PDA

View Full Version : New Calendar app is bad!

Naor
Jun 11, 2013, 09:05 PM
Does anyone else feel the same? I'll explain my problem:
1. No dots on events
2. When I tap a day, instead of just showing me the events with the hours it takes me to this long list of hours and I need to scroll all way down to find something. I don't always insert the correct time, I just want to see the event and now it's just not convenient at all! :mad:

If there is any developer on here, please send this thread to Apple and let them know :

bendrumin
Jun 11, 2013, 09:14 PM
Hence why its a beta 1. Things are still getting ironed out.

Troneas
Jun 11, 2013, 09:15 PM
well thank you for informing everyone here that you are not a developer - because i had a hard time figuring it out.

now instead of making yourself look silly, why dont you go outside for some fresh air?

you downloaded a BETA product at your own risk. no one told you to do so. iOS 7 will not release for another 3 or 4 months. if you can't deal with broken features get rid of it, its that simple.

there is a distinct difference in not being a fan of the design and look of this OS to start ranting about features that do not work.

whocaresit
Jun 11, 2013, 09:17 PM
Everyone complained about leather.. now we're left with a flat white crappy app! :(

Naor
Jun 11, 2013, 09:20 PM
well thank you for informing everyone here that you are not a developer - because i had a hard time figuring it out.

now instead of making yourself look silly, why dont you go outside for some fresh air?

you downloaded a BETA product at your own risk. no one told you to do so. iOS 7 will not release for another 3 or 4 months. if you can't deal with broken features get rid of it, its that simple.

there is a distinct difference in not being a fan of the design and look of this OS to start ranting about features that do not work.
1. Calm down, count to 10 and get some fresh air
2. I didn't say I have any problem with the DESIGN, I said I have a problem with the functionality
3. The whole point of beta is to freaking fix the issues and I am informing about one of them
4. I can deal with broken features very easily but this doesn't seem like a "broken feature", it's something that Apple decided to do, to just force us finding the event or maybe not even knowing it exists. I'm not talking about the dots, I know it's a bug, but the hour thing seems like it was intended.

doug in albq
Jun 11, 2013, 09:24 PM
Well I have a problem with the design...it sucks. virtually pure white with some black lines...it looks like crap.

KentuckyHouse
Jun 11, 2013, 09:25 PM
I'm not liking the fact that there's not a setting anymore to set your agenda as the default view (unless I missed it). I realize you can tap the magnifying glass to get the agenda view, but I typically keep it set that way and this isn't possible anymore.

Sent from my iPhone 5 on iOS 7

Troneas
Jun 11, 2013, 09:30 PM
1. Calm down, count to 10 and get some fresh air
2. I didn't say I have any problem with the DESIGN, I said I have a problem with the functionality
3. The whole point of beta is to freaking fix the issues and I am informing about one of them
4. I can deal with broken features very easily but this doesn't seem like a "broken feature", it's something that Apple decided to do, to just force us finding the event or maybe not even knowing it exists. I'm not talking about the dots, I know it's a bug, but the hour thing seems like it was intended.

2. precisely. that is why your post is out of place.

3. there are avenues to inform about broken issues. developers have access to these avenues and inform apple directly of them. if apple wanted to read your rant they would have made beta available to everyone.

4. you do not know that because you are not a developer. you dont have enough information at your fingertips to be able to determine what is intended and what not.

GrantMeThePower
Jun 11, 2013, 09:34 PM
I'm not sure I understand why people are attacking the OP. Sure, he may not be a developer, but that really isn't the point. The calendar app is a disaster. I personally submitted feedback at bugreport.apple.com through the developer portal for these exact issues.

iOS 7 is looking really great for this stage in the game, but the OP pointed out a real flaw, which may also be helpful for people reading these forums who are trying to decide whether or not to put it on their daily usage phone.

Naor
Jun 11, 2013, 09:35 PM
2. precisely. that is why your post is out of place.

3. there are avenues to inform about broken issues. developers have access to these avenues and inform apple directly of them. if apple wanted to read your rant they would have made beta available to everyone.

4. you do not know that because you are not a developer. you dont have enough information at your fingertips to be able to determine what is intended and what not.

Well, I'm not going to keep wasting my time on arrogant people. Have a great day.

bgro
Jun 11, 2013, 09:38 PM
I wonder if this is missing from the beta or simply how Apple intended the calendar to operate. I agree that it's terrible, not the design but the functionality. I need the dots back or something similar to show me of something's going on that day.

