PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7 Beta 1 - App Failure List

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 12, 2013, 05:50 AM
I see that there is a general thread for iOS 7 & another for bugs within the OS, but I haven't seen one for collating App Failures.

I'm using an iPhone 4S 64GB and the apps that I have noticed with problems so far, in alphabetical order, include:

Startup Crash / Hang

Ancestry
Anodia
Athlean-X
Boost 2
CardStudio
Connect Poker
eBay
EuroSport
F1 Live 24
FS5 Hockey
Google Translate
IMDB
PC-FAX.com FreeFax International
Pinball Arcade
Skill Game
WikiPanion

Menu Unresponsive

Pong World
Ringtone Designer
Shock-X
Wild West Pinball
WindUp Knight

Lost Game Save Data

Tap Tap 4
Tap Tap Tour

Other Issues

Airbnb - latest update v 2.5.6 has no rental values or map info on properties
App Store - randomly crashes during app updates
iBooks - no books / PDFs showing even though they are on the device
News Republic - was working very well until update 3.1 – now it crashes reasonably frequently
Shazam - won't close properly, even from Multitasking. Had to DFU phone to close it
Skype - overall works ok, but crashes when opening recents list and messaging
TED - GUI layout issues
Yelp - works fine except that you can't add Photos from the Camera Roll
YouTube - seems to work except for the "share" options. When clicked, nothing happens.

Personally I'm impressed with the stability and level of app compatibility considering we're at Beta 1 stage. The only one from the list I would struggle without is eBay which is accessible through a Web App anyway, so no big deal.

Hope this helps, feel free to add more app issues you discover.

Lunfai
Jun 12, 2013, 05:52 AM
Skype - Unable to chat (logs in fine, but you can't interact with people).

saldawop
Jun 12, 2013, 06:29 AM
Shift Worker -Calendar grayed out
Nationwide Banking - Cannot complete set up

Cayennr
Jun 12, 2013, 06:41 AM
iA Writer - Crashes on startup
Instagram - Some of the pictures on the home screen don’t show up (a gray box is shown instead)

sheppy1
Jun 12, 2013, 06:44 AM
Skype just fails on opening with me on my iPhone 5..doesn't even sign in

inselstudent
Jun 12, 2013, 07:13 AM
iPIN crashes on startup.

Usu
Jun 12, 2013, 07:16 AM
Navigon Europe immediately crashes on startup.

mynamesreallong
Jun 12, 2013, 07:19 AM
Kik Messenger - Doesn't work, Just crashes upon opening

MikeePA
Jun 12, 2013, 07:22 AM
iTV Shows 2 opens and updates info, but crashes if you touch anywhere on the screen.

SK360
Jun 12, 2013, 07:23 AM
PNC Bank Virtual Wallet - Mobile Deposit shows a black screen

Youtube, cant click the button in the lower right of the screen to make it full screen.

JetBlack7
Jun 12, 2013, 07:24 AM
www.apple.com/feedback

JLemm
Jun 12, 2013, 07:25 AM
I can open the Reminders app, but it crashes when I try to add a new Reminder.

bearda
Jun 12, 2013, 07:43 AM
www.apple.com/feedback

No, that's the entirely wrong place to report these issues. If you're getting crashes with a third party app it's the app developer who needs to start looking into the issue. The feedback page also isn't the place to report issues with beta software, use the beta forums through the dev center.

----------

I've gotten the Audible app to crash reliably on startup.

ASKendrew
Jun 12, 2013, 07:46 AM
Pocket Expense - opens for a second and immediately crashes.

MikeePA
Jun 12, 2013, 07:51 AM
Same here!

Can we "force" the sending of diagnostic logs to Apple (the ones generated in Diagnostics and Usage)? Does anyone know when are they automatically sent?

KentuckyHouse
Jun 12, 2013, 07:51 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7 beta 1

eBay locks up upon start
Find My iPhone crashes when you tap your phone to find it's location (apparently there's a beta FMiPhone floating around that fixes this issue).

nfl46
Jun 12, 2013, 08:10 AM
Kik
Regions

SRASC
Jun 12, 2013, 08:36 AM
Bejeweled
Bejeweled Blitz
Find My iPhone (when viewing the map)
IntoNow

allistera
Jun 12, 2013, 08:40 AM
Sleep Cycle - Found out the hard way

Mosi
Jun 12, 2013, 08:57 AM
The more I play around with the beta the more apps I have that are causing me problems. Which is not surprising considering the beta and the SDK has only been out 48 hours. I have noticed that a lot of apps are hanging (I think) because of the new UI for pop up notifications.

Audible - Consistently crashes when trying to refresh my library
Apple Podcast App - Initially I had no issues but now it hangs on startup and crashes

Will update as I discover more...

MastahRiz
Jun 12, 2013, 09:07 AM
iPhone 5 -

Travelocity, delta, and even Safari on certain airlines' web pages doesn't work because the text entry field for dates I want to fly is unresponsive.

gmanist1000
Jun 12, 2013, 09:11 AM
Same here!

Can we "force" the sending of diagnostic logs to Apple (the ones generated in Diagnostics and Usage)? Does anyone know when are they automatically sent?

I think they're auto-sent when connected to Wi-Fi.

BFG86
Jun 12, 2013, 09:18 AM
Podcast app - can't update podcasts. it either spins endlessly or crashes

JCCL
Jun 12, 2013, 09:26 AM
Infinity Blade
Infinity Blade 2
Arc Squadron

All of them crash when opening.

trevcor
Jun 12, 2013, 10:03 AM
Clear doesn't work for me.
My lists aren't visible. I can see the settings and top level items but that's it.

ronvgs
Jun 12, 2013, 10:05 AM

The Same here

SuperRob
Jun 12, 2013, 10:09 AM
Apple's Maps app crashed four times on me while navigating yesterday. On a 30 minute drive. That was painful.

