PDA

View Full Version : Things Apple forgot to add to iOS 7?

gadget123
Jun 12, 2013, 07:35 PM
*Wiglets.

*Custom themes.

*Youtube back as a default app.

*Folders with windows rather than seeing all the apps.

*More social networking integration.

*Ability to delete default apps.

Anymore?

zbarvian
Jun 12, 2013, 07:36 PM
I agree with your last two, but also think quick reply from a notification banner should've been in there.

Alex89
Jun 12, 2013, 07:37 PM
The possibility to disable the LTE/3G by Control Center.

Sky Blue
Jun 12, 2013, 07:37 PM
App icons that weren't ugly.

ra4oasis
Jun 12, 2013, 07:46 PM
Wiglets.- I honestly don't see widgets making it on too ios, at least not in the way they are android. Live icons are more likely.

*Custom themes.- Not gonna happen. Maybe a little more control over the default theme, but themes aren't happening.

*Youtube back as a default app- Set YouTube as default... default what? Or do you mean installed by default? Very silly when it is a free download, if that is what you mean.

*Folders with windows rather than seeing all the apps- Huh? No idea what that means.

*More social networking integration- I know I'm in the minority here, but I so do not care about this. At least we got Flickr and Vimeo support.

*Ability to delete default apps- this would be nice, I agree.

The ability to set default browser, maps, mail app, and so forth would be nice, but I didn't think we'd ACTUALLY get that.

xcodeaddict
Jun 12, 2013, 07:46 PM
Apple should design iOS Betas so that the screen is scrambled, and only ADC members get special glasses that allows you to view the screen, therefore eliminating "me too" threads that duplicate the obvious.

linescreen
Jun 12, 2013, 07:49 PM
I can't help but think this is a case of the emperors new clothes. Because apple is so secretive, they were unable to do A/B testing on the new designs.

I just hope the remove Ive from doing anymore OS work.

I could live with an ugly iphone or mac, but not an ugly OS.

Silvereel
Jun 12, 2013, 07:52 PM
*Wiglets.

Not sure what those are. ;)

*Custom themes.

Not until hell freezes over.

See above.

What's wrong with the way the folders function now?

There's an app for that.

Could cause bad things to happen. But granted, it's not totally unreasonable.

msuman
Jun 12, 2013, 07:54 PM
The possibility to disable the LTE/3G by Control Center.

Yes, I need this.

Tmelon
Jun 12, 2013, 08:00 PM
Could cause bad things to happen. But granted, it's not totally unreasonable.

I think a more likely option would be to move apps like Stocks, Passbook and such to the App Store and continue to have the necessities such as Phone, Mail, Messages and Music being non-removable.

1member1
Jun 12, 2013, 08:01 PM
Quick reply
Sharing to 3rd apps - like camera to whatsapp
better search in contacts
new keyboard

I love iOS 7 i hope those features come in iOS 8.

roland.g
Jun 12, 2013, 08:07 PM
1. It was promised for iOS 6 and still has not arrived: support on external BT keyboards for the same autocorrect, auto cap, etc that the onscreen keyboard has. Double space for periods etc.

I just got a Mini and a Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover. Was disappointed with the small keyboard that the natural autocorrect of iOS was missing when using the keyboard.

2. On the themes, I wouldn't expect that. However, the one thing I would like to see is two basic themes. A light one like they did and a dark one. That way you can either match or contrast your phone color. But it is interesting they added things like making the phone dialer light up in a color pulled from your wallpaper.

3. UpNext for the Music app.

charlituna
Jun 12, 2013, 08:17 PM
*Wiglets.

*Custom themes.

Anymore?

Nope they didn't forget anything. You just don't like that they don't agree with you that these things need to be there

eaglesteve
Jun 12, 2013, 08:24 PM
TouchPal or Swype like keyboard!!!!! Better still, to open up a little bit like what Tim Cook said. That openness should mean allowing third party system wide keyboards.

xFeed
Jun 12, 2013, 08:25 PM
They should have added the Twitter & Facebook status updater in the notification bar! It was so handy for a quick status update. Hopefully it's back in the Beta 2. :confused::(

LeoNobilis
Jun 12, 2013, 08:37 PM
The greatest omission is that of a proper input system (read: SwiftKey Flow / Swype / T9 / SlideIt)! iOS keyboard doesn't come anywhere near any of these.

