PDA

View Full Version : Downgraded back to iOS 6 uber thread

Paradoxally
Jun 12, 2013, 07:38 PM
...how fast it was.

iOS 6 on an iPhone 5 is unparalleled. It's fluid, fast, and works great. I daresay NO other OS on any device can be this fluid without any lag.

The problem with iOS 7 isn't the icons (well, some of them are hideous, but that's bearable), neither the unicorn-look it exudes. I actually like the simplicity, and I would actually stay on iOS 7 (as a beta), if it weren't for one thing. And no, it's not the lag really.

It's the animation duration.

iOS 7 on an iPhone 5 feels like I'm using an iPod touch 4G on iOS 6. The animations take way too much time, like going back to the homescreen, and firing up the multitasking, swiping through all those app "cards", and going selecting an app, waiting for it to animate, and then load content....it takes nearly twice the amount of time iOS 6 does.

Does iOS 6 feel outdated? Yes, in many ways. But it's animations are fast and I don't want to take double the amount of time I take to switch apps. I still prefer the iOS 6 multitasking, even though it's widely criticized. I also never liked Android's style of multitasking. For me, it's about speed over eye candy for these kind of things. When I'm in the app, yeah sure you can animate nicely and stuff (the swipe to go back is A+, especially in Safari).

If iOS 7 doesn't speed up the animations in the next betas there will be a lot of unhappy campers in the fall asking how to downgrade to iOS 6.

Battery life is also an issue, but I'm not worried about that, as it will most likely be fixed.

boltjames
Jun 12, 2013, 07:41 PM
The reason you feel the lag is because you're using an old iPhone.

I don't mean that sarcastically, it's just that every time there is a major upgrade to iOS it is because it is being launched in conjunction with a brand-new piece of hardware. What you are helping prove to me is that the upcoming iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 will have the processing horsepower to handle this type of animated operating system.

BJ

xcodeaddict
Jun 12, 2013, 07:43 PM

I don't mean that sarcastically, it's just that every time there is a major upgrade to iOS it is because it is being launched in conjunction with a brand-new piece of hardware. What you are helping prove to me is that the upcoming iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 will have the processing horsepower to handle this type of animated operating system.

BJ

"Old"? hardly :D (yes, I saw your comments, but this is ridiculous).

Paradoxally
Jun 12, 2013, 07:43 PM

BJ

I'm not complaining about the LAG. I'm complaining about how long it takes to do stuff. Regardless of lag.

If you put two iPhone 5's side by side, compare the speed in opening an app, hitting the home button, then opening up the same app again or another app, switching to the multitasking tray and selecting another app...it's just way, way faster in iOS 6 because the animation time is not exaggerated compared to iOS 7.

Illuminated
Jun 12, 2013, 07:47 PM
Dude, it's a FRICKING BETA! The FIRST beta for crying out loud! If most people feel this way, Apple will change things through out the entire Beta process.

Saying that this is the most un-intuitive operating system is silly. And to say is it lags is really premature.

Just hold your horses, stick with iOS6 while the beta process continues with iOS7.

KenAFSPC
Jun 12, 2013, 07:48 PM
The animations are very cool. For about 30 minutes. And then you realize that how much they slow navigation. It has nothing to do with lag.

I believe there is an option in settings to tone down the animations. I reverted back before I was aware of the option.

msuman
Jun 12, 2013, 07:49 PM
It. Is. The. Beta. 1 at that.

And it's a complete overhaul of the operating system. It is GOING to be laggy.

By the GM, this OS will undoubtedly be as smooth as iOS 6.

boltjames
I'm not complaining about the LAG. I'm complaining about how long it takes to do stuff. Regardless of lag.

If you put two iPhone 5's side by side, compare the speed in opening an app, hitting the home button, then opening up the same app again or another app, switching to the multitasking tray and selecting another app...it's just way, way faster in iOS 6 because the animation time is not exaggerated compared to iOS 7.

I hate the new operating system.

It's the first iOS release that actually has me unexcited and uninterested to upgrade. The functionality I was looking for was again overlooked. I need Profiles so that I don't have to tap buttons like Bluetooth on and off, Wi-Fi on off, lower brightness, mute calls, etc every night. I should have a personal "day" and "night" modes, one button, done.

Instead I'm getting eye candy on a phone that now looks like one a 14-year-old girl would be happy to have modded as a jailbreak. Speaking of jailbreak, I have never even thought of doing that but now will be the first one once something is released to get me out of this iOS 7 hell.

