PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5 Battery

cristian.rivera
Jun 12, 2013, 07:20 AM
Hey, I just bought a White iPhone 5 from AT&T yesterday and immediately installed iOS 7. I've only been on safari and iTunes radio mostly and I've noticed my battery draining a lot faster then my previous iPhone. I know it definitely has to do with iOS 7 and I haven't used iOS 6 on the iPhone 5 so I have nothing to compare too. I attached my usage stats. Is this normal and if I switch back to iOS 6, from experience how long does the battery last?

Sirious
Jun 12, 2013, 07:22 AM
Hey, I just bought a White iPhone 5 from AT&T yesterday and immediately installed iOS 7. I've only been on safari and iTunes radio mostly and I've noticed my battery draining a lot faster then my previous iPhone. I know it definitely has to do with iOS 7 and I haven't used iOS 6 on the iPhone 5 so I have nothing to compare too. I attached my usage stats. Is this normal and if I switch back to iOS 6, from experience how long does the battery last?

You'll get better battery life with iOS 6 at this moment because iOS 7 has a terrible battery bug right now.

Zmanbaseball2
Jun 12, 2013, 07:22 AM

14% for 1 hr of usage is good... Thats about 7 hr of usage i think u would get out of it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

cristian.rivera
Jun 12, 2013, 07:25 AM
You'll get better battery life with iOS 6 at this moment because iOS 7 has a terrible battery bug right now.

Really? Is that documented? I mean I know betas aren't energy efficient at all but my iOS 6 beta last year was better than this.

----------

14% for 1 hr of usage is good... Thats about 7 hr of usage i think u would get out of it.

That's what I figured but when I switch to LTE forget about it the percentage goes down like every second.

melb00m
Jun 12, 2013, 07:29 AM
It's a beta for a reason. It's not optimized in many ways, one of them being battery life.

Additionally, the battery will get better over time when a few loading cycles are through. Rechargable batteries don't unleash their full potential right from the start.

Zmanbaseball2
Jun 12, 2013, 07:31 AM
Really? Is that documented? I mean I know betas aren't energy efficient at all but my iOS 6 beta last year was better than this.

----------

That's what I figured but when I switch to LTE forget about it the percentage goes down like every second.

Get an external battery pack. These come in different battery sizes. I have the astro e4 which is 13000 mah

AnkerŪ Astro 5600mAh Portable Power Bank Pack Backup External Battery Charger with built-in Flashlight for iPhone 5, 4S, 4, iPad Mini, iPods; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 2; HTC One, EVO, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Droid DNA; Motorola ATRIX, Droid; Google Nexus 4 ; LG Optimus [Lightning Adapter not included for iPhone 5]
http://amzn.com/B005K7192G

robwilson
Jun 12, 2013, 07:34 AM

I have not see any battery issues at all.

sammich
Jun 12, 2013, 07:37 AM

Talk about spreading FUD. Unless by 'battery bug' you mean it's a beta, which means that a) it's not final, b) it's going to have extra code in there to catch errors.

So yes, it uses a small amount of extra battery, I came home with a little less than usual, but it's expected. You're not really supposed to use a beta with your main device anyway.

cristian.rivera
Jun 12, 2013, 07:38 AM
Since my initial post I've just been browsing macrumors and I'm down to 77% already. I guess I'll just wait and see how it is over time.

Also when I got the phone I did the restore to iOS 7 which has a bug in some cases where it won't activate with the developer servers to I went back to iOS 6 then did an update to iOS 7 which doesn't feels as clean. Could this be a factor also?

Rogifan
Jun 12, 2013, 07:39 AM

Did you buy this phone for testing purposes? I hope this isn't your main device.

cristian.rivera
Jun 12, 2013, 07:41 AM
Did you buy this phone for testing purposes? I hope this isn't your main device.

No I have another 4.

Zmanbaseball2
Jun 12, 2013, 08:44 AM
Since my initial post I've just been browsing macrumors and I'm down to 77% already. I guess I'll just wait and see how it is over time.