There are less significant ones, too (such as a lack of 3G switch in the Control Panel), etc., but really, the lack if a proper keyboard would be my main gripe.

Next on my list would be a number of hardware alterations (I know, these have little to do with iOS 7, but in my opinion, they are well overdue), including a 5" screen (no, not just taller!), powerful Stereo speakers (such as those in an HTC One), waterproofing (Liquipel / HZO / NeverWet), 128GB storage and a decidedly improved battery life (enough to get one through two days of non-stop navigation app use. I know, we'll have to wait for this one at least 10 years). And - should it at all be possible, a much larger / more light-sensitive sensor (this one I wouldn't expect to materialise before half a century from now).

kevo1011
Jun 12, 2013, 08:46 PM
Is autoreply to much to ask for. I would like to ability to have SMS/iMessage autoreply with a response of activated. I hoping the new API's will allow an app developer to develop a 3rd party app

tmanto02
Jun 12, 2013, 08:49 PM
Up Next for music app!!! Please make it into GM!

Mrg02d
Jun 12, 2013, 09:00 PM
Coffee grinder app....

Also, swiftkey 3, aka a better keyboard!

KieranDotW
Jun 12, 2013, 09:04 PM
Umm... YouTube was removed as a default app because Apple's contract with Google ended, not out of choice... And why is it you're arguing for more default apps (ie. YouTube) and fewer default apps at the same time? :confused:

charlituna
Jun 12, 2013, 09:35 PM
Umm... YouTube was removed as a default app because Apple's contract with Google ended,

it is also suspect that Google didn't want to re up the contract because Apple still wouldn't let them put ads on the videos if the app was built in.

eaglesteve
Jun 12, 2013, 09:42 PM
The greatest omission is that of a proper input system (read: SwiftKey Flow / Swype / T9 / SlideIt)! iOS keyboard doesn't come anywhere near any of these.

There are less significant ones, too (such as a lack of 3G switch in the Control Panel), etc., but really, the lack if a proper keyboard would be my main gripe.

Next on my list would be a number of hardware alterations (I know, these have little to do with iOS 7, but in my opinion, they are well overdue), including a 5" screen (no, not just taller!), powerful Stereo speakers (such as those in an HTC One), waterproofing (Liquipel / HZO / NeverWet), 128GB storage and a decidedly improved battery life (enough to get one through two days of non-stop navigation app use. I know, we'll have to wait for this one at least 10 years). And - should it at all be possible, a much larger / more light-sensitive sensor (this one I wouldn't expect to materialise before half a century from now).

Agreeing with everything here. From the iOS standpoint, the number one area for improvement which did not materialise was the input.

Mengels7
Jun 12, 2013, 09:45 PM
I'm hoping they actually forgot to add song ratings. I actually frequently change ratings on-the-go and there is no way to do so anymore. If this was intentional then I'm pissed.

eaglesteve
Jun 12, 2013, 09:50 PM
I'm hoping they actually forgot to add song ratings. I actually frequently change ratings on-the-go and there is no way to do so anymore. If this was intentional then I'm pissed.

I hope they put it back too. I use this quite a lot.

Prother
Jun 13, 2013, 12:33 AM
Scheduled text messages. The one thing I would jailbreak just to be able to do.

Menneisyys2
Jun 13, 2013, 12:45 AM
F.lux - the biggest omission.

adjeff8
Jun 13, 2013, 12:48 AM
Folders that scroll. So I can put more that the current limit of 12 apps in a folder

rmeadejr
Jun 13, 2013, 12:49 AM
Folders that scroll. So I can put more that the current limit of 12 apps in a folder

you can put more then 12 apps in a folder now

GabooN
Jun 13, 2013, 12:51 AM
and they also now scroll.

acosmichippo
Jun 13, 2013, 12:58 AM
Most of all, I would have liked the ability to set default apps - Browser, Mail, Music Player, Navigation, etc.