BJ

Silvereel
It's the initial beta. Smoothness will improve over time, just relax. Jonny has this ;)

boltjames
Jun 12, 2013, 07:53 PM
It's the initial beta. Smoothness will improve over time, just relax. Jonny has this

Johnny Ive has had nothing but my undying respect and admiration since 2001. But not anymore.

BJ

Paradoxally
Dude, it's a FRICKING BETA! The FIRST beta for crying out loud! If most people feel this way, Apple will change things through out the entire Beta process.

Saying that this is the most un-intuitive operating system is silly.

Where did I even say this???

So what if it's a beta? Apple iOS 6 Beta 1 had fast animations. There's no excuse to slow down the speed of the iOS just to make sure everyone goes wow at the animations for the first hour and then gets urges to downgrade because it takes like 10 seconds just to switch an app.

batting1000
I believe there is an option in settings to tone down the animations. I reverted back before I was aware of the option.

Nope, no setting for that. There's one to turn off the 3D home screen effect but that's all.

cmChimera
Jun 12, 2013, 07:55 PM
It's the initial beta. Smoothness will improve over time, just relax. Jonny has this ;)

You mean Craig.

batting1000
Jun 12, 2013, 07:55 PM
Where did I even say this???

So what if it's a beta? Apple iOS 6 Beta 1 had fast animations. There's no excuse to slow down the speed of the iOS just to make sure everyone goes wow at the animations for the first hour and then gets urges to downgrade because it takes like 10 seconds just to switch an app.

So your logic is that because iOS 6 beta 1 had fast animations, the fastest they'll ever be in iOS 7 is how they are now?

Lol.

Paradoxally
Jun 12, 2013, 07:56 PM
So your logic is that because iOS 6 beta 1 had fast animations, the fastest they'll ever be in iOS 7 is how they are now?

Lol.

I'm just saying they should have kept the same speed.

engelke2010
Jun 12, 2013, 08:02 PM
Personally, I am very happy with how easy it is to turn WiFi on and off. I'm even happy with Cellular being on the first screen of Settings and not buried inside. However, I might revert back to 6.1.4 after showing this iOS to someone at work. I'll definitely be updating ASAP when it is officially released and might not even jailbreak with how easy it is to turn WiFi on and off and also close apps.

eaglesteve
Jun 12, 2013, 08:04 PM
Just on animation, I much prefer it the iOS6 way. I find the effect quite annoying in addition to appearing to be laggy.

darngooddesign
If iOS 7 doesn't speed up the animations in the next betas there will be a lot of unhappy campers in the fall asking how to downgrade to iOS 6.

That happens with every iOS release.

kerrikins
Johnny Ive has had nothing but my undying respect and admiration since 2001. But not anymore.

BJ

Just wondering if you've had a chance to use it at all? I've noticed a lot of people have been much happier with the OS once they've had a chance to choose their own wallpapers/lock screens, etc. It really does change the feel.

iapplelove
Jun 12, 2013, 08:05 PM
op like others say its beta 1. A more fair comparison would be ios7 beta vs ios6 beta

Silvereel
Jun 12, 2013, 08:06 PM
You mean Craig.

Craig will make sure it happens. Jonny will demand that his animations run smoothly. :D

Shockwave78
Jun 12, 2013, 08:07 PM
There is no doubt they will speed up the animations. They did this a few times with the betas over theast few years.

The lag is to be expected, it's a beta, debugging mode is enabled, pair that with bugs and it's called lag. It's a beta

XboxMySocks
Jun 12, 2013, 08:16 PM
Apple iOS 6 Beta 1 had fast animations.

Complete strawman argument. iOS 6 Beta is not iOS 7 beta. This beta is a LOT more unfinished than the first iOS 6 beta was.

1BadMac
Jun 12, 2013, 08:41 PM

BJ

This was actually funny and true. Apple needs to offer some "skins" or something that will allow the device to look slightly more professional for those users that really want it.

That said boltjames - I have seen some really sharp looking pics posted where someone put a retina optimized "black" background that looked pretty sharp against the white contrast. Looks more Android-ish, sure. But looks very polished and much better than the floating purple bubbles I'm using by default.

