PDA

View Full Version : What do you want in Beta 2?

Nikomanz
Jun 12, 2013, 06:50 PM
Okay guys, I know its been barely four days since we've gotten our hands with Beta 1. But, I'm sure many of us, including myself, have gotten the opportunity to extensively test (and play) with the new iOS 7 Beta 1.

That being said, what do you want apple to keep / change / fix / update / add / remove or otherwise alter in Beta 2?

eaglesteve
Jun 12, 2013, 07:03 PM
I like to see TouchPal, or Swype keyboard being incorporated as system wide option.

Jare
Jun 12, 2013, 07:07 PM
In beta 2, I'd like to see zero beta 3 threads started until beta 3 is launched.

In beta 1, I'd like to see zero beta 2 threads started until beta 2 is launched.

mavis
Jun 12, 2013, 07:11 PM
I'd like to see them restore some calendar functionality (event dots on days in month view, list of upcoming events in month view, etc). I'd also like the ability to choose black/white text on the homescreen for status bar area and icon names because it doesn't always choose the best option for some wallpaper. I hope they restore the Facebook/Twitter quick post functionality in Notification Center. I would also like to see basic playback controls for media below the app switcher (although I suppose I will get used to the Control Center method after a while) ... Obviously the icons need work, but I'm sure they're aware of that. Also, automatic Photo Stream uploading is broken but I'm sure that's just a Beta 1 bug.

Overall I'm very pleased with iOS 7, even after using iDevices daily since iPhone OS 1.1.1 .. :)

angemon89
Jun 12, 2013, 07:11 PM
Battery is my main concern. It's 5pm and I'm at 30%. Usually I would be at ~50%

Kevsta26
Jun 12, 2013, 07:12 PM
I'd like to see the new Siri voices and battery improvements

BFG86
Jun 12, 2013, 07:40 PM
The obviously need to work on the white font clashing with white backgrounds and the lock screen with the clock and music controls over album art.

Displaying lyrics is bugging. Need to tap twice to show up and all the line spacing is removed.

The music app needs tweaking. Besides the song view all the others narrow down to the album. Artists should be able to play all songs by an artists and genre should be able to play all songs as a filter. Right now those 2 are only acting as filters to find an album.

212rikanmofo
Jun 12, 2013, 08:27 PM
Want to see a quick reply feature and for them to add the tap to tweet and Facebook buttons back into the notification center. Refinements to the UI to polish things up, especially control center and the lock screen. Would like to see a black theme for those with black iPhones. New Siri voices. Fix the stock icons.

msahadi
Jun 12, 2013, 08:27 PM
Forget this post.

Nikomanz
Jun 12, 2013, 09:19 PM
Want to see a quick reply feature and for them to add the tap to tweet and Facebook buttons back into the notification center. Refinements to the UI to polish things up, especially control center and the lock screen. Would like to see a black theme for those with black iPhones. New Siri voices. Fix the stock icons.

I was thinking the same thing, first thing I noticed was the tap to tweet and post were removed! I used those buttons a lot from the NC.

I think it needs more update, still seems to be lagging on my iTouch, and I encountered problems when updating apps.

CarlosQG
Jun 12, 2013, 10:39 PM
Control Centre:

A Mobile Date toggle.
Change the quick acces to timer to phone app or a favourite contact.

UI:

Add colour to the white icons (Safari, Photos, Calendar).
A little less blurred dock or the Mavericks dock would be nice.
Quicker transitions

System:

Quick reply (and quick reply APIs for WhatsApp and other IM apps tough that might come on 7.1 or 8)
A Close All button on the multitasking window.
A little shadow behind the icons.

What I want even though I know it won't come perhaps never...:

Upload files on Safari
Something similar to f.lux

I think I'm not asking for impossibles, just a few little tweaks here and there.

Reddkryten
Jun 13, 2013, 04:01 AM
Tagging - I was so excited to see this introduced in the new Mac OS! It just makes sense to bring it to iOS. For years people have been complaining about the lack of a file system, here is the perfect way to replace it. I'm honestly surprised that it wasn't included.

Lyrics on iPad - there is no good reason why this was removed, put them back.

Colour changes - this is a small thing, but it bugs me. I don't like the colour white, no reason, I'm just not a fan. I don't own any white furniture, I only own one white shirt. I don't mind the new clean look, but hate the colour. They mentioned that your choice of wallpaper would change things system wide, could a blue wallpaper give white apps a tint. I'm not asking for major customisation, just anything but glaring white.