Also, a sandbox area to store files (any files) in through airdrop from a mac or even just a USB cable. Like a flash drive.

Jimbo47
Jun 13, 2013, 01:16 AM
None of these with an exception to maybe 1 or 2 are things they forgot to add. It should be things they failed to add. Unless thinking they forgot makes people feel better.

campingsk8er
Jun 13, 2013, 01:57 AM
*Wiglets.

*Custom themes.

Anymore?

I'm pretty sure Apple didn't forget to add things, I'm positive they didn't forget to add these things. You may want them, but its not an absolute necessity. Forgetting something implies that they wanted to, but it slipped there mind. I'm sure that that isn't what happened.

Menneisyys2
Jun 13, 2013, 02:07 AM
I'm pretty sure Apple didn't forget to add things, I'm positive they didn't forget to add these things. You may want them, but its not an absolute necessity. Forgetting something implies that they wanted to, but it slipped there mind. I'm sure that that isn't what happened.

Yup, the "didn't bother to add essential stuff like" expression may have been better...

adjeff8
Jun 13, 2013, 02:24 AM
you can put more then 12 apps in a folder now

I'll believe it when I see it. I read all the new features and it says nothing about it. Perhaps you're thinking of the iPad. The folders on the iPad max out at 20 apps. The iPhone maxes out at 12. Either way what I'm looking for are folders that can contain an unlimited amount of apps. And then you scroll down thru folder. It should be limited only by the size of your storage on the device. That way I wouldn't need the 11 pages that I have on my iPhone.

Jragyn
Jun 13, 2013, 02:30 AM
Scheduled text messages. The one thing I would jailbreak just to be able to do.

If you do Jailbreak, use biteSMS for that. It's a great program and the only reason I continue to jailbreak.

The-Real-Deal82
Jun 13, 2013, 02:43 AM
I am pleased to see widgets were not included on the new OS. I wasn't against the option of having them or downloading them from the app store through choice, but glad they haven't become a core element of the OS. I keep seeing people saying its a failure because widgets are not included, but not everybody is a huge fan. When I had my HTC I saw them as a novelty really, but on that platform they drained the battery and often lost connection. I had a weather widget which was also part of the clock and it was constantly searching for weather updates at the expense of the battery. The twitter and Facebook widgets were useless. I think Apple were wise not to go down this route and see no problem with pressing an app icon for the relevant information. Just my view and doesn't mean I think it is correct for everybody. :)

eaglesteve
Jun 13, 2013, 02:56 AM
I too don't see any purpose of having widget. It takes up precious screen space which I would never allow for anything other than application.

I would rather use the full application for anything instead of a scaled down application called widget.

I don't find the idea of having to come back to the home screen to check things quickly makes any sense. To be truly useful, the widget must be invokable from anywhere, without having to come back to the home screen. I like the idea of having widget such as a calendar, weather, stock price embedded into the notification centre so that it is accessible immediately, but not when I have to navigate back to the home screen.

redbeard331
Jun 13, 2013, 02:56 AM
The design

rmeadejr
Jun 13, 2013, 03:16 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. I read all the new features and it says nothing about it. Perhaps you're thinking of the iPad. The folders on the iPad max out at 20 apps. The iPhone maxes out at 12. Either way what I'm looking for are folders that can contain an unlimited amount of apps. And then you scroll down thru folder. It should be limited only by the size of your storage on the device. That way I wouldn't need the 11 pages that I have on my iPhone.

just put 40 apps in one folder...

----------

plus they scroll to the left and right

----------

look what i found... http://www.redmondpie.com/ios-7-features-compatibility-release-date/

-Folders Expanded

One of the things iOS lacked prior to iOS 4 was folder functionality, and when it did come, it was limited. Apple continually boasts of how many apps are available over at the App Store, yet hitherto has only allowed twelve icons within a single folder, meaning one could only ever partially bring organization into their life. With iOS 7, folders have pages, allowing "hundreds" of apps to be stored within any folder. Better? We think so.