Kenny Bond
Jun 12, 2013, 08:43 PM
I am thrilled with the the OS
There are issues but that's what we are hear to do, give feedback
I trusted maps today to get me home and it was flawless ( I did have a 4 with navigon as a back up).

tymaster50
Jun 12, 2013, 08:43 PM
Lol, so people hate ios 7 because of beta 1 and the fact that it's a little unstable even though it's almost a complete redesign? Lmaoo you guys are such a hard crowd. Go to android or stay on iOS 6. I personally assure you that nobody gives a flying **** so you don't need to make a thread about every complaint when theres like thousands on this site alone.

travisbrowning
Jun 12, 2013, 08:47 PM
Beta. Number. One.

TonyC28
Jun 12, 2013, 09:18 PM
OP, I think I get what you're saying here. Not that it lags, but that the animations themselves are longer by design and thus take longer to do on iOS 7 compared to iOS 6. Is that right?

sportsfrk214
Jun 12, 2013, 09:28 PM
OP, I think I get what you're saying here. Not that it lags, but that the animations themselves are longer by design and thus take longer to do on iOS 7 compared to iOS 6. Is that right?

I was literally just going to post this until I saw your comment. You are absolutely right, that is exactly what the OP is suggesting. Everyone here is so quick to shout "ITS ONLY A BETA!!!!1111" that they don't take the time to actually read the post.

I think what the OP is getting at is that even if the animations are running 100% perfectly with absolutely zero lag, they will still be slower than iOS 6 because the animations themselves are longer. It's kind of like having a screen that just turns on, as opposed to one that fades in. The fade in animation isn't laggy, its just longer by design. That seems to be the case here, that the animations by design take a fraction of a second longer to work.

Now whether or not this matters to people, that's another story.

OneMike
Jun 12, 2013, 09:40 PM
It's a beta. Simple as that.

cualexander
Jun 12, 2013, 10:09 PM
I blame Google for diluting the term "beta" by keeping Gmail in beta for 5 years. People need to calm down about this not working. It's not meant to work at this point. It's a rough draft at best. The fact that people are even attempting to use this on a main device shows they don't understand the purpose of it.

Paddle1
Jun 12, 2013, 10:13 PM
I hate the new operating system.

It's the first iOS release that actually has me unexcited and uninterested to upgrade. The functionality I was looking for was again overlooked. I need Profiles so that I don't have to tap buttons like Bluetooth on and off, Wi-Fi on off, lower brightness, mute calls, etc every night. I should have a personal "day" and "night" modes, one button, done.

Instead I'm getting eye candy on a phone that now looks like one a 14-year-old girl would be happy to have modded as a jailbreak. Speaking of jailbreak, I have never even thought of doing that but now will be the first one once something is released to get me out of this iOS 7 hell.

BJ

Do Not Disturb?

----------

Also the animations can be shortened so the "It's a beta! :mad:" still applies.

PhoneI
Jun 12, 2013, 10:17 PM
So what if it's a beta? Apple iOS 6 Beta 1 had fast animations.

It comments like this that make me think Apple should do closed beta's with very few participants.

Are we really comparing speeds between beta's from different OS's?

KenAFSPC
Jun 12, 2013, 10:18 PM
I blame Google for diluting the term "beta" by keeping Gmail in beta for 5 years. People need to calm down about this not working. It's not meant to work at this point. It's a rough draft at best. The fact that people are even attempting to use this on a main device shows they don't understand the purpose of it.If Apple makes significant aesthetic changes between the beta and the GM (final), it will be the first time in nearly a decade that they have done so. Historically, Apple has made their design/aesthetic decisions prior to releasing betas. Historically, Apple's beta releases have served to fix bugs, improve performance, and tweak functionality. Perhaps things have changed in the post-Jobs era. We can hope.

cualexander
Jun 12, 2013, 10:42 PM
If Apple makes significant aesthetic changes between the beta and the GM (final), it will be the first time in nearly a decade that they have done so. Historically, Apple has made their design/aesthetic decisions prior to releasing betas. Historically, Apple's beta releases have served to fix bugs, improve performance, and tweak functionality. Perhaps things have changed in the post-Jobs era. We can hope.

But this is also the first time Apple has made such drastic aesthetic changes in iOS at all really. Lots of UI bugs in here. The reading list icon shows the new glasses on the main screen and old ones on the list screen. The power shut off screen doesn't make sense. There are lots of glaring errors in this beta that will have to be corrected. There's no doubt they will be. I don't think this iOS is comparable to other beta periods at all due to the drastic changes. It's too early to panic yet, in my opinion.

kerrikins
Jun 12, 2013, 11:20 PM
Perhaps things have changed in the post-Jobs era. We can hope.