DJAKO
MLB at Bat app does not play live audio or video. It crashes every time.

deuxani
- Whatsapp: working, but if you switch between conversations in which you are typing, the bar with the text and send button will disappear, so you can't send messages anymore. Click somewhere in chat (but not on a chat bubble) to get it back.
- Fantastical: working, but really slow scrolling and doesn't update if you have your mail and calendar set to manual instead of fetch or push (which seems more like an OS problem, as the default calendar doesn't update either).

It seems that all calendar apps have problems when scrolling an event view, same goes for the stock calendar app when going to the search view.

TG1
Jun 12, 2013, 10:10 AM
Google+. Crashes on launch. :(

rmeadejr
Jun 12, 2013, 10:15 AM
MLB at Bat and myAT&T

GrantMeThePower
Jun 12, 2013, 10:19 AM
Wikipanion crashed on me every time i did a search

"photo notes" crashes every time.

acctman
Jun 12, 2013, 10:21 AM
uninstalling and reinstall fixed a lot of the apps crashing on open for me

kdhoe
Jun 12, 2013, 10:25 AM

Reinstall the Podcast app. It solves all the problems

Ayemerica
Jun 12, 2013, 10:28 AM
My Skype crashes every time on open

GrantMeThePower
Jun 12, 2013, 10:35 AM
eBay app keeps crashing...and I did uninstall and reinstall.

Mosi
Jun 12, 2013, 10:45 AM

It was working for me until I installed the update that Google+ pushed yesterday

AnteusFogg
Jun 12, 2013, 10:48 AM
In addition to those crashing, can we list those working?

For instance on 4S, restored from iOS6 backup:
- Facebook OK
- Tumblr OK
- LinkedIn OK
- Mailbox OK with delete/reinstall
- Good for Enterprise OK with delete/reinstall
- Netflix OK with delete/reinstall
- Tapatalk OK
- Skype seems OK (tested audio not video yet)

To be continued...

Of course many are affected by UI glitches but at this point it would be difficult to say if that's an app problem or a generic one

BFG86
Jun 12, 2013, 10:55 AM

thanks for the tip. a re-install seemed to fix it

DtFan
Jun 12, 2013, 11:02 AM

Not for me. :(

I've reinstalled many times. I even uninstalled, rebooted the phone and reinstalled it. It is super finicky. My pattern for trying to use it is to open it. Let it crash. Open it and navigate to my podcast, attempt to play it. It will lock up. Close it and reopen it. Let it crash. Open it again and click on "Now Playing". As far as refreshing the app or making any changes including "mark as played" the app just locks up.

I have iPhone 4s, and this is my only real hangup so far with my usual workflow. There are random OS hangs that require me to reboot, but that isn't to bad for a beta 1.

iphone46
Jun 12, 2013, 11:04 AM
iA Writer - Crashes on startup
Instagram - Some of the pictures on the home screen don’t show up (a gray box is shown instead)
I updated to the newest version of IG(think it came out last night?). I am no longer getting the grey box issue.

If you use the app photo vault, due to the change in the popups you can no longer type in the password for a specific album. To get around this you must edit the album plist with ifunbox so that the password is blank.

cambookpro
Jun 12, 2013, 11:06 AM
Tiny Wings crashes on startup.

spencers
Jun 12, 2013, 11:10 AM
Plex crashes on startup
Worldmate crashes on startup

R4z3r
Jun 12, 2013, 12:00 PM
Google Hangouts keeps acting up for me and crashing occasionally.

TG1
Jun 12, 2013, 04:25 PM
My Verizon hangs after login.

Paddle1
Jun 12, 2013, 04:29 PM
Voice Memos

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 12, 2013, 04:43 PM
Voice Memos

Wow, not to hijack my own thread, but that's a quite different issue altogether isn't it?

I can't believe that the app is gone. Hopefully it's only a temporary measure and it will return before iOS 7 is released.

I'm amazed I didn't notice either as it's an app I've used ever since I bought my first iPhone 3G. I'm not at my computer at the moment so can't check whether the historical voice memos are still stored, but hopefully they are!

----------

Back to the subject of app failures.

News Republic, an application I love and use every day, was actually working better than it had been on iOS 6.

That was until today when they introduced update 3.1 and now it crashes reasonably regularly. Not enough to stop me using it, however, as I enjoy my regular custom news fix.

Patriot24
Jun 12, 2013, 04:45 PM
MLB At Bat - Crashes shortly after startup

rmeadejr
Jun 12, 2013, 04:47 PM
Wow, not to hijack my own thread, but that's a quite different issue altogether isn't it?

I can't believe that the app is gone. Hopefully it's only a temporary measure and it will return before iOS 7 is released.

I'm amazed I didn't notice either as it's an app I've used ever since I bought my first iPhone 3G. I'm not at my computer at the moment so can't check whether the historical voice memos are still stored, but hopefully they are!

----------

Back to the subject of app failures.

News Republic, an application I love and use every day, was actually working better than it had been on iOS 6.

That was until today when they introduced update 3.1 and now it crashes reasonably regularly. Not enough to stop me using it, however, as I enjoy my regular custom news fix.

the voice memo app will return. per the beta release notes it was not included in this beta.

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 12, 2013, 04:50 PM
the voice memo app will return. per the beta release notes it was not included in this beta.

That's a relief, I should really get round to reading those :-)

Are you aware of whether the historical memo files are still stored please? I suspect they will be given the situation.

rmeadejr
Jun 12, 2013, 04:52 PM
That's a relief, I should really get round to reading those :-)

Are you aware of whether the historical memo files are still stored please? I suspect they will be given the situation.

sorry...that i don't know.

apollo1444
Jun 12, 2013, 04:55 PM
Tap Tap 4? my god... do people still have those things installed?

mattdo93
Jun 12, 2013, 05:04 PM
Is Facebook Messenger Push Notifications working for anyone? It doesn't even show in the Notification Center Settings (Badges, Banner, etc.)

