PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7

TrenttonY
Jun 12, 2013, 03:39 AM
When beta 2 comes out what will you do if you didn't use a developer account? Will it be a Over-the-Air update? Via iTunes? And if it's via iTunes will you need to find the beta 2 file on the Internet or will iTunes give it to you like a regular update? And when you update will it ask you to type in your developer account? Thanks!

Phoboss
Jun 12, 2013, 03:42 AM
first of all, you haven't picked a very good title for your post. secondly, if your not a developer, you shouldn't install iOS 7. Also, nobody knows how beta 2 will be released. iOS 6 had some updates OTA, (I think the last 2) and some had to be done with a complete reinstall of the OS.

UmbraDiaboli
Jun 12, 2013, 04:12 AM
Most likely a download from the downloads menu at the developers website in your account.

Apple can require UDID device registration with each update if they want to. With this preview they either carelessly forgot, or just wanted a large base of users to install it to get an idea of people's reaction to the new design.

TrenttonY
Jun 12, 2013, 04:51 AM
Sense the iOS 7 beta 1 expires July 24 I have then to restore to iOS 6.1.3, I would be able to do that because Apple is still signing iOS 6.1.4 until iOS 7 will be released?

----------

Most likely a download from the downloads menu at the developers website in your account.

Apple can require UDID device registration with each update if they want to. With this preview they either carelessly forgot, or just wanted a large base of users to install it to get an idea of people's reaction to the new design.

Sense the iOS 7 beta 1 expires July 24 I have then to restore to iOS 6.1.3, I would be able to do that because Apple is still signing iOS 6.1.4 until iOS 7 will be released?

Phoboss
Jun 12, 2013, 06:24 AM
apple always states that you can't downgrade form an iOS beta. at the moment you can, but that doesn't mean its going to stay like that. IF you can restore to an iOS 6 build, it's ALWAYS just the latest one. for iphone 5 thats 6.1.4.
if your UDID is not registered through a proper dev account, you could, in the worst case scenario be stuck with an unusable device until iOS 7 final comes out, IF there is no way of downgrading by the time iOS 7 beta 1 expires.
and thats the reason this is a beta for DEVELOPERS, because you never know what's going to happen.