PDA

View Full Version : Will it solve the "Other" problem?

Talarspeed
Jun 12, 2013, 03:53 PM
Will iOS7 solve the unaddressed problem of the ever expanding "Other" category? Many solutions, but not all work.

tymaster50
Jun 12, 2013, 03:53 PM
No. There's your answer.

msz7
Jun 12, 2013, 03:54 PM
Will iOS7 solve the unaddressed problem of the ever expanding "Other" category? Many solutions, but not all work.

If you're referring to the storage used up on your iPhone that iTunes displays, yes, the "Other" category has been split up. Now you'll see most of your "Other" is actually "Documents and Data" (something like that) and "Other" is much smaller

street.cory
Jun 12, 2013, 04:11 PM
I rarely delete my messages. I had gone over a year without deleting any messages. All of the attachments I had received are what attributed to the size of the "Other" category.

Talarspeed
Oct 21, 2013, 06:47 AM
Is anyone still getting the ever expanding "Other" category in i-Devices with iOS7?

opinio
Oct 21, 2013, 06:50 AM
Is anyone still getting the ever expanding "Other" category in i-Devices with iOS7?

I was going to say 'does it matter' rhetorically but instead I will ask 'why does it matter'? Just wondering.

kas23
Oct 21, 2013, 10:20 AM
I was going to say 'does it matter' rhetorically but instead I will ask 'why does it matter'? Just wondering.

Not me, but I personally know people who have 3-4 GB of Other/Documents & Data on their 16 GB iPhone. To me, that's a big problem.

bransoj
Oct 21, 2013, 10:41 AM
Not me, but I personally know people who have 3-4 GB of Other/Documents & Data on their 16 GB iPhone. To me, that's a big problem.

Depends whether they genuinely have that much in there or not though.

Missjenna
Oct 21, 2013, 11:02 AM
Try this.

The other day my other category had jumped up to 2.5gb on my 8gb iphone 4. I did a hard reboot (Power + home), and it was back down to about 600mb.

Worth a try?