Also when I got the phone I did the restore to iOS 7 which has a bug in some cases where it won't activate with the developer servers to I went back to iOS 6 then did an update to iOS 7 which doesn't feels as clean. Could this be a factor also?

Once in a while you might get 4-6 hrs of battery. I always get 5-6 hrs and i think thats great and i always have my battery pack in my bag so I'm good to go.

keitarou
Jun 12, 2013, 08:59 AM

I am at 15% right now and my usage is 2 hours and 21 minutes and standby for 3 hours and 4 minutes. Yes... battery is terrible. And I noticed my phone is hotter compared to when I had iOS 6.

virginblue4
Jun 12, 2013, 08:59 AM
Just thought that I would say. my battery life in iOS 7 beta 1 is much better than it ever was in iOS 6!

However, I'll try not to get used to it, in case it all goes downhill in beta 2!

davydav
Jun 12, 2013, 11:15 AM
Do you guys think the faster battery drain could hurt the battery in the long run ? I only have my main iPhone which I use for development, but if the faster drain really hurts the battery then I guess I'll switch back to OS 6 and use the simulator.

bushido
Jun 12, 2013, 11:26 AM
4.5 hours at 37% def worse than before and its getting quite hot using apps that require an internet connection.

ZaYoOoD
Jun 12, 2013, 11:30 AM
It's so bad, it's weird!

On airplane mode, I got only 2 hours of usage!

rtfulk
Jun 12, 2013, 11:56 AM
I had the exact same problem with ios 7. What I did to fix it was go to settings/ general/ accessibility then turn on Reduce Motion. This turns off the 3D effect on the home screen. My battery is almost at what it was in ios 6.

SuperRob
Jun 12, 2013, 12:17 PM
My battery life problem was caused by an iCloud account that wasn't syncing. (I figured it out when I realized I was missing contacts from that account.) I deleted it, then re-added it, and my contacts popped up, my phone cooled off, and my battery life went back to normal. I seem to remember this stuck syncing being the cause of a battery drain issue on a previous iOS version as well.

840quadra
Jun 12, 2013, 12:24 PM
Honestly I can't take many of these Battery use claims too seriously.

This is especially true if the person testing didn't do detailed logs prior to the upgrade, and if their usage is any different now, as compared to before. We get posts like this every iOS upgrade, and it seems that people forget they are sitting in front of their phones (screen on) testing / playing more than they did the week before on their old copy of iOS.

I personally will only accept battery test results from entities that have multiple phones, and can / have done detailed comparisons either side by side, or by doing detailed logging.

I don't doubt the possibility of there being a bug, however the pattern is quite similar to previous iOS upgrade complaints.

JUiCEJamie
Jun 12, 2013, 12:29 PM

Looking at your post, 14% battery in 67 minutes. At that rate you'd be looking at JUST under 8 hours battery life. Which is think it pretty great for a beta.

14% / 100 = 7.14
7.14 x 67 minutes = just under 8 hours :)

rtfulk
Jun 12, 2013, 12:32 PM
I figured there would be some issues since it is a beta. I was surprised to see my battery go from 100% to 80% within an hour with it being into pocket most of the time.

Today I have been using my for 3 1/2 hrs. and I just hit 80%.

Orlandu
Jun 12, 2013, 12:34 PM
No I have another 4.

iPhone 4 battery life is much better than iPhone 5, in general. I can't say what it's like with both on iOS 7, but because of LTE, better CPU, etc. the battery life on the iPhone 5 is horrible in comparison to the 4. I used to get through a full day on my 4 without having to charge. I would barely make it to lunch on my iPhone 5 if it wasn't plugged in all the time. But so far, iOS 7 has been worse for battery life. I can literally watch the battery go down 1% every 30 seconds to a minute while streaming iTunes Radio with the screen on, nothing else going on.

cristian.rivera
Jun 13, 2013, 02:36 PM
After a day of using iOS 7 I feel my battery life has been better. Here is a screenshot of my current usage? This seems pretty decent right? I've only been on WiFi using safari, surfing around macrumors.