A few years ago when I first got my iPad 1, I made a list of everything I wanted. I've been slowly crossing off items from that list, now the only items left are tagging, smart albums in iPhoto an app to create epubs (which is probably on the App Store by now).

iBreatheApple
Jun 13, 2013, 04:58 AM
I want the new Siri voice packs. :D

I'd also like more dynamic wallpapers. Not that they're needed before the GM but I still want them. I'm also hoping for new tones; I loaded the BB 10 sound pack along with iOS 7 and they're so elegant, professional, and just all around better than the ones on iOS. Apple's seem tacky in comparison.

212rikanmofo
Jun 13, 2013, 05:00 AM
I want the new Siri voice packs. :D

I'd also like more dynamic wallpapers. Not that they're needed before the GM but I still want them. I'm also hoping for new tones; I loaded the BB 10 sound pack along with iOS 7 and they're so elegant, professional, and just all around better than the ones on iOS. Apple's seem tacky in comparison.

Where may I get this BB sound pack? I'd like to try it out please.

LydonZA
Jun 13, 2013, 05:09 AM
The ability to close all open apps through a long-press and pop-up menu in the multitasking window.

A button to toggle cellular data in Control Centre. I always switch wifi on and cellular data off and vice versa in order to conserve battery, thus being able to toggle wifi from Control Centre is currently only half useful to me.

A dynamically-updated weather icon, much like the clock icon.

More dynamic wallpapers.

iBreatheApple
Jun 13, 2013, 05:17 AM
Where may I get this BB sound pack? I'd like to try it out please.

I converted them to M4R from the original poster to make it easier. Here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=17398787&postcount=6)

And apparently I included a couple of tones from my own library... sorry. Haha.

inselstudent
Jun 13, 2013, 05:19 AM
Some speed would be very nice.

AdamA9
Jun 13, 2013, 05:19 AM
One thing. When I hit space after an auto-correct, for there to be a bloody space. Why it currently just tags on the next word without a space I don't know. Such a glaringly obvious bug.

[this may only be within applications outside of iOS7]

212rikanmofo
Jun 13, 2013, 05:22 AM
I converted them to M4R from the original poster to make it easier. Here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=17398787&postcount=6)

Thank you so much for these! :)

iBreatheApple
Jun 13, 2013, 05:25 AM
Thank you so much for these! :)

You're welcome. :) :apple:

PlatinuM195
Jun 13, 2013, 05:30 AM

They could actually use the exact same UI that they use for tweeting/FB posting for quick reply.

Imagine you get an iMessage, click the notification banner somehow, then this comes up to reply:
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1657809/SEFODXe_medium.png

j4zb4
Jun 13, 2013, 05:33 AM
Ability to control the control centre... :p

Risco
Jun 13, 2013, 06:27 AM
Option to disable photo stream in moments.

TC25
Jun 13, 2013, 07:04 AM
In beta 2, I'd like to see zero beta 3 threads started until beta 3 is launched.

In beta 1, I'd like to see zero beta 2 threads started until beta 2 is launched.

Not going to happen as long as there are people who gain self worth by starting such threads.

Bonestle
Jun 13, 2013, 07:46 AM
+1 for the share buttons on notification centre. That's the main way I tweet these days (@shauntheboer).

I definitely think we should be able to set our own desired toggles on Control Centre.

A few more dynamic wallpapers? But no more bubbles please :D

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do to some of their other apps like iMovie, Cards, iWork etc although I don't we'll see those until the public release.

hclmed
Jun 13, 2013, 09:18 AM
I'd like to see them restore some calendar functionality (event dots on days in month view, list of upcoming events in month view, etc). I'd also like the ability to choose black/white text on the homescreen for status bar area and icon names because it doesn't always choose the best option for some wallpaper. I hope they restore the Facebook/Twitter quick post functionality in Notification Center. I would also like to see basic playback controls for media below the app switcher (although I suppose I will get used to the Control Center method after a while) ... Obviously the icons need work, but I'm sure they're aware of that. Also, automatic Photo Stream uploading is broken but I'm sure that's just a Beta 1 bug.

