PDA

View Full Version : iMessage not working in Messages

megalaser
Jun 12, 2013, 02:28 PM
Installed Mavericks and noticed that my iMessages are offline, I see there is no option to set up iMessages in the message app (a phone number - for text messages) - anyone found a solution? Thanks

Four oF NINE
Jun 12, 2013, 02:30 PM
I posted in another thread that iMessages is there for me, but is asking for a password which isn't registering for unknown reasons.. not sure what's going on with that.

shznit
Jun 12, 2013, 02:32 PM
same issue here, says "could not sign in, please check your network and try again"

I tried it with and w/o firewall.

megalaser
Jun 12, 2013, 02:34 PM
OK then so maybe I'm missing the fact that before the phone number field appears you need to register an iCloud account in there first, well it asked me for mine, I put in my correct login and password and I just get a spinning wheel.

shznit
Jun 12, 2013, 03:03 PM
Maybe I should have logged into iCloud before attempting iMessage, which still forwards SMS your phone receives. I skipped that step when 10.9 booted for the first time.

Either way, they can't expect us to follow a particular sequence of logging into stuff.

megalaser
Jun 12, 2013, 03:10 PM
signing into Apple ID's to set up iMessage do not appear to be working in Messages in Mavericks.

robertpolson
Jun 12, 2013, 04:27 PM
Found the solution.

1. Open iMessages

2. Go to Preferences - Accounts

3. Choose your apple ID email account and click enable this account

I am not sure if I had this menu before turning in iCloud off and on again but this worked for me. iMessage now works on Mavericks and iOS 7.

Baklava
Jun 14, 2013, 05:47 AM
I can't send and receive Messages via my mobile number. I'm logged in with my iCloud account but my mobile number is not listed under
Messages > Preferences > Accounts > iCloud Account > You can reached for messages at.
Any solutions so far?

Kuwait
Jun 14, 2013, 06:12 AM
for me don't working

Lance-AR
Jun 16, 2013, 04:32 PM
I think this is one of the things some users will have to wait until DP2 or later to fix and then it will just start working.

ValkyrieLenneth
Jun 16, 2013, 08:28 PM
My iMessage works fine. Try to be a little more patient at the spinning wheel after logging on the first time, guys.... It can take up to 5-10 mins.;)

Distearth
Jun 17, 2013, 08:44 AM
This also fixed the "Send to iPhone" missing from Maps. I got the beach ball and waited a min. then killed it and reopened. Logged in and all is well.

Found the solution.

1. Open iMessages

2. Go to Preferences - Accounts

3. Choose your apple ID email account and click enable this account

I am not sure if I had this menu before turning in iCloud off and on again but this worked for me. iMessage now works on Mavericks and iOS 7.

Tom359
Jun 19, 2013, 10:18 AM
I've tried to enable my iMessage account, but that option is grayed out and not available. I tried logging out of iCloud, and logging back in, but once I log out it won't log back it at all. Keeps saying to try again later. Now my mail, etc. won't work. Currently doing a restore from Time Machine.

gpsouza
Jun 30, 2013, 11:12 AM
same issue here, says "could not sign in, please check your network and try again"

I tried it with and w/o firewall.

I'm having this issue with DP2, did you solve your problem?

shznit
Jul 8, 2013, 12:09 PM
I'm having this issue with DP2, did you solve your problem?
DP2 did not solve it, but I didn't do a clean install.

gpsouza
Jul 8, 2013, 08:42 PM
DP2 did not solve it, but I didn't do a clean install.

I guess it was a problem with my number. I've changed my carrier and everything went normal again :)

shznit
Jul 10, 2013, 04:14 AM
I guess it was a problem with my number. I've changed my carrier and everything went normal again :)
that doesn't explain why it worked in 10.8

scalp86
Aug 10, 2013, 06:26 AM
It is still not working for me, even with the newest beta. Still get the error message mentioned above... Any recomendations how to reset messages or sth?!:confused:

asmedes
Aug 29, 2013, 10:35 AM
trying to sign in and it just spins and spins...

Bzinetti
Oct 17, 2013, 01:43 PM
Hey guys,

I just figured out how to fix this issue, and it may work for you too. Here's what I did:

Messages > Preferences > Accounts > your iCloud account tab

Click "Add Email" next to "You can be reached for messages at:"

Type in your phone number, hit Enter, and follow the instructions on the screen. It will involve configuring some settings on your phone.

Hope this helps!!

colinwil
Oct 21, 2013, 12:27 PM
Hey guys,

I just figured out how to fix this issue, and it may work for you too. Here's what I did:

Messages > Preferences > Accounts > your iCloud account tab

Click "Add Email" next to "You can be reached for messages at:"

Type in your phone number, hit Enter, and follow the instructions on the screen. It will involve configuring some settings on your phone.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks - that worked :)

castlema
Oct 24, 2013, 04:07 PM
I am having a similar problem. Yesterday, when I upgraded to Mavericks everything worked fine. Today Messages does not work. When I put in the person's name it appears in red and I am told that I am not signed in to my iMessage account but when I go in to the preferences it shows that I am signed in. I have tried signing out and signing back in, restarting the computer and resetting the NVRAM. Messages is working just fine from my iOS devices and from my iMac but not from my Mac Book Pro. The iMac and the Mac Book Pro are on the same network.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

benji888
Oct 25, 2013, 01:15 AM
try going to:

System Preferences>iCloud>

or System Preferences>Internet Accounts>iCloud