C DM
Jun 13, 2013, 02:43 PM
iPhone 4 battery life is much better than iPhone 5, in general. I can't say what it's like with both on iOS 7, but because of LTE, better CPU, etc. the battery life on the iPhone 5 is horrible in comparison to the 4. I used to get through a full day on my 4 without having to charge. I would barely make it to lunch on my iPhone 5 if it wasn't plugged in all the time. But so far, iOS 7 has been worse for battery life. I can literally watch the battery go down 1% every 30 seconds to a minute while streaming iTunes Radio with the screen on, nothing else going on.Observed pretty much the opposite in quite a few cases when comparing iPhone 4 to iPhone 5, as well as no significant difference one way or another in some cases.

People need to keep in mind that battery usage will differ for different people, in different areas, at different times, with different usage of the phone on daily basis. It can do even more so between iOS updates, especially when betas and large redesigns are involved, sometimes simply due to the fact that there are some settings or things running in the background that are stuck or need to be tweaked with the updates.

jpiphoneuser22
Jun 13, 2013, 03:45 PM
I see a lot of complaints about battery life and people saying that its an IOS 7 bug but my battery life has actually gotten better since I installed the beta on my Iphone 5. I wonder if this is unusual??

zbarvian
Jun 13, 2013, 04:05 PM
Yeah, battery on my iPhone 5 running the beta has been rather week, and I turned nearly everything off.

andybno1
Jun 13, 2013, 04:42 PM
I've found one solution that has slightly improved my battery, go to privacy --> Location Services --> system Service --> Frequent Locations --> turn off

this is a constant gps tracker to provide traffic info when traveling to frequent places I guess like work or going home. I only found out about this feature when reading here http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/12/today-feature-in-notification-center-provides-traffic-information-for-frequently-visited-locations/

might be placebo effect but I am seeing slightly improved battery

cristian.rivera
Jun 14, 2013, 06:39 AM
After reading around yesterday I figured out that the activation bug for iOS 7 was fixed when restoring so I downgraded to iOS 6 and then restored to iOS 7 so I would have a clean copy of it. Since then I had been on wifi mostly using safari and listening to iTunes radio with a small amount if LTE usage. Here are my stats for the end of the day. Does anyone know if these are close to what the recommended usage for an iPhone 5 is?

tarco0
Jun 14, 2013, 06:54 AM
that's not normal.
I'm getting over 8 hours usage and 1 day stand by...
I unplug my phone at 7 am and plug it back at 11 pm with around 20% left.
Delete Facebook, that helped me a lot.
Ill post a screen if the ui doesn't crash today.

campingsk8er
Jun 14, 2013, 06:55 AM

That really isn't all that terrible, especially considering you are running iOS 7. I find that my iPhone 5 which is currently on iOS 6.1.4, the battery is never a constant decline. As soon as I unplug it, it stays at 100% for quite a while, but then drops from 99% to 80% relatively fast. it then slows down for the rest of the day stalling around 20%, and then the rest is pretty consistent. While I wish we were at the point in time where we could get an all day battery life (12-24 hours), don't expect it with any smartphone. You have nothing to worry about.

Menel
Jun 14, 2013, 06:57 AM

Looks normal.

iPhone is rated at 10hrs usage, I get about that. 9-14 depending on how heavy of apps I use.

So that means 1hr usage down to 90% battery.

And you have 1hr7min down to 86%.
Seems spot on per spec, especially considering iOS beta has all the debuggin routines active, and brand new not fully optimized animation effects.

PedroDias
Jun 14, 2013, 07:12 AM
I guess that's kind of normal as we just installed it. I mean, I downloaded 15 gigs of app and installed them today. That must stress the processor significantly! I had 3:30 from 92-0% battery.

cristian.rivera
Jun 14, 2013, 07:24 AM
That screenshot is strictly iTunes radio and that usage isn't bad also. I'm going to see how today goes. Also how does removing Facebook effect that battery if I make sure it's closed in the multitasking view? I also checked apples battery stats and they claim you can browse using LTE for a full 8 hours which seems impossible.

Holty123
Jun 14, 2013, 07:30 AM
Really? you bought a new IP and then you installed BETA 1 ios? and you are asking about battery?

