Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Angry Birds creator Rovio has a new game in the works, which is teased on a newly released website that features a bird dashing down a pathway. "Something NEW is coming!" reads the site, and in a blog post, Rovio says the game is unlike its standard Angry Birds titles.

angrybirdsgo.jpg
Those birds and piggies are getting ready for their most thrilling and action-packed game yet! All your favorite characters are returning for a brand new title that will bring you closer to Piggy Island than ever before. It's Angry Birds, but not as you know it!
Our sister site TouchArcade speculates that the game might be an Angry Birds themed runner or racing game, which makes sense given the teaser. Rovio didn't reveal when the game might be released, but did say that additional updates will be released over the summer.

Article Link: Rovio Teases Upcoming New Game 'Angry Birds Go!'

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
please stop with the Angry Birds. It had its moment in the spotlight. Now it needs to fade away. Now I'm just waiting for their next "new" release; Angry Ninjas or Angry Zombies :rolleyes:

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
please stop with the Angry Birds. It had its moment in the spotlight. Now it needs to fade away. Now I'm just waiting for their next "new" release; Angry Ninjas or Angry Zombies :rolleyes:

Angry Temple Bird Run: Zombie Ninja HD Edition

Last edited:

musser

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2004
sneak peek?

They've gotta do better than that to get my attention. Sure, I enjoy the AB games, mostly (except their misfire with horrible thing where you had to build a wagon or whatever it was)... but, I confess, I'm burning out on the concept.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Cause we need more "Angry Birds" and games for our iPhones and iPads. Let's see, game, game, games entertainment, game, oh, Pages, game, game, iMovie, and, another game.

I thought tablets were taking over in the post-PC era. Seems they're more for entertainment and consuming/buying more, while most corporations still use desktops for that thing called "work". Hmmm. :p

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 6.02.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 6.02.47 PM.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 221

jcsantana

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
this just means that instead of finally releasing the levels missing on pigs and space they will just make a new game and make us pay for it -.-

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I enjoyed the original Angry Birds game. But when I discovered that Rovio had "updated" it with in-game advertisements, I never launched it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.