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 12, 2013, 05:15 PM
TuneIn Radio - update 3.7 has auto installed on my phone in the past hour and it appears to have fixed the issues with random favourite channels appearing / problems storing favourites.

Hope I'm not jumping the gun.

Apple...
Jun 12, 2013, 05:28 PM
Clear. Some of my lists don't appear...

hamiltonDSi
Jun 12, 2013, 06:24 PM
Is Facebook Messenger Push Notifications working for anyone? It doesn't even show in the Notification Center Settings (Badges, Banner, etc.)

Sometimes I see a badge on the app but no notification banner ; sometimes I see the banner notification but no badge on the app ; and sometimes it does not work at all. It's a hit or miss.

----------

IMDb - random crashes
MagicPlan - crashes when saving the document

saintforlife
Jun 12, 2013, 06:27 PM
Every time I open the Yelp app it shows a pop-up "Connect to iTunes to Use Push Notifications" and you can't make it go away even if you try hitting the OK button many times. Other apps show this message too, but one click of OK and they would work fine.

The problem with the Yelp app is so bad, you can't even exit out of the app by pressing the home button. The phone gets frozen. I have to press the power button to put the phone to sleep, then using the drop down notification I have to open an email or a message or some other app and by pass Yelp that way.

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 12, 2013, 06:49 PM
I use Yelp regularly and the current version of the app is running fine for me.

I take it you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

BrentT
Jun 12, 2013, 06:56 PM
USA Today. Crash on startup.

Stephen157
Jun 12, 2013, 07:12 PM

I had the same, or a similar problem on GSM iPhone 4.

I had 3 old reminders on my phone and I didn't want two of them any more. I deleted one, and the app crashed, but when I reloaded it, the reminder was properly deleted and the app seemed functional.

The same thing happened deleting the second reminder.

I then tried to make a new reminder, and everything was going well but I believe the app crashed when I attempted to finish the reminder, and now even restarting the phone brings me to the same frozen reminders app without the new reminder created. Restarting the app or the phone does nothing. I might try to reinstall the iOS but might just decide to live without reminders.

Does anyone know if your reminders show up on notifications, or even in the calendar? These would be a great improvement if they cross-listed them, IMO.

sewallgeek
Jun 12, 2013, 07:21 PM
Geocaching by Groundspeak (tried re-install)

Tilpots
Jun 12, 2013, 07:25 PM
Junos Pulse. It's a VPN client I use to connect to my works website. Won't even open.

Gjwilly
Jun 12, 2013, 07:33 PM
Shazam - won't close properly, even from Multitasking. Had to DFU phone to close it

I've got books in iBooks. PDFs are missing but that's by design. It's in the release notes.
And I got Shazam to close with a simple reboot. No DFU necessary.

rix530
Jun 12, 2013, 10:38 PM
MLB at Bat force closes

klooney
Jun 12, 2013, 11:47 PM
Castle Age and Swipe both force close

----------

Castle Age and Slice both force close

WhackyNinja
Jun 12, 2013, 11:51 PM
kik for me

----------

oh and CNN

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 13, 2013, 03:09 AM
I've got books in iBooks. PDFs are missing but that's by design. It's in the release notes.
And I got Shazam to close with a simple reboot. No DFU necessary.

How odd.

Thank you.

northernbaldy
Jun 13, 2013, 03:16 AM
the podcast app constantly hangs/crashes

ritmomundo
Jun 13, 2013, 03:30 AM
I don't think anyone posted these (probably because no one plays them anymore):

Draw Something
Draw Something 2

Both apps hang at the splash screen and never open.

Also had some trouble closing Shazam Encore fully (the paid one) with the red bar staying on after exiting. But it went away a few seconds after closing the app via the multitasking screen.

sb22
Jun 13, 2013, 03:57 AM
Photobucket crashes at log in

dictoresno
Jun 13, 2013, 04:04 AM
DataVault password app works, but force closes when i try to restore my icloud backup file of all my passwords.

brunnernathan
Jun 13, 2013, 04:34 AM
Infinity Blade
Infinity Blade 2
Arc Squadron

All of them crash when opening.

Infinity blade don't crash with my iPhone 5...

ErikGrim
Jun 13, 2013, 04:47 AM

That's a feature.

squall101403
Jun 13, 2013, 05:31 AM

Same here. Plants vs zombies crashes

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 13, 2013, 05:35 AM

Yeah it'd be useful if people could post what model of phone they're using whilst experiencing the particular app problem. That way we could isolate issues on certain models.

squall101403
Jun 13, 2013, 05:41 AM
Order and chaos is unplayable. Does not crash but graphics is messed up so bad

ErikGrim
Jun 13, 2013, 05:54 AM
Scurvy Scallywags is having issues moving between missions. Can't walk to palms :(

Edit: must have been a glitch. Works now.

Cracked reader hangs and crashes at launch.

I swear Podcasts were working prior to the last (automatic) update.

JCCL
Jun 13, 2013, 02:22 PM

I have an iPhone 5 too, while I had iOS 7, everytime I opened each of those games would crash after the unreal engine logo........weird that you are not having any issues.

Mjmar
Jun 13, 2013, 02:58 PM
How long has it usually taken for app compatibility updates to trickle out after an iOS release?

kevingaffney
Jun 13, 2013, 03:55 PM
Three must apps I need to have working Copilot, Sky Go and Skype. Know theres problems with Skype. Cant get a feedback anywhere on the other two before I update

davidnyjets
Jun 13, 2013, 05:23 PM
To echo off other people's posts:

Clear opens for me but doesn't show my lists.

