PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 UI Poll

SamGabbay
Jun 12, 2013, 12:51 AM
Which iOS User Interface do you like better...

Let's settle this once and for all.

Ayemerica
Jun 12, 2013, 12:58 AM
I like the added features of iOS 7. I'll have to grow to love the UI.

E2EK1EL
Jun 12, 2013, 01:00 AM
iOS 6 looks way better, but the functions in iOS 7 are better w/o a doubt.

I've just reverted back to iOS 6.1.4 until Beta 2 arrives, things aren't very stable and getting overheating & batt drains.

ucfgrad93
Jun 12, 2013, 01:04 AM
I like the added features of iOS 7. I'll have to grow to love the UI.

Sadly, I have to agree.

ionjohn
Jun 12, 2013, 01:17 AM

I've just reverted back to iOS 6.1.4 until Beta 2 arrives, things aren't very stable and getting overheating & batt drains.

Exactly, I've done the same thing! But my gf wants to try it out so im going ios 7 again haha

AQUADock
Jun 12, 2013, 01:20 AM
You should have put a neither option, but due to the really good added features as said earlier by someone else ill have to get used to the UI.

Dolorian
Jun 12, 2013, 01:26 AM
I am downloading the iOS 7 Beta to try it out on my iPhone 4 so until then I am withholding judgement. Will vote and chime in later.

Davieis
Jun 12, 2013, 01:32 AM
The added features are great. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the UI at all. It's just too simple, dull and mono tone. It's like they've made it so simplistic that usability and affordance has been compromised.

It looks far too similar to Google and its lost it's 'Appleness', which made iOS unique and just so easy to grasp compared to Android. It doesn't reflect Apple's style at all. I think older people are going to have trouble with it especially. I was expecting a lot better from Jonny Ives.

saving107
Jun 12, 2013, 01:34 AM
How official is this official poll?

Technarchy
Jun 12, 2013, 01:37 AM
Makes iOS6 look like ass.

Can't wait till september.

kasakka
Jun 12, 2013, 01:43 AM
Crap poll and definitely not in any way official. It doesn't take into account that people might like the new features and the way actual apps look but hate the main screen icon design - which is downright amateurish to be honest.

MonstaMash
Jun 12, 2013, 01:44 AM
iOS 7 looks great, and more importantly, is a forward huge step for Apple. And like Ive said, it's very much a "starting point" for things to come in the future.

Expect to see refinements down the road.

Can't wait for fall 2013.

WhackyNinja
Jun 12, 2013, 02:44 AM
Makes iOS6 look like ass.

Can't wait till september.

Seriously! I tried it out (Beta 1) and I love it! I actually got passed the icons...didnt notice them. I was too focused on the new UI lol. It was very painful coming back to iOS 6 til another Beta comes.

robertosh
Jun 12, 2013, 03:24 AM
I've read a lot, iv'e see a lot of screens and definitely i prefer iOS6. iOS6 has a unified style, a more solid style all over the system. There are apps in iOS7 that seems that are not from the same OS. The new icons are ugly, and colors too. iOS7 is plain but with transparency.. it's a weird combination. I'm very disappointed :(. I miss you Scott!

LydonZA
Jun 12, 2013, 03:47 AM
iOS 7 by far! It's exactly what I was hoping Apple would do with the OS.

kissmo
Jun 12, 2013, 03:51 AM
Seriously! I tried it out (Beta 1) and I love it! I actually got passed the icons...didnt notice them. I was too focused on the new UI lol. It was very painful coming back to iOS 6 til another Beta comes.

:)))
Dude! I feel your pain!
I actually still refrain from downgrading even though my battery is taking a hit.

Now I hate to go back to ios6 too.. I am still meditating... should I??? :)
I really hate these iOS 7 icons but everything else is fine - sluggish animations sometimes and apps crashing aside...

Still thinking what to do....

SamGabbay
Jun 12, 2013, 08:38 AM
How official is this official poll?

Pretty official

MacReloaded
Jun 12, 2013, 08:39 AM
Pretty official

Not until the GM build!

skippymac
Jun 12, 2013, 08:44 AM
The only thing I'm not crazy about is the new icons.

Rest of UI look - great
All UI function - great

MonkeySee....
Jun 12, 2013, 08:46 AM
What this forum needs are more iOS 7 threads and more iOS 7 Polls.

throys
Jun 12, 2013, 08:48 AM
Love my new iPhone 6 with iOS 7. It feels like it. Def new UI

Siggen
Jun 12, 2013, 08:54 AM
If i am allowed to nitpick, its basically the same UI (where as the iOS7 version is an extended subset of iOS6 versions UI), but the UX (User exprience) is vastly different. :P

WhackyNinja
Jun 12, 2013, 11:11 AM
:)))
Dude! I feel your pain!
I actually still refrain from downgrading even though my battery is taking a hit.

Now I hate to go back to ios6 too.. I am still meditating... should I??? :)
I really hate these iOS 7 icons but everything else is fine - sluggish animations sometimes and apps crashing aside...