Tanax
Jun 13, 2013, 03:42 AM
Ability to search within a conversation
- By free text
- By within a time-/day-/month-/year -interval
- By at/before/after a specific time/day/month/year
- By contact (useful if you want to search for only your messages, your friend's messages or when in group conversations)

I'm a heavy texter and definitely needs more organization within Messages!

adjeff8
Jun 14, 2013, 01:10 AM
just put 40 apps in one folder...

----------

plus they scroll to the left and right

----------

look what i found... http://www.redmondpie.com/ios-7-features-compatibility-release-date/

-Folders Expanded

One of the things iOS lacked prior to iOS 4 was folder functionality, and when it did come, it was limited. Apple continually boasts of how many apps are available over at the App Store, yet hitherto has only allowed twelve icons within a single folder, meaning one could only ever partially bring organization into their life. With iOS 7, folders have pages, allowing "hundreds" of apps to be stored within any folder. Better? We think so.

Ok. If this is the case then that's cool and long overdue. This is the first I am hearing about it

Ay_Zimmy
Jun 14, 2013, 01:24 AM
No End all apps option when in multitask is kind of surprising

C DM
Jun 14, 2013, 01:37 AM
Ok. If this is the case then that's cool and long overdue. This is the first I am hearing about itYou can watch the keynote presentation where iOS 7 was presented and it's in there, among quite a few other places.

haruhiko
Jun 14, 2013, 01:58 AM

It was demoed right at the keynote. :rolleyes:

moldy lunchbox
Jun 14, 2013, 02:01 AM
- Post to Facebook and Tweet from Notication Center like iOS 6.
- Quick Reoly like BiteSMS
- More advanced camera controls (know it's a stretch but would be nice)

adjeff8
Jun 14, 2013, 12:08 PM
It was demoed right at the keynote. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I see now. You guys are going to have to forgive me. I'm working 14 hrs a day on a film set under a blazing sun with 1 1/2 hours travel each way. With the letdown of no rMBP I didn't take the time to watch the keynote, which I otherwise would have done. Instead I just went to the Apple site and browsed the highlites, and that just didn't catch my eye. Thanks for giving me the one tidbit of good news. That and iBooks on OSX.

haydn!
Jun 14, 2013, 12:13 PM
Widgets, or wiglets as they're more commonly known. Are you freaking serious? It's 2013 not 1999. Want a weather app icon to tell you the current weather, in your current location? You do realise by looking out of a window you're not actually advocating Microsoft.

eva934
Jun 14, 2013, 12:15 PM
-File manager as iFile
-download music directly to the application without using itunes

jutte64
Jun 14, 2013, 12:34 PM
I am pleased to see widgets were not included on the new OS. I wasn't against the option of having them or downloading them from the app store through choice, but glad they haven't become a core element of the OS. I keep seeing people saying its a failure because widgets are not included, but not everybody is a huge fan. When I had my HTC I saw them as a novelty really, but on that platform they drained the battery and often lost connection. I had a weather widget which was also part of the clock and it was constantly searching for weather updates at the expense of the battery. The twitter and Facebook widgets were useless. I think Apple were wise not to go down this route and see no problem with pressing an app icon for the relevant information. Just my view and doesn't mean I think it is correct for everybody. :)

My feelings exactly! Everyone wants to have widgets, then IF they ever come, those same people will be the ones crying about how terrible their battery life is!

zerostar
Jun 14, 2013, 12:47 PM
and they also now scroll.

I was just going to add that, they should make them taller for the iPhone 5, IDK how they fit on the 4 but on the 5 you could fit two more rows easily...

CarlosQG
Jun 14, 2013, 02:14 PM
Quick reply -like on Mavericks- and quick reply APIs for apps like WhatsApp.
Upload files from Safari (like Safari Upload Enabler).
Notifications instead of alerts for low battery.
Mobile Data toggle for Control Centre.
Up Next.