YouTube opens and plays videos, but will not go full screen landscape when you press the fullscreen button.

iPhone 5.

Lyons00
Jun 13, 2013, 05:26 PM
C-24 Interactive app doesn't work on iPhone 5! Once you sign in and tap on the app it closes. This is my alarm app sure hope they get this fixed soon!

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 13, 2013, 06:25 PM
How long has it usually taken for app compatibility updates to trickle out after an iOS release?

Out of all of those I listed in the first post, one has been updated so far, TuneIn Radio.

As time goes by I suspect many apps will be updated to not only iron out bugs, but also to change the look and feel to make it more consistent with iOS 7.

Jakimo
Jun 13, 2013, 08:16 PM
crash reliably

Amazing quote! =)

Clete2
Jun 13, 2013, 08:27 PM
Steam won't even start.

`Mailbox` will not receive messages.

FreeState
Jun 13, 2013, 10:58 PM
Okay for anyone using Runkeeper I advice you not.

Here are the bugs I have found:

If using iTunes Radio your feedback will be turned off (real bad when doing a tempo run!).

App crashes when taking pictures (data is saved, but it stops GPS and activity).

Inconsistant audio feedback, sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you just get mile updates without any other info.

App fails to sync off and on.

(I've gone back to iOS6 for half marathon training reasons. I use my development phone for everything, as I only have one:). I might give it a try on the next update.

paul117
Jun 13, 2013, 11:47 PM
Telstra 24x7 on iphone 5 even after reinstall will crash when attempting to check usage

Jakimo
Jun 14, 2013, 12:48 AM
Sleep Cycle - Found out the hard way

Sleep Cycle works perfectly for me, not one issue.

First off, I did a DFU full blown clean install on my iPhone 5 white (iOS 7 was obviously designed for the white iPhone, phew)

Secondly, I usually set the alarm and then I go to the home screen to allow Sleep Cycle to confirm itself by pushing the red bar up top. Then lock.

Always worked before, worked just fine to wake me up early this morning. A little too fine, as I had about five hours. Ugh. =)

Interestingly, when I set it last night it asked permission for Microphone access! So perhaps that's part of the trick that Pierre does, to get the alarm to ALWAYS work no matter WHAT (provided powered on). There's no other alarm clock whatsoever, in the App store, that has figured out how to do this. Amazing.

---

I've seen others say they've gotten Chrome to launch, I can't get past the license agreement... any of you guys alright with it?

----------

Downcast (universal app) works beautifully, just to let you know. It's a great client, and that's coming from someone who has them all just about.

Also of note, the Mac version is about to be submitted to the Mac app store in a few weeks - the intro price will be $10.

----------

Last year for iOS 6 I noticed someone put up a Tumblr or blog, for the sole purpose of documenting which apps worked, which ones crash and burned, and which ones were glitchy but were usable.

Has anyone found such a project yet? I've been looking for one since Monday...

jelloboy
Jun 14, 2013, 02:09 AM
Some additional apps -- note I installed apps after a clean install, not from restore as I've read some people have had issues doing that.

Audible crashes as it tries to refresh the library, meaning you can't actually pull up anything before it crashes.

Escort Live radar app doesn't work.

Vine worked for a few minutes then froze-up.

Tetris Blitz surprisingly did work just fine.

Overall I'm really impressed with the interface, the icons are a bit fruity and the pastel colors should be turned down a bit, but the software is very impressive and finally puts Apple back on the top tier as far as their base software goes, a crown which I believe they lost to Microsoft's excellent Windows Phone metro interface.

With that said none of my core apps work at the moment so I put iOS 6 back on, but I'm really looking forward to future releases and app updates.

Jakimo
Jun 14, 2013, 02:13 AM
`Mailbox` will not receive messages.

I had issues with multiple notifications on each new message with Mailbox. What worked for me: Delete each account 'everywhere' as opposed to the device. Then delete the app and reinstall. If you have it on your iPad as well, I'd recommend doing the same with it... (removing accounts from everywhere, deleting app and reinstalling)

Now Mailbox works *perfectly*, not even a single glitch.

saintforlife
Jun 14, 2013, 02:23 AM
MobileIron app - fails to install profile when you click on re-enroll device after installing iOS 7. Error message: "Profile Installation Failed. Your iPhone is not activated."

allistera
Jun 14, 2013, 04:22 AM
Sleep Cycle works perfectly for me, not one issue.

Secondly, I usually set the alarm and then I go to the home screen to allow Sleep Cycle to confirm itself by pushing the red bar up top. Then lock.

You're right, it is an issue with iOS, it randomly reprings once a day, usually at night. So it closed the app.

Clete2
Jun 14, 2013, 10:25 AM
I had issues with multiple notifications on each new message with Mailbox. What worked for me: Delete each account 'everywhere' as opposed to the device. Then delete the app and reinstall. If you have it on your iPad as well, I'd recommend doing the same with it... (removing accounts from everywhere, deleting app and reinstalling)

Now Mailbox works *perfectly*, not even a single glitch.

To clarify you are talking about the mailbox app, not Mail.app (built-in) right?

I'll try that.

Ayemerica
Jun 14, 2013, 10:29 AM
I can accept calls and videos on skype but I can't view recent lists with out it crashing.

TG1
Jun 14, 2013, 10:33 AM
Working on iPhone 5 now after latest update.

----------

ESPN Sportscenter Feed crashing on launch. iPhone 5.

Jakimo
Jun 14, 2013, 04:15 PM
To clarify you are talking about the mailbox app, not Mail.app (built-in) right?

I'll try that.

Yup. Works very well for me..

I prefer Mailbox over the much-improved Mail.app for most uses, because of the easy archiving and snoozing features.

