PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Parallax

NightFox
Jun 12, 2013, 01:02 PM
I'm scratching my head here, but I think in some instances Apple have got the parallax effect the wrong way round.

Take for example the Control Centre (the thing you swipe up from the bottom of the screen). When you tilt the phone up and away from you, the parallax effect should be that items in the background move 'down' relative to items in the foreground. This works fine on the homescreen with the icons in front of the background, but if you bring up Control Centre (CC) which sits in front of the icons and tilt the phone, the icons move the wrong way relative to the CC. I can't actually work out which moves to give the effect, the icons or the CC, but whichever it is the effect is wrong. As the background and the icons are behind CC, both should appear to move the same direction but with the closer object (the icons) moving less as they are closer. Instead they move in opposite directions.

Anyone agree?

darngooddesign
Jun 12, 2013, 01:08 PM
I won't know how I feel ntil I use it, but the thinking might be that both the icons and wallpaper are the background of Command Center so they move as one image. They might have found that due to the blurring you don't see much detail moving and only notice the icons moving in a direction which doesn't feel right.

NightFox
Jun 12, 2013, 01:10 PM
I won't know how I feel ntil I use it, but the thinking might be that both the icons and wallpaper are the background of Command Center so they move as one image.

Yes, but they move in opposite directions relative to CC!