Taek
Jun 14, 2013, 02:27 PM
Also, a sandbox area to store files (any files) in through airdrop from a mac or even just a USB cable. Like a flash drive.

Agreed. Just about everyone i know runs into a situation where they want to move a file and are incredulous they can't without getting a 3rd party app or software.

Something like a default flash drive app would be far more used by the mass market than some of the other default apps that come w/ iOS, like Passbook.

dacari
Jun 14, 2013, 03:09 PM
Calender month view does not show jack *****...

kas23
Jun 14, 2013, 04:41 PM
Can we attach files directly from Mail yet?

And, less social network integration.

Gjwilly
Jun 14, 2013, 06:25 PM
I'd like to see different auto lock timeouts for powered vs on battery.
I mean why even bother to add artwork to iRadio and other music playing apps if the screen is just going to black out or dim down to nothing?
When the phone is powered you should have the option of keeping the screen on.

ErikGrim
Jun 14, 2013, 06:34 PM
Upload files from Safari (like Safari

You can upload photos from Safari in iOS 6. Without access to a file system what else would you upload??

bigchrisfgb
Jun 14, 2013, 06:45 PM
I am pleased to see widgets were not included on the new OS. I wasn't against the option of having them or downloading them from the app store through choice, but glad they haven't become a core element of the OS. I keep seeing people saying its a failure because widgets are not included, but not everybody is a huge fan. When I had my HTC I saw them as a novelty really, but on that platform they drained the battery and often lost connection. I had a weather widget which was also part of the clock and it was constantly searching for weather updates at the expense of the battery. The twitter and Facebook widgets were useless. I think Apple were wise not to go down this route and see no problem with pressing an app icon for the relevant information. Just my view and doesn't mean I think it is correct for everybody. :)I don't like widgets either, a live icon fair enough. Widgets could be optional though if they were on the left page of the main page (currently search) along with the search section. Or if you wanted why not a way to swipe the app to open it up into a widget? (probably more complicated incase you swipe to another page or change the apps location).

A new keyboard would be better though, as much as I don't like Android they keyboard is better. Also auto reply on texts and delayed texts would be nice well.

cclloyd
Jun 14, 2013, 07:14 PM
-Something similar to f.lux
-Access to root folder
-Wifi access to XCode
-More toggles (pages of toggles) in command center

palmerc2
Jun 14, 2013, 08:03 PM
I know it's small: showing the date on status bar, next to the time.

Probably one of the biggest things I miss from jailbreaking

C DM
Jun 14, 2013, 08:17 PM
They should have brought back the option to disable all notifications.

eaglesteve
Jun 14, 2013, 08:41 PM
They have forgotten to remove the battery when battery percentage is shown. That's a precious space up there, so I hope they show one or the other, but not both.

PrometheusGeek
Jun 14, 2013, 09:29 PM
*Wiglets.

*Custom themes.

Anymore?

I've got no need or desire for widgets on my mobile device.
I hate custom themes because it ends up making my phone look ugly, because I suck at design. Customization is for Android phones and PCs.
YouTube will never happen because its owned by Google, and now they're making much more $ with their ad-supported ap.
Not sure how folders with windows works, but I'm intrigued...
The world has too much social networking as it is, lol...
Keep dreaming about deleting default apps. This is Apple we're talking about here. Never gonna happen.

What I'd love is:

Group distribution lists in email. Oh please!
New system sounds, ringers and alerts. We're all complaining about the juvenile look of the new icons - what about these STUPID, ridiculous playground sounds we've been stuck with since iOS 1?! Seriously - I'm a professional in a professional workplace. No one in my office wants to hear train whistles or Robin-Hood trumpets or weird noises from Lost in Space when I get texts and emails. Most of the default alerts and ringers SUCK and always have. Let's have a good slate of simple, clean, non-skeumorphic, professional sounds to pick from at long last.