Still have to use Mail.app especially for searches of ALL mail (including on server)...

Let me know how it goes!

jcastillo20059
Jun 14, 2013, 04:31 PM
Injustice crashes on start up i want to delete it and install it again but I don't want to lose all my progress do you know if its stored on the cloud?

backdoc
Jun 14, 2013, 09:27 PM
Black Screen when trying to take a photo of a check on Bank of America Mobile Banking Deposit.

PNC Bank Virtual Wallet - Mobile Deposit shows a black screen

Youtube, cant click the button in the lower right of the screen to make it full screen.

lotzosushi
Jun 14, 2013, 09:52 PM
The Nike FuelBand app crashes, won't open at all. However the Nike Running and Nike Training apps do still work.

digitalfx
Jun 14, 2013, 10:05 PM
Square Wallet v3 released today crashes on launch

ajt1995
Jun 14, 2013, 10:22 PM
Bejeweled: crash on launch

iPhone 5

alphaod
Jun 14, 2013, 10:52 PM
Find My iPhone (when viewing the map)

Install the beta from your portal.

crimean
Jun 15, 2013, 09:50 AM
iSymDVR app crashes on startup... Update will be available in 1 week approx.

bbfc
Jun 15, 2013, 09:52 AM
HSBC Fast Balance does not work. It launches but won't connect.

Gav2k
Jun 15, 2013, 10:18 AM
Gmail app - cant open attachments

Nike fuelband app - crashes on launch

erikwald
Jun 16, 2013, 02:01 AM
I've gotten the Audible app to crash reliably on startup.

Same at my end, also deleting the application and installing it again did not help.
It starts than perform "aktuallisierung" (updating library,...) and then before actually completing it just closes the apps. The apps is still active in the background (double tap on home). also tried to perform this 5 times after each other but this did not help.
Shutdown iphone and tested it again did not help. :(

I have placed a support request at audible.de so far no response.

towg
Jun 16, 2013, 07:27 AM
Guardian App:

The UI colours are completely messed up.

spartanrob
Jun 16, 2013, 07:45 AM
Bank of America - remote deposit capture shows blank screen

eBay won't load

Find my iPhone as others have reported

On a 5

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 16, 2013, 08:32 AM

Just installed on my 4s and it loaded without problems. I guess I got lucky.

OnStar app isn't recognizing my log-in.

james1758
Jun 16, 2013, 09:50 AM
eBay

----------

and skype:(

yachiru
Jun 16, 2013, 11:07 AM
Skype crashes. Sorry, but I'll wait till Beta 2 so that this issue is fixed. But I miss iOS7 :(

nanogirl21
Jun 16, 2013, 11:47 AM
youtube

AnteusFogg
Jun 16, 2013, 09:00 PM
It seems that some apps work after reinstall. Skype works for me.

eBay is definitely a no, but there's the web version so I can live with that until it gets fixed.

Reminder seems pretty unstable for me: I can't do anything with it since I've set a new reminder... Even after killing it I'm stuck with the "Completed" screen...

Krayzie116
Jun 16, 2013, 11:22 PM
Hi I have a question.

Last year beta of iOS 6 I went through all the beta and I can't remember if the app get better durning each beta.

The one I'm concern is Google Hangouts, I talk to my fiancée on it and I'm little worried when I go see her the app won't work right and she lives in Brazil going to see her in August.

So the question is do apps get batter durning the new betas?

I know we really don't know I guess if anybody remembers of they do or not

Thanks

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 17, 2013, 03:41 AM
I've got books in iBooks. PDFs are missing but that's by design. It's in the release notes . . .

Performed a settings reset for another issue with missing album art and I now have the opposite scenario from you. PDFs are there, but my books, although appearing, have the ready to download from iCloud logo.

Still, that's an improvement.

------

There are some apps mentioned as faulty on this thread that have always worked for me on a 4S including;

Draw Something
Reminders
Skype - works with exception of "Recents" list
USA Today
YouTube

EDIT - Just noticed that Yelp works fine except that you can't add Photos from the Camera Roll. Updated the original list.

. . . So the question is do apps get better during the new betas?

I know we really don't know I guess if anybody remembers of they do or not . . .

The trouble with any staged Beta is that some apps may work with Beta 1 and others are fixed by updates e.g. TuneIn Radio.

When Beta 2 rolls out, however, chances are high that something else will change and a few apps that previously worked will fail.

This will continue all the way through the Beta process and beyond, hence why there are regular updates every day on the App Store for bug fixes.

One thing that can be said, however, is that the number of apps failing should be at its highest on Beta 1 barring a major OS change by Apple during the development.

jafingi
Jun 17, 2013, 03:51 AM
IMDb freeze a lot too!

thereal-o187em
Jun 17, 2013, 04:05 AM
Google Plus - opened and allowed me to post 1 comment but crashed and hasnt opened since then

Sonic Dash - works only if you dont sign in to game center

Google Earth - any search i make takes me to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean

sschmelcke
Jun 17, 2013, 08:46 AM
IM+ loads but is basically useless.

james1758
Jun 17, 2013, 08:47 AM

This for me aswell :(

djEthen
Jun 17, 2013, 08:59 AM
Saavn Music App Crashes.

Iamgort
Jun 17, 2013, 11:31 AM
ADT pulse (home security) crashes when trying to control. Can login but that's it.

Menel
Jun 17, 2013, 11:37 AM
Hi I have a question.

Last year beta of iOS 6 I went through all the beta and I can't remember if the app get better durning each beta.

The one I'm concern is Google Hangouts, I talk to my fiancée on it and I'm little worried when I go see her the app won't work right and she lives in Brazil going to see her in August.

So the question is do apps get batter durning the new betas?