IT'S A BETA
:mad:

cristian.rivera
Jun 14, 2013, 07:33 AM
Really? you bought a new IP and then you installed BETA 1 ios? and you are asking about battery?

IT'S A BETA
:mad:

I know it's a beta and I needed to upgrade anyway. I've been using betas since iOS 5 I'm just wondering what everyone else's usage looks like and posting mine to provide other people with something to reference too.

andybno1
Jun 14, 2013, 01:42 PM
I have this config in location services and has massively improved my battery life compared to the last couple days

C DM
Jun 14, 2013, 08:10 PM
I have this config in location services and has massively improved my battery life compared to the last couple daysI pretty much have all system services turned off in location services since the days of iOS 6 if not even before--don't really see anything particularly useful from them, but do see GPS use from at least some of them at times when they are enabled.

Menneisyys2
Jun 15, 2013, 02:59 AM
My battery life problem was caused by an iCloud account that wasn't syncing. (I figured it out when I realized I was missing contacts from that account.) I deleted it, then re-added it, and my contacts popped up, my phone cooled off, and my battery life went back to normal. I seem to remember this stuck syncing being the cause of a battery drain issue on a previous iOS version as well.

Yup, this has been a long-time problem in iOS, for example, on the 6.1.3 3GS. There, iCloud runs all the time at 100% CPU usage after setting the phone up and you absolutely must remove and re-add the iCloud account. (More info: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1586046 )

tarco0
Jun 15, 2013, 07:34 AM
Yesterday's usage

Holty123
Jun 15, 2013, 10:03 AM
I know it's a beta and I needed to upgrade anyway. I've been using betas since iOS 5 I'm just wondering what everyone else's usage looks like and posting mine to provide other people with something to reference too.
Fair enough

jpiphoneuser22
Jun 15, 2013, 01:38 PM
Is anyone else getting something similar. I'm very impressed!

batting1000
Jun 15, 2013, 01:39 PM
Yesterday's usage

How??? :confused:

Dave Felix
Jun 15, 2013, 01:48 PM

Please correct me if Im wrong but I thought iOS 7 releases in the fall.. How do so many people have it? Its in beta I thought? Sorry I havent been reading up on Apple iOS.

charlituna
Jun 15, 2013, 01:54 PM
You have never used iOS 6 on the 5 but you KNOW it is iOS 7. Hmm okay.

Also if you had bothered to pay attention you would know that iOS 7 is only a developers preview release not a final, so bugs and issues are to be expected

Dave Felix
Jun 15, 2013, 01:55 PM
Is anyone else getting something similar. I'm very impressed!

Sometimes the battery information is inaccurate. I posted a screen shot of my IP5 running iOS 6 when I owned an iPhone. It doesn't make sense. Theres no way its at 99% with almost an hour usage and standby closing in on 10 hours. That would mean it would last like 34 days lol.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2illz44.jpg

Chalmo
Jun 15, 2013, 03:10 PM
I've got an iPhone 4S and have the same thing.

When I had the Facebook App open yesterday I literally lost 30% in 20 minutes. It dropped quicker than I could keep up. Plugged into a laptop to charge it was up and down 1% at a time.

It was never the best with iOS 6 but this is much worse.

Its a Beta so lets hope it improves :)

bbfc
Jun 15, 2013, 03:26 PM
My 4S has terrible battery life on iOS 7, but it's a beta so I didn't expect great battery life, especially with all the changes (background updating etc) and new animations (dynamic backgrounds etc).

I forgot about the battery drain and had to switch my phone off at work as my travel pass is stored on my phone and i couldn't risk it. I've since taken a charger to work. :)

jpiphoneuser22
Jun 15, 2013, 06:35 PM
Someone mentioned that the battery percentage might be wrong but it looks good to me.

kevink2
Jun 15, 2013, 09:49 PM
I notice battery life being much worse with the beta IOS 7 on my 5. I'm plugging it in at work to help make it through the day.

I've heard complaints with past upgrades where a backup/restore to the new OS can effect battery life. I don't know if that is a case here.

