PDA

View Full Version : [iPhone] Love iOS 7, but the CALENDAR is AWFUL

ncsmith4
Jun 12, 2013, 01:00 AM
For seven years I've used the calendar and dots on the days to see when I have commitments. Now, in month view this is no longer the case. And when I tap on a date, I'm taken to a full screen of that date. I can't quickly tap around in the month and quickly see what I have going on.

This is a serious step backward in useability vs aesthetics. I VERY MUCH hope this is reconsidered. :confused: :(

ucfgrad93
Jun 12, 2013, 01:02 AM
For seven years I've used the calendar and dots on the days to see when I have commitments. Now, in month view this is no longer the case. And when I tap on a date, I'm taken to a full screen of that date. I can't quickly tap around in the month and quickly see what I have going on.

This is a serious step backward in useability vs aesthetics. I VERY MUCH hope this is reconsidered. :confused: :(

Agreed. Hopefully, it will be fixed before it is released in the fall.

mavis
Jun 12, 2013, 01:06 AM
Agreed. I bought Fantastical ($5) yesterday because I really like the dots and the month+list hybrid view; it's a good app if you're looking for something better than iOS7's stock calendar. Of course it would be nice if Apple would just fix their app ... :)

ncsmith4
Jun 12, 2013, 01:09 AM
Does Fantastical sync with iCloud? I'm kind of addicted to my iCloud syncing iCal...

(...even though I know it's not called iCal anymore. Haha)

dcpmark
Jun 12, 2013, 01:21 AM
Week Calendar in the App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/week-calendar-easy-powerful/id381059732?mt=8

mavis
Jun 12, 2013, 02:24 AM
Does Fantastical sync with iCloud? I'm kind of addicted to my iCloud syncing iCal...

(...even though I know it's not called iCal anymore. Haha)

Yes, it does. That was important to me, too!

dsh3
Jun 12, 2013, 02:29 AM
Week Calendar in the App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/week-calendar-easy-powerful/id381059732?mt=8

Best. Calendar app. Ever.

Maaz
Jun 12, 2013, 02:49 AM
i felt the same way.

WhackyNinja
Jun 12, 2013, 02:53 AM
I didnt get a chance to play around with the Calendar app as much as I did with the other stock apps. So I dont know what to tell you. Its looks appealing but idk. I'll check it out when Beta 2 comes around.

JaySoul
Jun 12, 2013, 04:04 AM
The stock Calendar has always been a bit rubbish anyway, so I can't imagine this or Mail will be vastly different.