I know we really don't know I guess if anybody remembers of they do or not

ThanksIn this scenario, it is illogical and foolish to draw any conclusions from past history. Development is different, the OS is going through different evolution.

It sounds like you should stop using a beta software in a production environment.

Krayzie116
Jun 17, 2013, 05:13 PM
In this scenario, it is illogical and foolish to draw any conclusions from past history. Development is different, the OS is going through different evolution.

It sounds like you should stop using a beta software in a production environment.
Hi and thanks for the reply.

I was planing on taking my iPhone 5 with iOS 7 and my iPhone 4 just in case Google Hangout don't work on the iPhone 5 with iOS 7. I was going to use the hotspot you think that be a good idea?

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 18, 2013, 05:18 AM
The latest update to the game, "Score" - version 2.11 has it working on Beta 1

The app, "PC-FAX.com FreeFax International" hangs at the Loading screen.

I have a 4S.

Will update my original post.

evilyankeefan
Jun 18, 2013, 04:39 PM
Can anyone with the Audible update released today check if it is still busted whilst refreshing books? Thanks!

Geckotek
Jun 18, 2013, 11:48 PM
Has anybody tested any of the MTA apps such as Embark or HopStop?

crimean
Jun 19, 2013, 01:43 AM
iSymDVR fixed. Now it can startup ok on iOS 7. True for paid version. Lite update version should be available soon...

Kohkane
Jun 19, 2013, 01:53 AM
-clears throat-

Grindr crashes a lot. Then again it has always been a crappy app, since like iOS5.

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 19, 2013, 04:02 AM
Airbnb - latest update v 2.5.6 has no rental values or map info on properties.

On a 4S.

Drock99
Jun 19, 2013, 06:00 AM
Slice crashes after attempting to log in.

I miss Slice.

I tried un/re but no luck.

Naor
Jun 19, 2013, 06:21 AM
Instagram doesn't show photos if you scroll up.
I love his Facebook updated their app quickly and now it's compatible without any major issues.

Swiss-G
Jun 19, 2013, 06:40 AM
Clear doesn't work for me.
My lists aren't visible. I can see the settings and top level items but that's it.

Clear. Some of my lists don't appear...

To echo off other people's posts: Clear opens for me but doesn't show my lists.

Developer is aware:

Some of the Clear team are in San Francisco for this week’s Apple Worldwide Developers Conference, and like all other Apple developers we’ve just received the first beta of iOS 7.

As pre-release software is subject to change, we don’t support Clear on pre-release versions of iOS - this includes iOS 7 Beta 1. We are aware of some display issues in iOS 7 Beta 1, and believe them to be issues that Apple needs to address in future iOS 7 betas.

We’ll of course ensure that Clear is fully updated to work on iOS 7, however cannot offer guaranteed support for iOS 7 until it launches later this year.

If you’ve installed iOS 7 Beta 1 or later, please bear in mind that you’re using software intended for testing purposes only and that apps (including Clear for iPhone) may not work as expected.

mackoolaid
Jun 20, 2013, 10:45 AM
Won't take pictures to deposit checks. Iphone5, ios7 beta1

mkstewartesq@co
Jun 20, 2013, 11:06 AM
Won't take pictures to deposit checks. Iphone5, ios7 beta1

Actually, it does take pictures. Here's the weird thing:

When you go to take the picture (activate the camera in the app), the screen will be black. So you can't see what you are taking a picture of.

But if you click to take the picture, the picture you took will appear in a moment. So what isn't working is the "live" view. But the camera does take a picture, and that picture can be reviewed AFTER you take it and can be uploaded to BoA in the app.

I had to deposit a check and had to take about 5 pictures each of the front and back of the check, guesstimating each time, until the app showed I had taken a picture with the check properly framed.

So it does work. It's just a royal pain.

I am using an iPhone 5 on beta 1 as well.

Mike

OneZweiThree
Jun 20, 2013, 12:22 PM
Whatsapp deleted all my conversations twice now.
It also seems to freeze sometimes (I get thrown back to the lock screen).

Anybody experiencing these issues?

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 20, 2013, 12:40 PM
Actually, it does take pictures. Here's the weird thing:

When you go to take the picture (activate the camera in the app), the screen will be black. So you can't see what you are taking a picture of.

But if you click to take the picture, the picture you took will appear in a moment. So what isn't working is the "live" view. But the camera does take a picture, and that picture can be reviewed AFTER you take it and can be uploaded to BoA in the app.

I had to deposit a check and had to take about 5 pictures each of the front and back of the check, guesstimating each time, until the app showed I had taken a picture with the check properly framed.

So it does work. It's just a royal pain.

I am using an iPhone 5 on beta 1 as well.

Mike

For those BOA customers with a 4s, picture deposit worked as it should under iOS 7, when I had the 4s. I haven't had a need to try it on my new 5 yet.

Ay_Zimmy
Jun 20, 2013, 12:40 PM
Instagram, sometimes the picture is gray and i have to scroll up and down multiple times until it shows, also on twitter if you look at a reply to a tweet, the original tweet never loads.

Sheza
Jun 20, 2013, 12:44 PM
Instagram, sometimes the picture is gray and i have to scroll up and down multiple times until it shows, also on twitter if you look at a reply to a tweet, the original tweet never loads.
I second the Instagram situation, a bit annoying but usually only happens if I scroll down to a picture and then start to scroll up again a bit slowly - the picture turns grey.

I don't think the Twitter thing is correct...

Also FYI the enlarge button on YouTube has been fixed in the latest update, not that it ever was a problem because of auto-rotate. Strangely enough despite this fix, there is still no fix for the status bar overlapping the app.

SuperPolli
Jun 20, 2013, 03:22 PM
Stock Apps-

App Store randomly crashes

Other Apps-

Instagram shows a gray box for some pictures after loading them.

