PDA

View Full Version : Issue with wifi certificates

thesage
Jun 12, 2013, 07:14 AM
The main problem I'm having is with accepting wifi certificates from a secured works network.

Home wifi isn't an issue.

From work there is a certificate to accept, and the accept button doesn't work, which means I can't log on to the wifi network at all.

TBONE72
Jun 12, 2013, 08:55 AM
The main problem I'm having is with accepting wifi certificates from a secured works network.

From work there is a certificate to accept, and the accept button doesn't work, which means I can't log on to the wifi network at all.

Yep, you're not alone. I started another thread on this issue. I think if it weren't for this bug I would have stayed on iOS7 a little longer, but I realy on my works WiFi way too much. Bummer. I'm sure it'll be fixed in the next beta.

arubinst
Jun 12, 2013, 09:08 AM
Same here. I reported the bug to Apple.

Weavus
Jun 12, 2013, 09:49 AM
I got round this problem by using the iPhone Configuration Utility and creating a profile with the security certificate inside it and uploading it to my phone.

thesage
Jun 12, 2013, 10:39 AM
Hopefully enough people will report this as I think it's pretty basic stuff...but this is the purpose of a beta, to find these things, so I'm not mad.

thesage
Jun 13, 2013, 04:29 PM
I got round this problem by using the iPhone Configuration Utility and creating a profile with the security certificate inside it and uploading it to my phone.

How did you do this Weavus? It's something I"m going to look at doing and see if it can work for me.

egauthier
Jun 14, 2013, 09:27 AM
Wow, Weavus it worked for me I had to fiddle a little bit to match it with my Wifi configuration but for my work place it worked very cool.

Thanks for the tip.

Stuke00
Jun 14, 2013, 09:29 AM

I just did an iCloud restore from iOS 6 and my certificate remained. Thankfully.

redsteel20
Jun 15, 2013, 08:25 AM

Yes, this works perfectly, I can confirm it. (Iphone 4S)

Big Dawg 23
Jun 15, 2013, 08:31 AM
I am with most of you. I reverted back to 6.1.4 because of WiFi, but I also had issues with the music app.