App icons that weren't ugly.

lol... :p

JoeyCloverfield
Jun 14, 2013, 10:23 PM
During the Keynote Tim Cook [?] showed that more people spend time on their iPhone than on any other platform. Personally, I think that's because on devices running Android or Windows Phone you can get the information you want or do the thing you wanted to do right on your home screen (or even lock-screen [?]) through live tiles or widgets. It'd be nice if Apple implemented either one. They, of course, would be completely optional, so I don't see why people are so adamantly against them.

I'd also like themes. It would allow people to further personalize their device. Again, it'd be completely optional.

Aside from that I would also like a file-system. I'm not talking about a file system like on OS X but simply a place where all types of files can be kept and any app can access (with my permission). Maybe something that's organized by file types and tags. IMO, this is the only thing missing from making the iPad a device of creation.

PS: Please don't advice me to go to Android or Windows. I'm on iOS because I like the Apple ecosystem and believe that the benefits of it outweigh the benefits of widgets/themes. Still, a person can dream.

CarlosQG
Jun 14, 2013, 11:19 PM
You can upload photos from Safari in iOS 6. Without access to a file system what else would you upload??

Well, I -almost- everyday have to upload .pdf and .doc files to my BlackBoard and since I'm completely PC-Free, I work on Pages and Keynote. Safari Upload Enabler makes me easy to upload these files. I think iOS 7 need this.

adildacoolset
Jun 15, 2013, 12:44 AM
Widgets are not good IMO. They add clutter to the homescreen, and they make it lose it's order. The home screen is meant for launching apps, not hanging around.

Notification centre has widgets BTW, and I hope Apple add APIs for that. Widgets are much more functional there as you can get the info wherever you are, without the need to close the app you're in. And your homescreen won't be in shambles.

alphaod
Jun 15, 2013, 01:36 AM
Could use the option to force 3G only, especially useful in areas with weaker 3G signals, I often have to cycle 3G on/off to get it to connect back to a 3G network instead of 2G.

Shadyriley
Jun 15, 2013, 04:02 AM
Visual voicemail 2: transcribes voicemail into readable text.

Group Facetime.

The ability to schedule text messages.

Quick reply to text AND other messages like facebook. [Without jailbreaking with bite sms and fb quick reply ;)]

Voice commands embedded with Siri, as in offline commands for calling someone, my 2001 cell phone could do that....

Ability to resize icons or something other than grid lock.

BvizioN
Jun 15, 2013, 05:05 AM
What I'd love is:

New system sounds, ringers and alerts. We're all complaining about the juvenile look of the new icons - what about these STUPID, ridiculous playground sounds we've been stuck with since iOS 1?! Seriously - I'm a professional in a professional workplace. No one in my office wants to hear train whistles or Robin-Hood trumpets or weird noises from Lost in Space when I get texts and emails. Most of the default alerts and ringers SUCK and always have. Let's have a good slate of simple, clean, non-skeumorphic, professional sounds to pick from at long last.

I totally agree. But my guess is they will also be changed on the final GM. I have installed some BBM tones. Can't stand the boing and the duck/harp type of sounds on iOS!!

superstarmc
Jun 15, 2013, 05:32 AM
More options in mission control where you can add settings. Such as having a shortcut to your wifi hotspot.

L1mera1n
Jun 15, 2013, 06:51 AM
A small but important thing.

The lockscreen should contain the countdown timer if its set on. At least for mins and hours. I use it for cooking and its a real pain in the ass to unlock the phone (esp. when you have passcode) and then enter the clock-app to see how much time is left. Should be eady to incorporate.

applejuice99
Jun 15, 2013, 07:01 AM
*Wiglets.

*Custom themes.

Anymore?

To be able to reply to messages from the lock screen with out having to unlock the phone, like a quick reply thing.

iambeep
Jun 15, 2013, 08:20 AM
Not just iOS 7, for iTunes in OSX as well,

Apple, can you please include flac support natively.

My greatest wish.

BvizioN
Jun 15, 2013, 08:31 AM
A small but important thing.

The lockscreen should contain the countdown timer if its set on. At least for mins and hours. I use it for cooking and its a real pain in the ass to unlock the phone (esp. when you have passcode) and then enter the clock-app to see how much time is left. Should be eady to incorporate.