Total Crashes-

Google Translate
CNN
MLB At Bat

Also when I went to edit my iCloud Account info, Settings freezes up and phone requires reboot before advancing. Still can't edit the info...

theeaglehasland
Jun 20, 2013, 03:29 PM
Downcast

TG1
Jun 20, 2013, 04:39 PM
Wikipanion crashes on search. iPhone 5.

BigMar89
Jun 20, 2013, 05:59 PM
anybody having issues with downloading apps after a clean, fresh install of iOS 7? I'm trying to download my apps that are saved in my "Purchases" page but there is some that just wont even begin downloading whatsoever. No error message or nothing. Downloading wheel spins for a second then stops.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 20, 2013, 06:03 PM
anybody having issues with downloading apps after a clean, fresh install of iOS 7? I'm trying to download my apps that are saved in my "Purchases" page but there is some that just wont even begin downloading whatsoever. No error message or nothing. Downloading wheel spins for a second then stops.

Same thing happened to me last night, right after an install. Waited 10 minutes or so, and my purchased apps list finally populated.

BigMar89
Jun 20, 2013, 06:16 PM
Same thing happened to me last night, right after an install. Waited 10 minutes or so, and my purchased apps list finally populated.

So when you clicked on the 'cloud' icon to download a certain app (everything is downloading for me except SongKick and Ness) did it spin for just a second and stop?

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 20, 2013, 06:20 PM
So when you clicked on the 'cloud' icon to download a certain app (everything is downloading for me except SongKick and Ness) did it spin for just a second and stop?

When I first clicked on "purchased apps not on this phone," nothing happened. Didn't see any action by iOS 7. Clicked back and forth several times and then let the phone sit for just a bit. Tried it again, and I saw the wheel spinning and a second or so later, my list showed. Installed without a problem after that.

When I installed iOS 7 on my 4s, my apps showed right away.

Lunfai
Jun 20, 2013, 06:23 PM
Whatsapp deleted all my conversations twice now.
It also seems to freeze sometimes (I get thrown back to the lock screen).

Anybody experiencing these issues?

Nope, mines fine and chatlogs carried over since iOS 5/iOS 6 (iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5).

BigMar89
Jun 20, 2013, 06:48 PM
When I first clicked on "purchased apps not on this phone," nothing happened. Didn't see any action by iOS 7. Clicked back and forth several times and then let the phone sit for just a bit. Tried it again, and I saw the wheel spinning and a second or so later, my list showed. Installed without a problem after that.

When I installed iOS 7 on my 4s, my apps showed right away.

Ahh gotcha. On my end, my whole Purchased Apps list appears and almost all of my apps downloaded except for SongKick and Ness. I click on Download for both and the Downloading wheel spins for a second then just stops. So, if anybody can try downloading these two apps on their end and post their results I'd greatly appreciate it.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 20, 2013, 06:57 PM
Ahh gotcha. On my end, my whole Purchased Apps list appears and almost all of my apps downloaded except for SongKick and Ness. I click on Download for both and the Downloading wheel spins for a second then just stops. So, if anybody can try downloading these two apps on their end and post their results I'd greatly appreciate it.
Ness doesn't download. Didn't try the other.

BigMar89
Jun 20, 2013, 07:00 PM
Ness doesn't download. Didn't try the other.

thank you sir.

muyaad
Jun 20, 2013, 07:02 PM
Skype crashed

Lylyluvda916
Jun 20, 2013, 08:07 PM
Skype - Unable to chat (logs in fine, but you can't interact with people).

skype actually works great on mine.

expedia does not work at all on my ip5. instagram has this weird bug where pictures will disappear and then reappear once i scroll back up

LNYMRKO
Jun 20, 2013, 08:50 PM
Latest KIK update resolved crash on bootup issues for me, now working again :)

Krayzie116
Jun 20, 2013, 10:35 PM
skype actually works great on mine.

expedia does not work at all on my ip5. instagram has this weird bug where pictures will disappear and then reappear once i scroll back up how skype working for you mine crash anytime I click on new messages

Lylyluvda916
Jun 20, 2013, 11:07 PM
how skype working for you mine crash anytime I click on new messages

i deleted it and installed it again.

Krayzie116
Jun 20, 2013, 11:58 PM
i deleted it and installed it again.

Still crashes hopefully next beta works

epphllps
Jun 21, 2013, 09:43 AM
OneSafe is another that isn't working. Cloud sync loads the items, but they are blank of your information that was saved.

jagcurtis
Jun 21, 2013, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=SuperPolli;17462604]Stock Apps-

Total Crashes-

Google Translate
CNN
MLB At Bat

QUOTE]

I feel your pain on MLB at Bat..same here...plus my other favorite app/game Dominos - Domination also crashes...arrggg

blazingbananaz
Jun 21, 2013, 10:44 PM
Apple's podcast app hangs
Find my iPhone app hangs

rmeadejr
Jun 21, 2013, 10:52 PM
Apple's podcast app hangs
Find my iPhone app hangs

have you downloaded the find my iPhone beta? that is if you can get on the developer site.

lsutigerfan1976
Jun 22, 2013, 05:20 AM
Espn radio app crashes at startup on my iPhone 5. Kind of a big one for me, as I am a sports nut.

cjmillsnun
Jun 22, 2013, 05:24 AM
I'm going to give you a clue about what is happening.

The app developers will have iOS beta 1 and will be regression testing their apps against it.

They will then be modifying their apps to make them work with iOS 7, whilst also testing them against any previous versions of iOS they wish to support in the future.

An update will then be put together to release near to the time of iOS 7's release.

Until then don't expect any apps to work, and don't complain to the developers or leave negative reviews on the app store.

A polite email to the developer explaining your problem and giving your exact device type may help them with their testing and fault finding.