Overall I'm very pleased with iOS 7, even after using iDevices daily since iPhone OS 1.1.1 .. :)

The restoration of a meaningful month view on the calendar is really needed. I don't know what they were thinking by taking that, among other view options out. The calendar, (the original raison d'etre for the hand held), is obscenely stripped down. It's as if the UI designers suffered a collective nervous breakdown after the loss of Steve, and reduced the whole UI to a skeleton of it's former self. It's ok if they want to make a fresh start from scratch. Just start adding some flesh soon.

iBreatheApple
Jun 13, 2013, 09:24 AM
Forget this post.

Apple could take a hint from it's software bugs! I like the look of the dock like that (less blur)!

BFG86
Jun 13, 2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah it's crazy that you can't look at the month view and see when events are coming up.

batting1000
Jun 13, 2013, 09:34 AM
Battery fixes. I can live with the bugs for now.

GenesisST
Jun 13, 2013, 12:00 PM

I was actually tempted to start one, just to annoy... :D

gloss
Jun 13, 2013, 12:02 PM
I'd like it if the folder icons were a bit more translucent on the home page. Once you select the folder and it zooms in, it's fine, but in the main view they're opaque and strange-looking.

Reelknead1
Jun 13, 2013, 01:32 PM
Move the .com button away from the space bar in safari. I can't type anything without hitting .com

BvizioN
Jun 13, 2013, 01:44 PM

Thanks. I would upload these after work if they are still there! Can't do it on my work PC :)

Cgdoc519
Jun 13, 2013, 02:21 PM
Battery life improvements, new Siri voices and some way to visually see days that have appointments in the calendar on the month view.

blitzer09x87
Jun 13, 2013, 02:31 PM
Battery drainage FIX! my iphone used to complete a day on full charge now it's doing no mre than 5 hours.:(.i'd also like to see better icons coz those icons look too simple and ugly. other than that iOS7 is awesome.

Esquire
Jun 13, 2013, 02:46 PM
Move the .com button away from the space bar in safari. I can't type anything without hitting .com

I couldn't agree more. The new integrated search / url bar makes it so that it pulls up the old URL keyboard. I hit .com all the time!

pedrofan
Jun 13, 2013, 03:12 PM
Double click home button ---> control center
Swipe from botom ---> App switcher (just like zephyr)

I hate double clicking home button to enable app switcher. The button makes noise and gets up my girlfriend at night, and the button brokes over time when you clicks it a lot.

Zephyr style is A LOT MORE USEFUL

----------

i couldn't agree more. The new integrated search / url bar makes it so that it pulls up the old url keyboard. I hit .com all the time!

+1

Silvereel
Jun 13, 2013, 03:32 PM
I just want decent battery life. And a new Game Center icon.

Nikos
Jun 13, 2013, 03:36 PM
A silky smooth experience and exceptional battery life.

Too much to ask for? :p

Omarsoso
Jun 13, 2013, 03:45 PM
i want to control my contol center
witch toggles i need
witch quick apps i need
timer for do not disturb

hclmed
Jun 13, 2013, 04:21 PM
Yeah it's crazy that you can't look at the month view and see when events are coming up.

Yes, it's they really went OCD with this squares and circles minimalist rot, and became preoccupied with how geometrically uniform it is, (for an esoteric circle of Bauhaus enthusiasts), while losing sight of its actual use.

I'm hoping this is just a straw man, and they'll decide to stop obscuring half of the interface, and make this a productive device again. I've had every model since the 3S, and all of the OS releases were improvements until this one. There are just a few functional enhancements, but they don't nearly compensate for how much was stripped out, or made imperceptible, due to the stigmatization of skeuomorphism that was in fact fairly isolated.

Simulated depth in a GUI is actually a very good practice. It gives the eyes and memory many more unique cues to latch onto. This interface now looks like the threadbare mockups we produce before a logic flow is confirmed. We were warned this was going to be flat, but hopefully this is just the wire frame place holder for a later, more dynamic, non-flat, design.

OSxiPro
Jun 13, 2013, 04:47 PM
iOS wish list (not just for beta 2)

Individual app automatic updates.
3rd party notification Center widgets.
Wish list in iTunes.
Shuffle genre.
Calendar needs dots on event days.
Auto upload photos to Flickr.
Tap to tweet back in NC.
Faster animations.
Pin to access settings.
Changeable control centre
Swap calendar times for events in NC

bboucher790
Jun 13, 2013, 06:09 PM
I want it all. I want it all. I want it all.

And I want it now.

- Freddie Mercury

PNutts
Jun 13, 2013, 08:37 PM
I want it all. I want it all. I want it all.

And I want it now.

