PDA

View Full Version : Unable to complete activating non-developer iPhone 5

eaglesteve
Jun 11, 2013, 11:40 PM
I was under the impression that we can try out iOS7 without being a developers, so I'm surprised to see the following message appearing.

We're unable to complete your activ...

This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Develop Program <br/><br.>if you are a member of the Program, please register you device in the @@url@@.

Anyone knows how I can overcome this issue?

Thanks.

simsaladimbamba
Jun 11, 2013, 11:41 PM
The beta is for developers and no one else.

det2004
Jun 11, 2013, 11:44 PM

Become a developer. :eek:

eaglesteve
Jun 12, 2013, 12:13 AM
Thank you guys for your replies. Cheers.

braddick
Jun 12, 2013, 12:19 AM
If you attempted to download the beta 7.0 please confirm it is the correct beta for your iDevice and secondly remember to "update" and not restore with iTunes (on a MAC press and hold the 'option' key while clicking update).

The13thDoctor
Jun 12, 2013, 12:28 AM
I was under the impression that we can try out iOS7 without being a developers, so I'm surprised to see the following message appearing.

We're unable to complete your activ...

This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Develop Program <br/><br.>if you are a member of the Program, please register you device in the @@url@@.

Thanks.

First do a fresh install of your iOS 6 firmware, then set up as a new device. Then Option/Shift click the update button and locate and install your iOS 7 firmware.

eaglesteve
Jun 12, 2013, 12:38 AM
You mean that had I clicked Update while pressing the option key (instead of Refresh while pressing the option key), then I would not have gotten this message?

kerrikins
Jun 12, 2013, 12:44 AM
Yes, you need to do it as Update, not Restore.

eaglesteve
Jun 12, 2013, 01:02 AM
Thank you so much for the tips!