Still thinking what to do....

I would downgrade lol even though iOS 7 is sexy and all but remember. Its still a beta its not stable as iOS 6.1.

lsutigerfan1976
Jun 12, 2013, 11:22 AM
I have said this again and again. But the user exp i think depends on the color of the phone. If you have it setup like the white iphone showed off in the conference. You don't mind the UI or the icons etc as much. The black phones, you have to play with the background and so forth to tone down the OS. But it blends perfect with the white iphone. So the answer to this poll i think also depends on whether the user is using the white or black phone.

Brittany246
Jun 12, 2013, 11:31 AM

I agree 100%

7enderbender
Jun 12, 2013, 11:38 AM
If i am allowed to nitpick, its basically the same UI (where as the iOS7 version is an extended subset of iOS6 versions UI), but the UX (User exprience) is vastly different. :P

How so? Would you mind posting what the differences if any in the mail application are? Any changes to the iCloud settings, such as an ability to add a different outgoing email adress/SMTP server?

Apple...
Jun 12, 2013, 11:44 AM
At first I was unsure, but as I keep using it, I'm liking it more and more.

SamGabbay
Jun 12, 2013, 11:29 PM
I think the icons could be way better imho

eaglesteve
Jun 12, 2013, 11:34 PM

Somehow the design of the icons is a complete non-issue to me.;)

portishead
Jun 12, 2013, 11:41 PM
I don't think the icons are great, but the functionality is awesome, and trumps any issue I have with the icons. Plus I think they'll get a little touch up between now and final release, so I'm not worried.

Again, the functionality, especially for a beta, is AWESOME (albeit a little sluggish), and will only get better with time. It makes me excited about Apple again, just as I was questioning the direction they were going.

teknikal90
Jun 12, 2013, 11:44 PM
the original iOS is pretty timeless i thought. i dont mind skeumorphism in good doses. for example, the way they did iBooks was tasteful to me.
The new minimalism of the new iOS seems like a fad.
the reason there are hints of skeumorphism on iOS is to make everything self-explanatory. a kid can pick up an iOS 1-6 device and go. on a 7, not quite on some areas. iOS 7 requires experience on iOS 6. granted, most people have that by now. but still. it's not a timeless design.

AppleBoyFreak
Jun 13, 2013, 12:58 AM
While the over all feel of iOS seems more girly, it also seems more futuristic. I am actually very pleased with all of the changes that were implemented and now I am even more excited about getting the next generation of the iPhone in white.

noobzaja
Jun 13, 2013, 01:17 AM
Ios 7 is the best mobile os that I ever use :cool:

E2EK1EL
Jun 13, 2013, 03:00 AM
Going on a trip this weekend to Ottawa; can't be on this Beta ver of iOS7, gotta have things working 100% and batt life has to be back to normal.

portishead
Jun 13, 2013, 03:12 AM
a kid can pick up an iOS 1-6 device and go. on a 7, not quite on some areas. iOS 7 requires experience on iOS 6. granted, most people have that by now. but still. it's not a timeless design.

The simple OS was cool for a year years, but I need something with more advanced features now. Apple hit a Homerun here. Maybe they can have an option to simplify things for folk like you. Like keeping the swipe box and stuff. I think the appearance will get refined a lot though.

Nebrie
Jun 13, 2013, 11:10 AM

I find that the more I use it, the less I am annoyed by the design of the icons. The wide variety of icon styles is more annoying.

kerrikins
Jun 14, 2013, 09:51 AM
The more I use it the more I love it. I love the new functionality it has, I love the look of it, I love the camera... About the whole things I would change are the glaring white in the messages app and mail, and I do hope that Apple has darker colours available in the fall for those who get migraines very easily, etc. But overall I love it and consider it an improvement to iOS 6. It makes my phone feel new again which I think a lot of people will love.

SamGabbay
Aug 16, 2013, 10:22 AM
I find that the more I use it, the less I am annoyed by the design of the icons. The wide variety of icon styles is more annoying.

Do you still feel that way about the icons?

Cougarcat
Aug 16, 2013, 10:28 AM
There I things I like and dislike about both.

iOS 6
+ nice icons
+very high usability
- skeuomorphism

iOS 7
+minimalistic, modern
-bad color scheme
-transparency reminds me of vista
-bad gradients, icons

Armen
Aug 16, 2013, 04:43 PM
looks like iOS 7 wins (not surprised since most Blog site polls show the same results).

novovic
Aug 16, 2013, 05:34 PM
+ minimalistic design (why did they break the rule with hippy icons?)
+ animation and transitions
+ fonts
----- icons (looks like a kids os, just like Android)
- dock design
- folders design

Wish they change icons to match the minimalistic design... :/

Osullivan1
Aug 16, 2013, 06:48 PM
iOS 7 UI works better on iPhone than iPad IMO, but still looks better than iOS 6 on iPad in many places.

The only place it properly fails on iPad is in the music app and in Safari - which are both super grim...