My 3 main issues are:
battery life.
One APP I run just crashes fast. I'm sure that it will be fixed at some point. It isn't critical (and I have an iPad :)
I'm having some Mail issues. Where the old mail app would have a Download remaining message for large messages, many times that doesn't appear in the beta. And, of course, having to swipe the opposite direction to delete a message.

Luuthian
Jun 16, 2013, 03:53 AM
If you have an iP5 running iOS6 and you have virtually every single background notification turned off, you can expect to lose about 10% an hour screen on time for regular use and web surfing (not including games which drain the battery much faster).

That's about 10 hours of battery life in optimal conditions. You can read that stat in several places (http://blog.gsmarena.com/apple-iphone-5-battery-test-is-done-proves-itself-as-a-thin-powerhouse/). It's fairly accurate compared to what I've had myself. Most people won't see this though because they run so much stuff in the background like e-mail, Facebook, weather, stocks, etc. I don't care for that. I just check those things manually when I feel like it.

Since going from iOS6 to iOS7 I've noticed a very small loss in that level of battery life. Thankfully I haven't come across the battery bug others have. I just turned off all background task tonight though so we'll see how it does tomorrow.

tl;dr:

On an iP5 with iOS7 you can expect some pretty damn good battery life... Assuming you don't come across any bugs and you don't have a lot of functions running in the background.

jpiphoneuser22
Jun 16, 2013, 09:19 AM
The only thing I've turned off is Bluetooth.

Luuthian
Jun 16, 2013, 02:16 PM
Having turned off all background functions my battery life improved significantly... Definitely pleased :).

So glad not to be experiencing the nightmare battery bugs some other people seem to be having.

zbarvian
Jun 16, 2013, 08:59 PM
My battery life feels better now, though I'm not quite sure why. This was after a heavy day of usage with web browsing, games, and lots of texting. Granted, I was on Wi-Fi all day, but that's only a little over an hour less than what I normally got on iOS 6.

Kohkane
Jun 17, 2013, 02:18 AM
This is what I got on the first day, a little bit of calling, music playing the majority of the time. Half lte, half wifi. I also did alot of web browsing and using apps.

aldoF
Jun 17, 2013, 11:13 AM
alright folks, I finally got my battery/overheating issues resolved. Let me start by telling you that I have access to 3 iP5's, personal (ATT), work (Verizon) and the mrs' (ATT)....I upgraded all 3 to iOS7 (the Mrs still curses me out every morning) but wanted to test it out, all 3 are daily phones and we have been able to deal with the beta issues with no major drawbacks....the only issue I encountered was that my personal ATT phone kept losing charge and overheating all day, yet this was not the case with my work phone (Verizon) or the Mrs' phone (ATT)....after trying all the tweaks with notifications and location servicess I did a quick run down of how I did the upgrades and realized that on the other two I had set the phones as new, while on mine I had restored from my IP6 backup, .....so decided to reinstall iOS7 last night and set it as a new phone, downloaded all my apps from scratch, reentered all my account settings and voila, no more overheating and battery life is back to normal, down to 81% in 4 hours of normal use, battery would have been dead and recharging by now.

cristian.rivera
Jun 19, 2013, 07:07 AM
I decided to go back to iOS 6 on my iPhone 5 because my battery on iOS 7 was terrible.

Geckotek
Jun 19, 2013, 07:44 AM
alright folks, I finally got my battery/overheating issues resolved. Let me start by telling you that I have access to 3 iP5's, personal (ATT), work (Verizon) and the mrs' (ATT)....I upgraded all 3 to iOS7 (the Mrs still curses me out every morning) but wanted to test it out, all 3 are daily phones and we have been able to deal with the beta issues with no major drawbacks....the only issue I encountered was that my personal ATT phone kept losing charge and overheating all day, yet this was not the case with my work phone (Verizon) or the Mrs' phone (ATT)....after trying all the tweaks with notifications and location servicess I did a quick run down of how I did the upgrades and realized that on the other two I had set the phones as new, while on mine I had restored from my IP6 backup, .....so decided to reinstall iOS7 last night and set it as a new phone, downloaded all my apps from scratch, reentered all my account settings and voila, no more overheating and battery life is back to normal, down to 81% in 4 hours of normal use, battery would have been dead and recharging by now.

