Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhinged

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Even though I dislike iOS 7's design over iOS 6, the new Control Center (which you swipe up from below) is a GREAT innovation that Android has needed for years now. I've download apps that let me do similar things, but not to this extent (though the Nexus 7 has something similar from the top).

This really is something that's been needed on smartphones for years now.

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012
I agree that I really like how you swipe from the bottom instead of it being crammed into notification center like it is with Android phones :)

"Huge step above Android" is stretching the truth a bit though ;)

cualexander

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Even though I dislike iOS 7's design over iOS 6, the new Control Center (which you swipe up from below) is a GREAT innovation that Android has needed for years now. I've download apps that let me do similar things, but not to this extent (though the Nexus 7 has something similar from the top).

This really is something that's been needed on smartphones for years now.

You haven't used Android much. You can literally put toggles anywhere you want them to be.

daigohgoh

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2011
that is so true. the endless possibilities in terms of customization was to the point where i said "wow, this is a lot of work" and I just went back to stock and the odd customization.

I applaud Control Center. If not, SBSettings was what I relied on the most.

dhinged

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
You haven't used Android much. You can literally put toggles anywhere you want them to be.

No, I've been using Android for 4 years. I know you can download an app that does those things (Power Toggles), whereas you can't with Apple, but stock Android does not come with that except on the newer versions and you can't move them around or add or subtract them. Maybe manufacturer's skins will let you do that, but I haven't found one yet.

----------

I agree that I really like how you swipe from the bottom instead of it being crammed into notification center like it is with Android phones :)

"Huge step above Android" is stretching the truth a bit though ;)

Android currently has of the stuff in Control Center in their status bar, but neither has enough nor are customizable. It's nicer on the iPhone because you have two points at which to show extra menus, but that's just because iPhone only has one button and it's a physical button. I know how to solve the problem and have it both easy for the average user and customizable for the more advanced one, but neither company even tries.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Android incorporates most of the Apple notification centre and control centre into the one pull-down tab. I hardly ever use control centre, so to me it's far from essential.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.