AbSoluTc
Jun 11, 2013, 09:45 PM
Well, I'm not going to keep wasting my time on arrogant people. Have a great day.

He's not being arrogant. He's making a point which I will drive home.

If you care as much as your post suggests, become a developer so you can test the beta software correctly and can access the correct channels for voicing your feedback to Apple.

Icecoldcoke
Jun 11, 2013, 10:46 PM
If you click the little magnifying glass... It looks like it's for searching, but it will actually display the events as a list.

HarryPot
Jun 11, 2013, 10:51 PM
I think they should add a way to limit the hours of the day that can appear.

I mean, I never have an event at 3am, so it would be nice they give the option to limit hours shown from x to y hours, and hide the rest.

nikhsub1
Jun 11, 2013, 10:58 PM
OP, I just came here to post the exact thing that you did... I use my calendar in the month view, it suits my brain better... It is killing me that there is no indication of any events in the monthly view, but as has been said it is beta and I expect it to get sorted eventually. On the flip side, the mail app is leaps and bounds better than before, search actually works now!

adam044
Jun 11, 2013, 11:37 PM
I agree very hard to use and basic information isn't easily viewable

ucfgrad93
Jun 12, 2013, 01:09 AM
Hopefully, this will be corrected before it is released in the fall.

Dominicanyor
Jun 12, 2013, 02:20 AM

Guys is not that serious please!!

musio
Jun 14, 2013, 05:30 AM
I agree very hard to use and basic information isn't easily viewable

That sums it up! pages about the calendar not being right http://thingswrongwithios7.wordpress.com

adztaylor
Jun 14, 2013, 05:41 AM
Have to admit, the new calendar app is rubbish. Hppefully it improves through the betas.

Gutwrench
Jun 14, 2013, 06:05 AM
That sums it up! pages about the calendar not being right http://thingswrongwithios7.wordpress.com

Excellent link and I fully agree with the author and the OP.

The new iOS version of Calendar looses it's 'at-a-glance' functionality and less helpful to me as an enterprise device.

silvermx5
Jun 14, 2013, 08:13 PM
excellent link and i fully agree with the author and the op.

The new ios version of calendar looses it's 'at-a-glance' functionality and less helpful to me as an enterprise device.

+1

maxosx
Jun 14, 2013, 08:19 PM
It's rather sad to see so many people post negative comments when they have no clue as to what they are talking about.

Spend a few minutes and Google "Beta software" ... you'll learn something.

C DM
Jun 14, 2013, 08:22 PM
It's rather sad to see so many people post negative comments when they have no clue as to what they are talking about.

Spend a few minutes and Google "Beta software" ... you'll learn something.Often beta doesn't mean that the design will change, just that bugs will be worked out or small enhancements might be made. Sure, in some cases actual design changes are made too, although even in those cases those design changes are usually minor.

In a case like this, the whole redesign of the app is rather poor and removes some good and useful features that were there before. It's not as likely that this would be added back in simply because it's in beta. Now, if it was some technical preview or alpha, perhaps, but with beta there's less chance or at least likelihood of actual design changes, which is what this thread is more about (and not so much about bugs or something like that).

Shrink
Jun 14, 2013, 08:24 PM
Guys is not that serious please!!

You just don't understand how this all works...

EVERYTHING is serious.

Everything is a gigantic issue.

Everything is worth getting all up in someone's face.

Everything is a life or death issue.

In short, EVERYTHING is way out of reasonable perspective and proportion.

Just saying...;)

Dominicanyor
Jun 15, 2013, 01:44 AM
Ok lol

Merkie
Jun 15, 2013, 05:15 AM
Agreed, Calendar is terrible.

Iceage
Jun 15, 2013, 08:17 AM
I use Fantastical. Unless proven otherwise, I will not go back to the Apple calendar app. Same thing for Reminders and Weather, I use Any.do and Yahoo weather. Its that simple people!

musio
Jun 15, 2013, 11:18 AM
I use Fantastical. Unless proven otherwise, I will not go back to the Apple calendar app. Same thing for Reminders and Weather, I use Any.do and Yahoo weather. Its that simple people!

It's not that simple for the advance user. This is about the default calendar that is so tightly integrated with siri, your mac, iCloud, invites, maps, the whole ecosystem which we want to work. A 3rd party may be better but will have a lot less integration, not forgetting enterprise deployment and control

Cod3rror
Jun 15, 2013, 02:30 PM
The calendar is definitely ruined.

whsbuss
Jun 15, 2013, 03:04 PM
The calendar is definitely ruined.

It sure is. I loved the current calendar. Now this one is just as non-functional as Android.