EVERY. FREAKIN. UPDATE.

I don't know how many times this has been mentioned in this forum but people still restore their previous version backups on top of their brand new OS version. This has always caused issues and will continue to cause issues. Apple should disable this options and force everyone to setup as new when updating to a major version release.

grockk
Jun 19, 2013, 10:15 AM
EVERY. FREAKIN. UPDATE.

I don't know how many times this has been mentioned in this forum but people still restore their previous version backups on top of their brand new OS version. This has always caused issues and will continue to cause issues. Apple should disable this options and force everyone to setup as new when updating to a major version release.

I did an in place upgrade install and have had no battery issues after the first day. Seems there may be some database optimizations for bookmarks, contacts, notes, etc and noticed my entire email account is downloaded. But after that, battery has been on par with ios 6.

Geckotek
Jun 19, 2013, 11:10 AM
I did an in place upgrade install and have had no battery issues after the first day. Seems there may be some database optimizations for bookmarks, contacts, notes, etc and noticed my entire email account is downloaded. But after that, battery has been on par with ios 6.

That's good to hear, but every major update is always followed by reports from users that have upgraded and experience issues of some sort. This doesn't mean all of them experience issues, but enough do that I would never suggest to anyone that they do an in-place upgrade (really it's an install followed by a restore of data/apps from backup) to the next major version. In the IT world I work in (mostly MS Exchange) it's not even supported because of all the potential issues.

TonyC28
Jun 19, 2013, 11:56 AM
The only odd battery thing I've experienced was when I had 40% remaining when I went to work and it was dead by the time I left. I'm not allowed to use my phone at work so all I can do is check it in the break room a couple times. I did notice one time when I checked it that it felt a little warm which I thought was odd since I hadn't been using it at all. No big deal since it's a beta, just thought it was worth pointing out that that 40% wasn't enough for 8 hours of standby.

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 19, 2013, 12:03 PM
Edit: posted in wrong thread - don't own a 5 but still having battery issues.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 19, 2013, 02:35 PM

Why? Whats the big deal? I have a new iPhone 5 and installed iOS 7 on it and it is my only device. I installed iOS 6 beta on my last phone all the way through and just dealt with the bugs.

charlituna
Jun 19, 2013, 02:43 PM
The only odd battery thing I've experienced was when I had 40% remaining when I went to work and it was dead by the time I left.

Do you turn it off when you aren't on break.

Because if it is on then there are things running. It's scanning for wifi, Bluetooth, pushing email etc. those things don't stop because the screen is locked

atlatnesiti
Jun 19, 2013, 03:55 PM
I have discovered that the culprit on my iPhone 5 was LTE. Once I Have switched it off (3G only), all my battery overheating and drainage troubles went away...

TonyC28
Jun 19, 2013, 11:41 PM
Do you turn it off when you aren't on break.

Because if it is on then there are things running. It's scanning for wifi, Bluetooth, pushing email etc. those things don't stop because the screen is locked

No I just leave it locked. Today I had it off the charger since about 10am. Its 11:40pm now and I'm at 80%. Same exact situation at work. Didn't change any settings. Actually today I received a lot more texts and emails while I was at work. Maybe the battery level readings aren't that accurate. Not a big deal to me though.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 19, 2013, 11:51 PM
Edit : wrong thread

Krissypantz2828
Jun 20, 2013, 02:20 AM

Not really the greatest.

rmeadejr
Jun 20, 2013, 02:32 AM
i'm happy with my battery life...

naasrd
Jun 20, 2013, 02:46 AM
Once in a while you might get 4-6 hrs of battery. I always get 5-6 hrs and i think thats great and i always have my battery pack in my bag so I'm good to go.

I think this is the key, yes it can be a hassle to drag around, but for the piece of mind, if you treat yourself to a battery pack, (I use the Duracell one) and stick it in a jacket pocket, boy it makes a huge difference.

campingsk8er
Jun 20, 2013, 03:24 AM
Personally, while not greatly optimised at all, I don't think the iPhone 5 battery on iOS 7 beta 1 is all too terrible. One thing I have noticed is that battery life each day does not seem to be consistent. Some days it'll be a constant/ steady drain, while there has been some days where It "stalls" at a certain point and stays around that mark for quit a while, and then it will dramatically decrease within two seconds. I've also noticed that the time to recharge varies greatly each night.