- Freddie Mercury

Poser.

- Veruca Salt :p

RIP Freddie - Miss ya.

zhandri
Jun 14, 2013, 06:12 AM

never gonna happen

philfry
Jun 14, 2013, 07:10 AM
For those upset about the changes in the calendar in iOS 7 you can see upcoming appointments still. Just click the search icon in the upper right of the app.

PedroDias
Jun 14, 2013, 07:15 AM
The ability to choose what goes on the control center and making the bars a little more translucent would be nice! Other than that bug and battery fixes!

nanogirl21
Jun 14, 2013, 08:00 AM
quick reply for text messaging

a way to disable home screen search

more dynamic backgrounds

able to switch between "old" theme and this "new" theme

old calendar

bolder font

battery drain font

caller id photo not to be blurred out during the call

able to unlock the phone by swiping left OR right

old multi-tasking screen back with the little red X in the corner to close apps - I absolutely hate this whole preview thing

Able to remove the "today" screen from the notification center (there is a toggle now, but I want to get rid of the tab completely).

dontpannic
Jun 14, 2013, 08:08 AM
I would say:

Dynamic wallpaper SDK
Performance improvements
Voice Memos app
Tap to Tweet / Tap to Post / Quick Compose (as on Mavericks).

----------

a way to disable home screen search

Won't happen

able to switch between "old" theme and this "new" theme

Won't happen

old calendar

Really won't happen

bolder font

Unlikely to happen

old multi-tasking screen back with the little red X in the corner to close apps - I absolutely hate this whole preview thing

Definitely won't happen

Able to remove the "today" screen from the notification center (there is a toggle now, but I want to get rid of the tab completely).

Won't happen

Tar Sniffer
Jun 14, 2013, 08:50 AM
Since I don't have a developer preview I can only make judgement based on images and youtube clips. I would like to see:

- New, less obnoxious icons (the obvious)
- A darker translucent background in Control Centre thats closer in style to Notification Centre and Siri. The thin text is hard to see at a glance due to the distracting icons.
- Preferably a dock that's similar to iOS 6, but since that probably goes against the already overly flat character of iOS 7, I would suggest no dock at all. The current one is nothing but a visual obstruction.
- More lines that separate text. Several paragraphs of white text on screen looks overwhelming and unstructured.
- Less small text in the current font. It's hard on the eyes.

Bathplug
Jun 14, 2013, 09:43 AM
bolder font

You can make it slightly bolder in the accessibility settings. Someone posted a screenshot on here.

randomdude
Jun 14, 2013, 10:08 AM
Better Icons.

Retina13
Jun 14, 2013, 10:15 AM
When Beta 1 expires and Beta 2 comes out how do you update it? Will it be an on the phone update under "Software Update" or is it the same process as getting Beta 1 on?

batting1000
Jun 14, 2013, 10:16 AM
When Beta 1 expires and Beta 2 comes out how do you update it? Will it be an on the phone update under "Software Update" or is it the same process as getting Beta 1 on?

Beta 2 will be out before beta 1 expires. It will be available in the dev center as an ipsw and through Software Update in Settings.

Retina13
Jun 14, 2013, 10:18 AM
Beta 2 will be out before beta 1 expires. It will be available in the dev center as an ipsw and through Software Update in Settings.

I'm not a developer or anything, I got the link from a site and Updated free through iTunes. Its working perfect as a daily so far. So when Beta 2 comes out I can Software Update Beta 2 right from my phone?

hoosier205
Jun 14, 2013, 10:25 AM
I'm not a developer or anything, I got the link from a site and Updated free through iTunes. Its working perfect as a daily so far. So when Beta 2 comes out I can Software Update Beta 2 right from my phone?

Then you should revert back to iOS 6.

Retina13
Jun 14, 2013, 10:27 AM

No its fine, I'll keep what I want

hoosier205
Jun 14, 2013, 10:30 AM
No its fine, I'll keep what I want

Then I hope if fails miserably since you have absolutely no idea what you are doing and should not be using a developer beta. Good luck!

Retina13
Jun 14, 2013, 10:33 AM
Then I hope if fails miserably since you have absolutely no idea what you are doing and should not be using a developer beta. Good luck!

Obviously I have some idea of what I'm doing if I got it working perfect on my phone? I asked the simple question of how to update to Beta 2 when it comes out. Is it the same process as Beta 1 or is it an on the phone update? And you can tell me whatever you want but myself, along with many other people use Beta 1 as a daily so I don't need a fraud to tell me what to do.

batting1000
Jun 14, 2013, 10:49 AM
So when Beta 2 comes out I can Software Update Beta 2 right from my phone?

