PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of AirDrop in Command Center

darngooddesign
Jun 12, 2013, 05:48 PM
I know why it would be in the share panel, but what can you do with AirDrop in the command center? Does it then ask you to choose something to share?

chrf097
Jun 12, 2013, 06:03 PM
I know why it would be in the share panel, but what can you do with AirDrop in the command center? Does it then ask you to choose something to share?

It allows you to enable AirDrop and choose who can send you files. It's basically just another quick toggle.

sigjuice
Jun 12, 2013, 07:03 PM
It works in a similar fashion between Macs. Clicking on AirDrop in the Finder sidebar would be the equivalent of tapping the AirDrop icon in Command Center. It would allow other devices to see your device and send you stuff.

darngooddesign
Jun 12, 2013, 07:04 PM
It works in a similar fashion between Macs. Clicking on AirDrop in the Finder sidebar would be the equivalent of tapping the AirDrop icon in Command Center. It would allow other devices to see your device and send you stuff.

So its just a toggle?

sigjuice
Jun 12, 2013, 07:14 PM
So its just a toggle?

I'm afraid I don't know enough to comment on that. What I posted above was an educated guess on my part. I have only played around with AirDrop on OS X.