PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy

ross1998
Jun 12, 2013, 12:29 AM
Hey I was just wondering, and a thought came to my head. Do you guys think apple makes their so slower with every update on purpose so people continue to upgrade. I mean I remember when I got my first iPhone 4 with ios 4 and it seemed so smooth and lag free, but now iPhone 4 on ios 6 isn't smooth at all and lags slot even though ios 4 and ios 6 look the same

GGJstudios
Jun 12, 2013, 12:37 AM
Utter nonsense. Mine runs just as well as day one.

Ayemerica
Jun 12, 2013, 12:38 AM
No.

Jordan921
Jun 12, 2013, 12:39 AM
Really?! You gotta be kidding me.

michaelfields
Jun 12, 2013, 12:39 AM
Hey I was just wondering, and a thought came to my head. Do you guys think apple makes their so slower with every update on purpose so people continue to upgrade. I mean I remember when I got my first iPhone 4 with ios 4 and it seemed so smooth and lag free, but now iPhone 4 on ios 6 isn't smooth at all and lags slot even though ios 4 and ios 6 look the same

I actually wondered the same thing when I put iOS 4 on my iPhone 3G and it became so slow it was almost unusable. I think it's really just the hardware not being upgraded with the software though. Whether it looks different or not it's still software that's two years ahead of the device.

I could be wrong though.

Edit: Have you tried doing a restore and setting up your phone as new? That usually speeds it back up.

eyespii
Jun 12, 2013, 12:55 AM
Hey I was just wondering,

that's the problem right there!

whocaresit
Jun 12, 2013, 12:55 AM
I believe so. My old iPad 1 lagged so much with iOS 5.

I installed iOverclock from Cydia. Requires a jailbreak. It is so much better. It doesn't actually overclock, it puts it back to normal speed the CPU is capable of.

ucfgrad93
Jun 12, 2013, 01:06 AM
Really?! You gotta be kidding me.

Agreed. Here is your tinfoil hat, OP.

Jordan921
Jun 12, 2013, 01:32 AM
Agreed. Here is your tinfoil hat, OP.

Man the things people come up with these days. Do they not have anything better to do.