Yes.

----------

Get off your high horse and let him do what he wants.

Retina13
Jun 14, 2013, 10:49 AM
Yes.

----------

Get off your high horse and let him do what he wants.

hahahah your the man

ben824
Jun 14, 2013, 11:10 AM
I want iOS 7 Beta 2 to look like iOS 6 with the new iOS 7 feature updates. I like the look of my iPhone the way it is. This new look is awful. I know it won't happen but after I spent 4 days with iOS 7 on my daily I could not stand the new look and drastic changes. Nothing felt familiar and the new look is soo bad it was difficult to differentiate things since everything ran together. The duration of the animations took forever and made the phone feel slow, though this could change so I am not picking on that too much. When scrolling through iMessage conversations that chat bubbles bounce around in a very child-like cartoon manner that was irritating. Calendar is nothing like it was before and was more difficult to use. Safari is not improved at all, switching between open pages is not easier than before. There is no more search bar, which we were all thinking "yah thats awsome I love it that way on my Mac," NOPE! Bad implementation as the button for ".com" is right next to the "space" button and the space button is so small you end up hitting the .com button everytime instead and then have to go back and correct it. Taking pictures is so fast now it is almost frustrating. The screen just makes a quick flash instead of the shutter animation. The shutter animation helped signify that a picture was taken along with the shutter sound but this simple flash of the screen and no sound, is so fast that if you blink at the exact second you will probably miss it which leaves you just taking another picture. This may not be a big deal to some but I thought it was irritating. Deleting a single chat bubble in a message conversation is now more complicated. You have to hold your finger on the bubble, wait for the pop up to show up and give you options, tap "more", tap edit, check mark the bubble, and then hit a trash can icon at the bottom of the screen. There is also no more sliders! No slider to open from the lock screen. No slider to answer a call but rather a plain green rectangle that says "slide" and simply changes color as you slide your finger across it. I liked the realism of buttons!!!

Sorry for ranting but iOS 7 is just terrible and yes I know it is an unfinished Beta but this is not about bugs or unfinished features. I know there are rumors that things like icons will change but that is not enough.

I will be holding to iOS 6 and recommending to everyone I know that they should not upgrade as I don't see this getting any better. This new OS just isn't iPhone and Steve would not have approved iOS 7.

TexasChemE
Jun 14, 2013, 11:13 AM
iPad support!

hoosier205
Jun 14, 2013, 11:15 AM
Steve would not have approved iOS 7.

Proof?

dannytip
Jun 14, 2013, 11:18 AM
Lots of bugfixes.

ben824
Jun 14, 2013, 04:11 PM
Proof?

He oversaw all versions of iOS until iOS 6. 5 versions all revised and updated versions of the last, incorporating more detail along with more features. Steve never followed trends which is what iOS 7 is doing. He did what he wanted and what he believed in and it worked! He maintained iOS NOT looking like Android for all those years, why on earth would he drastically change what he had worked so hard to refine for all those years just to follow a trend? Just watch his interviews over the years and look at his presentations of each version of iOS.

springsup
Jun 14, 2013, 04:13 PM
A UI redesign! :p

nanogirl21
Jun 16, 2013, 11:48 AM
You can make it slightly bolder in the accessibility settings. Someone posted a screenshot on here.

do you have more details on this? I cannot find it. Thanks.

james1758
Jun 16, 2013, 11:50 AM
I like to see TouchPal, or Swype keyboard being incorporated as system wide option.

THIS! Swype keyboard! But also I'd say 5icon doc would be nice;)

yeah
Jun 16, 2013, 12:16 PM
Beta 3 :eek::eek:

The Phazer
Jun 16, 2013, 12:32 PM
Realistically?

Include the stuff that was announced and is missing.
Put podcast playing in the music app as it's missing.
Put back the dots back in the calendar app.
Tweak some of the icons. Do something about the white text on a white background issue.
Replace the rather useless control centre timer button with one for voice memos instead (which would require a voice memo app that you could export from obvs).

Ideally?

Get rid of the Apple Maps default for Google Maps, or at least have a toggle to pick.
Have the iTunes app do automatic, on app podcast updating in the background.
Have a cue up next song function in the music app (I'm sort of amazed this wasn't included as is...).