8a22a
Jun 22, 2013, 05:33 AM
Netflix - can't sign in.

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 22, 2013, 06:17 AM
. . . An update will then be put together to release near to the time of iOS 7's release . . .

Whilst I agree with the vast majority of what you've posted, this part isn't always the case.

A few of the apps which were not immediately compatible with iOS 7 Beta 1 have already been updated and released. One example of this is TuneIn Radio.

That said, it's worth also mentioning that when iOS 7 Beta 2 is released, there will probably be a different set of app incompatibilities.

I guess the purpose of this thread is to share problems with other forum members, allow reassurance that they're not alone and to encourage feedback through the proper channels.

. . . Until then don't expect any apps to work, and don't complain to the developers or leave negative reviews on the app store.

A polite email to the developer explaining your problem and giving your exact device type may help them with their testing and fault finding.

This is absolutely spot on.

naasrd
Jun 22, 2013, 06:26 AM
Sparrow mail when you click on sender's name to see email address

Miracle Hobo
Jun 22, 2013, 08:46 AM
Halifax app.

cjmillsnun
Jun 22, 2013, 09:02 AM
I guess the purpose of this thread is to share problems with other forum members, allow reassurance that they're not alone and to encourage feedback through the proper channels.

Although people with iOS7 should be developers themselves and already understand that.

However we know that not everyone gets their software from the legitimate channels.

bushido
Jun 22, 2013, 09:12 AM
IMDB crashes when looking up a movie
Shazam does not fully close, red bar stays on top of the status bar
Mc Donalds app crashes - cannot use my coupons :o
Miso crashes
Navigon crashes

and of course the occasionally layout issues on certain apps

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 22, 2013, 09:14 AM
While YouTube app works for playing videos, I haven't been able to make use of the various "share" options. I click on message, email etc. and nothing happens.

ajvizzgamer101
Jun 23, 2013, 07:48 AM
Web Apps in general do not work for me.

timize
Jun 23, 2013, 10:25 AM
The official Geocaching app crashes upon launch.

pocketdoc
Jun 23, 2013, 10:38 AM
These are medical apps.

Allscripts Remote app won't let me sign in. It may have something to do with the new VPN abilities in iOS 7

iCoder will not get past the "updating" screen once initially loaded.

I had to go back to 6. :(

boshii
Jun 23, 2013, 10:51 AM
Espn radio app crashes at startup on my iPhone 5. Kind of a big one for me, as I am a sports nut.

ESPN Radio app works perfectly on my iOS 7 iPhone 5

lsutigerfan1976
Jun 23, 2013, 02:47 PM
ESPN Radio app works perfectly on my iOS 7 iPhone 5

Yeah I dunno why some apps work on some phones. And crashes on others. Even if they have the same phone. I resorted to loading one of the radio apps like I heart radio to get a local radio streaming when I want it.

Macnificant
Jun 23, 2013, 03:08 PM
really annoyed with shift worker app. I used that for my work scheduling and had to go back to an actual paper planner...

anyone else using a different work schedule app?

Silverrune
Jun 23, 2013, 03:11 PM
I see that there is a general thread for iOS 7 & another for bugs within the OS, but I haven't seen one for collating App Failures.

I'm using an iPhone 4S 64GB and the apps that I have noticed with problems so far, in alphabetical order, include:

Startup Crash / Hang

Ancestry
Anodia
Athlean-X
Boost 2
CardStudio
Connect Poker
eBay
EuroSport
F1 Live 24
FS5 Hockey
Google Translate
IMDB
PC-FAX.com FreeFax International
Pinball Arcade
Skill Game
WikiPanion

Menu Unresponsive

Pong World
Ringtone Designer
Shock-X
Wild West Pinball
WindUp Knight

Lost Game Save Data

Tap Tap 4
Tap Tap Tour

Other Issues

Airbnb - latest update v 2.5.6 has no rental values or map info on properties
App Store - randomly crashes during app updates
News Republic - was working very well until update 3.1 – now it crashes reasonably frequently
Skype - overall works ok, but crash when opening recents list
TED - GUI layout issues
Yelp - works fine except that you can't add Photos from the Camera Roll

Personally I'm impressed with the stability and level of app compatibility considering we're at Beta 1 stage. The only one from the list I would struggle without is eBay which is accessible through a Web App anyway, so no big deal.

Hope this helps, feel free to add more app issues you discover.
The Steam App crashes on opening. And Skype for me crashes when tapping on Messages as well.
Edit: iPhone 5

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 23, 2013, 03:19 PM
While YouTube app works for playing videos, I haven't been able to make use of the various "share" options. I click on message, email etc. and nothing happens.

Well spotted - same for me on a 4S.

. . . Skype for me crashes when tapping on Messages as well.
Edit: iPhone 5

I don't use Skype for messaging, but a couple of people have mentioned problems with this now.

I'll update both YouTube and Skype on my first post list.

naasrd
Jun 23, 2013, 04:01 PM
When searching for a radio station in TuneIn, search bar stays blank, however it searches for whatever you type in.

spartanrob
Jun 24, 2013, 10:13 AM
Shopkick - I've been having trouble getting my 'walk-in' kicks. Scanning works fine.

rpetersonca
Jun 26, 2013, 12:27 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7 beta 1

eBay locks up upon start
Find My iPhone crashes when you tap your phone to find it's location (apparently there's a beta FMiPhone floating around that fixes this issue).

Where can I find this Beta Find My iPhone?

KentuckyHouse
Jun 26, 2013, 12:34 PM
Where can I find this Beta Find My iPhone?

I'm not sure. I never tried to track it down, I was just stating what I'd read elsewhere. But I can confirm that the App Store version of Find My iPhone still crashes on beta 2.

This is something they really need to fix, beta or not. You'd think Apple would at least update their own apps to be compatible.