Only time will tell, but Jobs was a perfectionist and I think he was really, really opposed to releasing anything into the public eye that wasn't 'finished'. Cook and those working for him may be more relaxed about alterations between now and release day.

syd430
Jun 12, 2013, 11:28 PM
I blame Google for diluting the term "beta" by keeping Gmail in beta for 5 years. People need to calm down about this not working. It's not meant to work at this point. It's a rough draft at best. The fact that people are even attempting to use this on a main device shows they don't understand the purpose of it.

They are marketing iOS 7 in its current form on its website:

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/design/

They also announced it as the main attraction of WWDC.

Apple has historically not unveiled such truly unpolished products, even as a beta.

anshuvorty
Jun 13, 2013, 12:07 AM

Saying that this is the most un-intuitive operating system is silly. And to say is it lags is really premature.

Just hold your horses, stick with iOS6 while the beta process continues with iOS7.

i second this statement. All pre-release software are meant to test the proof-of-concept designs that the devs have come up with. the optimization and bug-fixing comes at the end. We are at the beginning of the tunnel. bugs and lags are completely normal. Take it easy and see how it runs on iPhone 5 in 3 months time.

vannibombonato
Jun 13, 2013, 12:48 AM

BJ

"get me out of this iOS 7 hell" ? You are talking about a product which does not exist, which will be released in several months, when the people who make it think it's ready for the consumers, even consumers like you.
I really don't get how people can't get the enormous difference between a beta1 and what will be released 3-5 months later. To put this in perspective, they made iOS7 in its current state in something like 8 months.

aslucher
Jun 13, 2013, 02:38 AM

I totally understand what you are saying. The phone isn't lagging. They added new animations when opening each app. Its something you have to experience first hand really.

One thing I know is my old jailbreak had an app to speed up those animations. So it's either Jonny changes the times of the animations or that'll be my first jailbreak when it becomes available.

I wish for the days of Steve Jobs' calculator app. Not a a calculator, just a shell and the ability to move the icons, in any way possible. I can't remember who sarcastically designed it for Steve, but it was his gift/curse to be so OCD about things like that.

AppleMacNerd
Jun 13, 2013, 07:18 AM
Maybe your seeing problems and slower processing because it's still a Beta? People seemed to forget iOS6 isn't a beta and has been finely tuned the past year or so as iOS7 is on beta and ofcourse isn't finely tuned yet.

geko29
Jun 13, 2013, 08:01 AM
I'm reserving judgement on how well I'll like the new Metro interface, since I just installed iOS RT 10 minutes ago.

dontpannic
Jun 13, 2013, 08:33 AM
What do you know, someone else writing off an entire operating system because of its FIRST beta version.

VSMacOne
Jun 13, 2013, 08:44 AM
op like others say its beta 1. A more fair comparison would be ios7 beta vs ios6 beta

I think this will be a very different beta process so any comparison to previous betas is useless. There has been a much shorter development time for iOS7 than any iOS before, and with some new people involved in the process.

Chairman Plow
Jun 13, 2013, 09:15 AM
What do you know, someone else writing off an entire operating system because of its FIRST beta version.

I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show.

pedrofan
Jun 13, 2013, 09:20 AM
I have returned to iOS 6 after two days with iOS7... And THANKS GOD... It is like returning home after a bad 70's party.... My eyes still hurts.

WHAT A PEACE!!

Osullivan1
Jun 13, 2013, 09:23 AM
They are marketing iOS 7 in its current form on its website:

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/design/

They also announced it as the main attraction of WWDC.

Apple has historically not unveiled such truly unpolished products, even as a beta.

Apple has announced new versions iOS and OSX in beta each year since iPhone OS 2.0 and OS X 10.7.

Siri has been in beta and released to the public for over two and a half years now.

The iWork.com beta was available to the public for years and never came out of beta before it was discontinued (and then re-announced as an 'incredible' new product this week).

It's not uncommon for Apple to unveil unpolished products.

Paradoxally
Jun 13, 2013, 09:27 AM
I have returned to iOS 6 after two days with iOS7... And THANKS GOD... It is like returning home after a bad 70's party.... My eyes still hurts.

WHAT A PEACE!!

I agree, this version looks and feels like a unicorn on LSD. Then again, it was probably designed by one.