Stein357
Jun 16, 2013, 01:51 PM
My main wishes

- Calendar dots
- Calendar appointments showing up in the NC or All tab.

yachiru
Jun 16, 2013, 02:14 PM
get rid of these stupid signal orbs...

Appel
Jun 16, 2013, 04:26 PM
They really need to redesign the volume up/down icon before ios7 is out. It should not be placed IN FRONT of the content. Its not "clean and uninstrusive". Also tabs and "multitask" could use more work. And more gesture options.

Also access to settings app from control center and option to turn off flashlight in control center. I can se a lot of flashlights going off in the wrong places.

Armen
Jun 16, 2013, 04:59 PM
What I'd like to see in Beta 2:

- The ability to put icons anywhere on the springboard just like the "Gridlock" jailbreak tweak.

- Change the folder layout back to 4X4 grid instead of this 3X3 grid which is inconsistant with the springboard layout.

- Let users customize the control center bottom row quicklaunch slots. Flashlight and Camera I understand but I dont find myself reaching for a calculator that often to need it there or the clock.

Kohkane
Jun 16, 2013, 05:01 PM
Question: How long do the betas usually take to come out?

Also, I would like to see quick reply, but I know that won't happen. :o

ajvizzgamer101
Jun 16, 2013, 05:06 PM
Okay guys, I know its been barely four days since we've gotten our hands with Beta 1. But, I'm sure many of us, including myself, have gotten the opportunity to extensively test (and play) with the new iOS 7 Beta 1.

That being said, what do you want apple to keep / change / fix / update / add / remove or otherwise alter in Beta 2?

Bug fixes.

Some times the the time on the lock screen overlays other information (and vice versa). When I use the rotation lock, sometimes it crashes. Some UI tweaks. Primarily on the Safari, Newsstand, and Reminders. Add some borders around text that are buttons. Make folders more transparent (like in the video)

zbarvian
Jun 16, 2013, 05:06 PM
Question: How long do the betas usually take to come out?

Also, I would like to see quick reply, but I know that won't happen. :o

Usually two weeks, give or take. And why not? Seems more than possible, it's already in Mavericks.

bgro
Jun 16, 2013, 07:59 PM
move the .com button away from the space bar in safari. I can't type anything without hitting .com

+1

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 16, 2013, 08:12 PM
I would like to be able to block ads in Safari.

Wikwoo
Jun 16, 2013, 08:16 PM
Speed improvements, general bug fixes, (like control center and notification center getting stuck halfway down :p ) and changes made to how the iPhone 4 handles iOS 7. I know its old but they can do better than replacing almost all transparency with grey :p

TFMTASAD
Jun 16, 2013, 08:24 PM
Overall speed improvement, especially in the music app which is terribly slow right now.

Kohkane
Jun 16, 2013, 08:36 PM
Usually two weeks, give or take. And why not? Seems more than possible, it's already in Mavericks.
I just feel like it one of those features we've been wanting for some time, but apple won't implement it till iOS9 :o

zbarvian
Jun 16, 2013, 08:41 PM
I just feel like it one of those features we've been wanting for some time, but apple won't implement it till iOS9 :o

Eh, I hope not. If anything, I suspect it'll be by 7.2 (if there is one). iOS 8 at the latest

i0Nic
Jun 16, 2013, 09:07 PM
- Faster transitions and animations, it almost feels slow motion currently and makes the OS feel slow. This is one I'm really hoping is intentional for the beta and will be fixed in later builds.
- Fully realised designs for Notes and Reminders, they look like a work in progress.
- All the obvious bug fixes, mostly where text overlaps in various screens.
- Dots to signify events in monthly calendar view.
- More data in the today view in Notification center - how about news/sports info?
- Swipeable notifications, get rid of the close button.
- Aggregate similar notifications, show me a summary if I've received 10 emails in the last 20 minutes (Similiar to Android)
- Actionable notifications for messages like in Mavericks, opening this up to third parties in iOS 8
- Third party support for Siri

edit, also:
- In folders, when you rearrange apps for them to flow as a single page. Currently if you delete an app on the first page and have more apps on the second page, they wont reflow back into the first page to fill the empty spot.

Kohkane
Jun 17, 2013, 11:47 AM
Being able to swipe away notification from the LS and NC.

keith67
Jun 17, 2013, 11:51 AM
Actually, there are so many techniques in which you can make cash on the net however , if considering talk about difficult.
I have an effective way to realize excellent amount of money on-line. Simply just stop wasting time for this idea. 1$ per click.
http://www.fastmoneyearning.com/

ritmomundo
Jun 17, 2013, 12:40 PM
I would like to be able to block ads in Safari.