It does. The countdown timer apears just below the actual time on the lock screen! But it appears a bit small though.

andrea25
Jun 15, 2013, 08:44 AM
Do Not Disturb schedule on different days

L1mera1n
Jun 15, 2013, 09:06 AM
It does. The countdown timer apears just below the actual time on the lock screen! But it appears a bit small though.

Thank god!

randomdude
Jun 15, 2013, 09:22 AM
*Wiglets.

*Custom themes.

Anymore?

Apple are trying to move away from Google not rely on them more. Why on Earth would they put YouTube back in as default app when they removed it to rely less on Google, and also, the YouTube App from the App store is better than the previous default app so what would be the point.

zbarvian
Jun 15, 2013, 09:33 AM
There's also some big under-the-hood improvements to Safari in 10.9 that should make their way over to mobile Safari.

BigB82
Jun 15, 2013, 10:19 AM
Business user like some on here, so I would love to see a longer much longer call log, I cant imagine that takes long to implement

Also FINALLY bring the ability to add groups to contacts and edit and delete them natively from the iphone without having to use iCloud or MAC

binaryskies
Jun 16, 2013, 01:56 AM
*Wiglets.

*Custom themes.

Anymore?

Invisible Folder backgrounds, option to rename / hide app names, icon resize (like the option for text), default app selection (default browser, default map app, etc..) oh and day/night themes as stated in previous threads (full UI).

kimovski
Jun 16, 2013, 08:17 AM
something like zephyr on cydia it will be great!

doasis23
Jun 16, 2013, 08:30 AM
Notifications instead of alerts for low battery.
Mobile Data toggle for Control Centre.
Up Next.
Those are mine plus

Quick compose text from any where- I miss bite sms already
Add a stop in Maps- One of my favorite features in Waze
Google as the search engine in Siri
Ability to select which apps are in control center

LeoNobilis
Jun 16, 2013, 10:19 AM
TouchPal or Swype like keyboard!!!!! Better still, to open up a little bit like what Tim Cook said. That openness should mean allowing third party system wide keyboards.

Concur wholeheartdely!

Brittany246
Jun 16, 2013, 10:30 AM
The old default youtube app was crap. The free one from the app store is way better. I have no clue why anyone would want that POS to be stuck on their phone.

SpyderBite
Jun 16, 2013, 10:33 AM
Sounds like the OP wants an iPhone with the Android OS installed on it. I don't think there's a jailbreak quite that sophisticated or as reckless as that yet.

CallOfDuty
Jun 16, 2013, 10:35 AM
The old default youtube app was crap. The free one from the app store is way better. I have no clue why anyone would want that POS to be stuck on their phone.

It was better in MANY instances, overall better. But I miss playing music in the background.

Brittany246
Jun 16, 2013, 10:58 AM
It was better in MANY instances, overall better. But I miss playing music in the background.

In what ways was it better?

Payroll
Jun 16, 2013, 11:45 AM
They should have added the Twitter & Facebook status updater in the notification bar! It was so handy for a quick status update. Hopefully it's back in the Beta 2. :confused::(

i have to agree thats really all that i miss

CallOfDuty
Jun 16, 2013, 11:46 AM

The overall UI improvements and utility improvements. Its now on par with at least the Android version of Youtube. I could read comments while watching videos. But the 5 sec ad on almost every video i play is getting annoying. I wish they will cut back on the frequency of advertisements forced upon you. Out of 10 videos I think 8 of them had 5 second ads. But I could bear with the 5 second ad with all that UI improvements. Plus the new app was way faster overall than the old app.

I'm on the fence about video playback on the new Youtube app though. Sometimes it loads up and plays instantly, blazingly fast. Sometimes I had to sit there and wait for a few moments before it started playing.

And theres that HQ/HD button iOS lacks that Youtube on Android has. That button is pretty important especially when you watch videos on cellular data.

Menneisyys2
Jun 16, 2013, 11:52 AM

Native TV output support, for example. Something painfully missing from the AppStore version.

----------

See above - native TV output, among othe rthings.