept :) . Other apps look equally great on both your thing and iOS 7.

GreatUsername
Jun 12, 2013, 09:02 AM
iOS 7 got a standing ovation at WWDC. Clearly the developers there feel differently than people posting here. I've watched a couple of the developer session videos and its obvious the Apple engineers are super stoked about this release. And no, none of them sounded like they were faking it.

I think a reason for developers to dislike it is now they have to completely change all their icons as well as the graphics within the apps to go with the new theme. Still, once that's done there won't be much reason left to hate it.

melb00m
Jun 12, 2013, 09:05 AM
I think a reason for developers to dislike it is now they have to completely change all their icons as well as the graphics within the apps to go with the new theme. Still, once that's done there won't be much reason left to hate it.

I don't think developers don't like it. Actually, I think most of them are pretty thrilled about the new look and the great new API's. I know I am, and on WWDC many of them gave (honest) standing ovations after the initial presentation.

Most of the hate comes from people that are actually not devs, but still download the beta and expect a fully working and polished system.

palmerc2
Jun 12, 2013, 09:08 AM
I personally am a big fan. I have never been excited for a release of a new version of iOS. But I'm really looking forward to this release!

After 7 years of the same old UI, this change is well received!

Korican100
Jun 12, 2013, 09:13 AM
I am in love with the ios7. They nailed it.
Just.
In love.

Well done Ive. Well done Apple.

I am a happy Apple customer.

BvizioN
Jun 12, 2013, 09:14 AM
Of course you are not the only one. But many people were in love the skeuomorphic design so do not excpet them to adopt easy to this new one. There is a few bits that can be improved but overall loving it. By the way, I am using it on a black iPhone 5 and it doesn't look bad at all.

Korican100
Jun 12, 2013, 09:14 AM
I love the features. I hate the look.

It looks like rainbow puke and why so much neon and pastel with sooooo much white? :(

if you hate the look you probably don't have any creativity. IMO

JacinTatt
Jun 12, 2013, 09:16 AM
I was skeptical at first, but it didn't take long for it to grow on me, icons and all. I love it now, and I used my first gen iPad that's stuck on iOS 5 and it already is starting to feel clunky, whereas only days ago it was fine.

All the naysayers are just crying because it wasn't exactly how they envisioned it. Sort of like children that can't have their own way.

ch382
Jun 12, 2013, 09:22 AM
I think it is definitely growing on me.

After using it for a day or so now, I am loving the new animations, the new lockscreen, the way new notifications are handled on the lock screen, not to mention all the other bits and pieces like controls, etc.

As a designer however, I think *some* of the icons look just a tad half-baked.. Which I thought was very surprising.. I would have thought that they would look just a bit more unified and 'complete'.. If that makes sense.

I'm still hanging for the official reveal and hoping some of these little things are looked at before then.

Like everything else, I think it'll all grow on me eventually- and definitely an awesome achievement given it's only been around 7-8mths.

-c

Rogifan
Jun 12, 2013, 09:28 AM

After using it for a day or so now, I am loving the new animations, the new lockscreen, the way new notifications are handled on the lock screen, not to mention all the other bits and pieces like controls, etc.

As a designer however, I think *some* of the icons look just a tad half-baked.. Which I thought was very surprising.. I would have thought that they would look just a bit more unified and 'complete'.. If that makes sense.

I'm still hanging for the official reveal and hoping some of these little things are looked at before then.

Like everything else, I think it'll all grow on me eventually- and definitely an awesome achievement given it's only been around 7-8mths.

-c

More positive feedback from someone who's actually used the software. Just more evidence that people shouldn't judge until they've actually used it. And more than just a few minutes.

Brittany246
Jun 12, 2013, 09:28 AM
if you hate the look you probably don't have any creativity. IMO

That makes no sense.

Korican100
Jun 12, 2013, 09:32 AM
That makes no sense.

what do you mean?

gibbz
Jun 12, 2013, 09:34 AM

-c
NDA-forced hypothetically speaking, I imagine that I would also love using iOS 7. Regarding the icons and other image assets, Craig Hockenberry (http://furbo.org/2013/06/11/been-there-done-that/) hypothesizes (given the short timeframe to date coupled with the iPhone-only beta release) that Apple designers likely have more iterations to complete.

Nostalgia
Jun 12, 2013, 09:39 AM
everything except some icons and some minor bugs (which is normal, itīs a beta after all ahahah)

Jlrera
Jun 12, 2013, 10:38 AM
I think it's pretty awesome, I can't wait till release.

Kissaragi
Jun 12, 2013, 11:19 AM
Am I? Because all I've been hearing is people complaining about the icons and how they're not unified and how the simplicity takes away the textures that gave the apps character. I actually love everything apple showed yesterday at WWDC and am eager to upgrade as soon as possible. After looking at the new design for so long, I feel like my iPhone is out of date and the home screen is boring.

Also, I feel like everyone that's upset about it are probably just like that because they're afraid of change since they're so used to the same mobile operating system for so long. After time, they'll learn to say goodbye to the old UI and get used to the new one. Plus, this is a kind of beta and some small problems may be fixed before it's released in the Fall and then there'll be more updates after that.

Now hold onto your seats because I'm just as excited to see this new look in iOS come to OS X. Face it, it'll probably happen within the next three years.

Your not alone, its just that the people that like to moan are very vocal and quick to post. The polls people have set up show the majority like it.

throys
Jun 12, 2013, 11:22 AM
Count me in as one of them who really likes the new iOS7