PDA

View Full Version : Best place to look for app developer?

Turnpike
Jun 12, 2013, 12:40 PM
Is there a go-to place to find dependable, US based developers for a game (simple card game) that I want to make available on iPads and iMacs as an app or whatever it's called that would work on an iMac too. Everytime I post an ad somewhere, I get flooded with automatic replies. I'm looking for a US based (NYC area would be the best) person who is capable of making (and maintaining should there be issues) a reliable app.

Also, does anyone have a ballpark idea what a basic app costs to make....? I'm not nessesarily looking to sell it, at this point there are a few people very important to me that would enjoy it, so that's all I'm concerned with at this moment.

Thanks for any tips! :)

Kryckter
Jun 12, 2013, 02:35 PM
Is there a go-to place to find dependable, US based developers for a game (simple card game) that I want to make available on iPads and iMacs as an app or whatever it's called that would work on an iMac too. Everytime I post an ad somewhere, I get flooded with automatic replies. I'm looking for a US based (NYC area would be the best) person who is capable of making (and maintaining should there be issues) a reliable app.

Also, does anyone have a ballpark idea what a basic app costs to make....? I'm not nessesarily looking to sell it, at this point there are a few people very important to me that would enjoy it, so that's all I'm concerned with at this moment.

Thanks for any tips! :)

Ive had good luck with Elance, both finding workers and posting for my development.

firewood
Jun 15, 2013, 01:44 PM
Find, goto and regularly attend any local mobile developer meetings, meetups, seminars, etc., you can find around your locale. Usually nothing beats talking face to face to find a consultant you can trust, or for referrals to one who might meet your needs.

Kryckter
Jun 16, 2013, 02:05 PM
Find, goto and regularly attend any local mobile developer meetings, meetups, seminars, etc., you can find around your locale. Usually nothing beats talking face to face to find a consultant you can trust, or for referrals to one who might meet your needs.

I wish I lived in a a bigger city and could do this. Im in a smaller town and there is not many technology jobs around here...