Zmanbaseball2
Jun 20, 2013, 04:41 AM
I think this is the key, yes it can be a hassle to drag around, but for the piece of mind, if you treat yourself to a battery pack, (I use the Duracell one) and stick it in a jacket pocket, boy it makes a huge difference.

Im over loaded. I have a the Anker Astro E4 13000mah:) 6-7 charges on my iPhone 5

Krissypantz2828
Jun 20, 2013, 01:10 PM

It was 86% before going to bed and it's now 59 %.
Don't know if that is bad or good

Zmanbaseball2
Jun 20, 2013, 01:42 PM

It was 86% before going to bed and it's now 59 %.
Don't know if that is bad or good

Thats the best battery life i have seen.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 20, 2013, 01:55 PM
Thats the best battery life i have seen.

I guess there is worse out there .. Can't complain but there are some people that are having awesome batt life. Don't understand that concept

----------

Actually the time in the usage section isn't correct. It's a little off. So technically I burnt 11 % in about 42 minutes but the settings tell me about an hour! I'm not complaining because I'm aware it's a beta. Just weird for the settings to be off like that.

spooky2k
Jun 20, 2013, 01:56 PM
People are really not getting this whole BETA thing huh?

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 20, 2013, 02:06 PM
I guess there is worse out there .. Can't complain but there are some people that are having awesome batt life. Don't understand that concept

It is all relative. As good as your percentage may appear to be, the number in and of itself, is meaningless, in my opinion.

1. How did you install the beta?

2. What third party apps do you have installed?

3. Where you solely on cellar data, or where you using a mixture of that and Wifi or LTE?

4. In relation to number 3, if you were vacillating between three options, what kind of signal strength did you have and what apps if any were you using at the time?

5. Have you been multitasking? If so, how long?

6. Have you reset the settings at all? If so, what have you changed?

As you can see, there are a plethora of variables involved.

A good way to track battery consistency, is try and use the phone in the same manner over the course of several days or more and see what your median is, in my opinion.

----------

People are really not getting this whole BETA thing huh?

I think a lot of people "get it." Many enjoy trying to debug things from a layman perspective if they can, while trying out the new OS.

While there have been many people complaining over bugs from the beta, there are many more, who are happy having it installed and are trying to help one another out when a problem arises.

I don't see what the big deal is. If someone installs the beta knowing that there could be some serious repercussions, so be it.

What's going on here, is no different than people discussing ( insert favorite hobby or passion here).

Member x who installed the beta and is unhappy, has no bearing on what I install and whether or not I am happy with the beta or any OS. Why are you finding it so objectionable what people install or talk about with the beta?

Krissypantz2828
Jun 20, 2013, 02:15 PM
It is all relative. As good as your percentage may appear to be, the number in and of itself, is meaningless, in my opinion.

1. How did you install the beta?

2. What third party apps do you have installed?

3. Where you solely on cellar data, or where you using a mixture of that and Wifi or LTE?

4. In relation to number 3, if you were vacillating between three options, what kind of signal strength did you have and what apps if any were you using at the time?

5. Have you been multitasking? If so, how long?

6. Have you reset the settings at all? If so, what have you changed?

As you can see, there are a plethora of variables involved.

A good way to track battery consistency, is try and use the phone in the same manner over the course of several days or more and see what your median is, in my opinion

I installed it as a restore at first and than I backed up my data when I had previously installed the beta ( went back to iOS 6 for a day) I than installed iOS 7 clean, set up as a new iPhone.

App refresh is off, motion is on, frequent locations off, I'm on wifi, have not really done much with the phone from the time I woke up, made breakfast to the time I noticed 11% decline in 40 min!

I didn't reset the settings I will try that

Thanks for your input! I totally agree with what you said. Some of us aren't complaining but just comparing each others battery reports to come up with something