And Youtube ads.

Want300
Jun 17, 2013, 01:52 PM
The obviously need to work on the white font clashing with white backgrounds and the lock screen with the clock and music controls over album art

I had would like to see this change the ability to customize the lock screen clock (even if it is severely limited options). I have used the same background for a while now, but with iOS 7, I cannot read the clock while using it.

I hate that button...

Double click home button ---> control center
Swipe from botom ---> App switcher (just like zephyr)

It would be nice if you could choose one way or the other for this.

quick reply for text messaging

This could be very useful.

A "Close all" button in App Switcher would be great

Cellular toggle in the Control center (3G/4G and LTE toggles would be nice, but that won't happen)

Custom options for "quick access" in control center

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 17, 2013, 01:58 PM
And Youtube ads.

I don't really see it happening via Apple directly. Hopefully, of the fine developers here can create an app, that somehow works with the Safari browser, allowing people to turn on and off adblock as they see fit.

I have been seeing more and more website ads, not to mention more pop ups. This site is one that I was getting a pop up from, when I was running iOS 6.

bad03xtreme
Jun 17, 2013, 02:33 PM
Why can't we see unread email in the notifications pull down? I think this would be a useful thing being able to check for unread emails directly form the lock screen.

frayne182
Jun 17, 2013, 02:39 PM
Just more fluid during transitions. and maybe less overlaps on the lock screen.

bobbba
Jun 17, 2013, 02:50 PM
Just what you'd expect really:

1. Better battery life/reliability
2. Quicker responses
3. All skeuomorphism gone
4. Bluetooth audio more reliable

Maybe a few extra's

1. Video upload ala photo stream
2. iTunes media streaming (not just purchase download)

----------

And maybe a left swipe to acknowledge notifications perhaps?

big samm
Jun 17, 2013, 03:11 PM
Better sharing capabilities... Not just fb and twitter, but instAgram vine etc...

yachiru
Jun 17, 2013, 09:26 PM
- better battery life
- fix skype :(

Aidan5806
Jun 17, 2013, 09:39 PM
I read through 3 pages of this thread and not a single person has said what I really want:

IPAD SUPPORT!

rmeadejr
Jun 17, 2013, 09:40 PM
quick reply

ErikGrim
Jun 17, 2013, 10:22 PM
Can we keep this to the realistic ones. There will be no new major features or UI changes between now and release. No Swype keyboards. No change backs to old functionality. No ad blocking (seriously?). No Siri API. No "close all". No pony.

And regarding battery life, it WILL be better in release. In the meantime stop complaining about it.

Kohkane
Jun 17, 2013, 10:34 PM
Can we keep this to the realistic ones. There will be no new major features or UI changes between now and release. No Swype keyboards. No change backs to old functionality. No ad blocking (seriously?). No Siri API. No "close all". No pony.

And regarding battery life, it WILL be better in release. In the meantime stop complaining about it.

You're kidding about the UI changes right? UI changes are bound to happen, not drastic ones, and not ones reverting back to iOS6, but obviously tweaking the icons, and fixing obvious UI problems right now...

ErikGrim
Jun 17, 2013, 10:41 PM
You're kidding about the UI changes right? UI changes are bound to happen, not drastic ones, and not ones reverting back to iOS6, but obviously tweaking the icons, and fixing obvious UI problems right now...

"no new major features or UI changes" :rolleyes:

Kohkane
Jun 17, 2013, 10:49 PM
"no new major features or UI changes" :rolleyes:

I mean, I consider them to be major ones, but I guess we look at changes differently. ;)

Will2145
Jun 17, 2013, 11:03 PM
maybe its just me but the ios 7 video dock looks more transparent then the beta I would like that added in beta 2

ritmomundo
Jun 18, 2013, 11:19 AM
I don't really see it happening via Apple directly. Hopefully, of the fine developers here can create an app, that somehow works with the Safari browser, allowing people to turn on and off adblock as they see fit.

I have been seeing more and more website ads, not to mention more pop ups. This site is one that I was getting a pop up from, when I was running iOS 6.

Yeah, it will probably stay a jailbreak tweak. Its one of the 3 tweaks I really miss since I installed iOS 7.