Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
I've just installed iOS 7, and despite looking forward to it I really don't like it, but there's enough threads on here about that.

One major gripe I have with it is Safari, and I haven't come across anyone else mentioning this, so apologies i it's already been covered.

It renders a lot of web pages far too small a la android, and so you have to zoom most web pages to be able to read them. I didn't have this issue with any previous iOS. Do you think this is the way it will be on full release, or is this more to do with the host side of things not being iOS 7 friendly yet?

Also, if I use certain forums and want to post, edit or quote, when you click reply, quote etc it sends you back to the top of the page rather than the box you type in meaning you have to scroll back down to the type box. Also, when you're typing the screen doesn't track the cursor so you can't see what you're typing. I assume these are more likely to be beta glitches though and will be ironed out in the full release?

With regards to videos it now just shows thumbnails with no titles, so unless you recognise the thumbnail you don't know what the video is without clicking on it. Is this an oversight that is likely to be rectified in the full release?

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
On further using safari, it seems the problem (at least some sites) is that it does not fill the width of the screen so everything seems smaller. This seems to be on full websites rather than mobile optimised ones. Again, I didn't have an issue with these sites on iOS 6. I'm now hopeful this is just a beta glitch?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.