The glossiness feels outdated, but man those textures are just so much better than a flat world. A button is actually a button.

pedrofan
Jun 13, 2013, 09:30 AM
Apple has announced new versions iOS and OSX in beta each year since iPhone OS 2.0 and OS X 10.7.

Siri has been in beta and released to the public for over two and a half years now.

The iWork.com beta was available to the public for years and never came out of beta before it was discontinued (and then re-announced as an 'incredible' new product this week).

It's not uncommon for Apple to unveil unpolished products.

Yes, but they never changed the overall design. Only the performance.

Icons and design will remain as iOS 6 will do in my iphone.

My eyes are turning in slow motion to the dark side.. Im sorry...

batting1000
Jun 13, 2013, 09:31 AM

I thought it came out of beta when they announced iOS 6 in June.

syd430
Jun 13, 2013, 09:43 AM

Thanks for letting me know, but I not sure what I said that made you think that I didn't already know that?

What I said was that historically, iOS beta's havent been this bad.

Can you please point me to an instance where they have made dramatic changes to the UI from beta -> alpha? I'm only talking about iOS here.

vannibombonato
Jun 13, 2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks for letting me know, but I not sure what I said that made you think that I didn't already know that?

Can you please point me to an instance where they have made dramatic changes to the UI from beta -> alpha? I'm only talking about iOS here.

It's OPINIONS, how can't you get this simple fact?

It's perfectly acceptable that you even hate the looks of iOS7, but how can't you get the fact that it's just your opinion based on your taste? For usability, it's a fact that the Beta 1 works.

To give you some numbers, a mainstream general newspaper where i live run a poll, and the result is that 70% of the MAINSTREAM consumers (it's not a tech paper), when presented with the pictures (let alone the animations), prefer the new one. That's a number, and if i was at Apple i would be very happy for this. That same number has popped up here in a poll on Macrumors, where we are all "maniacs" willing to whine and shout the instant something we don't like shows up.

And that poll form the mainstream newspaper was run in Italy, where we notoriously are used to cheap design (hint: what you see in "Jersey shore" is not real ;) ).

Osullivan1
Jun 13, 2013, 02:02 PM

I think the point that cualexander (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17414205#post17414205) was getting at is that the beta is unfinished in the way of bugs and things not working, not the UI - which is why I thought it was odd that you said Apple didn't unveil unpolished products.

And how do you know they are going to change the UI? Honestly, I don't think the OS looks bad... I actually really like it. Although I think some of the icons and things like the new folders need tweaking, the overall feel of the OS is really good. Plus, the OS is considerably more stable than the first iOS 5 beta, so it's not really "this bad" in any way, more just your opinion on the way it looks...

----------

I thought it came out of beta when they announced iOS 6 in June.

Nope, still in beta...

http://www.apple.com/ios/siri/

Night Spring
Jun 13, 2013, 03:05 PM
To give you some numbers, a mainstream general newspaper where i live run a poll, and the result is that 70% of the MAINSTREAM consumers (it's not a tech paper), when presented with the pictures (let alone the animations), prefer the new one.

Thing is, though, that when I looked at pictures and videos of the new iOS 7 look, I thought it was okay. Not to my personal taste, but I didn't think there was anything particularly wrong with it. It was only when I installed the beta on my iPhone 4S and actually started using it that I started finding things problematic.

Like the "buttons" in Notes app are yellow on white -- very hard to read.

Or the new pages view in Safari. You get to see all your open pages at once, and it's faster to jump from one to the other, but the page titles are tilted, so the text is harder to read, making it more difficult to find the page you want to jump to. And when I saw that demoed during the keynote, I thought it looked cool. It was only when I used it that I realized it was hard to use.

portishead
Jun 13, 2013, 06:43 PM
...how fast it was.

iOS 6 on an iPhone 5 is unparalleled. It's fluid, fast, and works great. I daresay NO other OS on any device can be this fluid without any lag.

The problem with iOS 7 isn't the icons (well, some of them are hideous, but that's bearable), neither the unicorn-look it exudes. I actually like the simplicity, and I would actually stay on iOS 7 (as a beta), if it weren't for one thing. And no, it's not the lag really.

It's the animation duration.

iOS 7 on an iPhone 5 feels like I'm using an iPod touch 4G on iOS 6. The animations take way too much time, like going back to the homescreen, and firing up the multitasking, swiping through all those app "cards", and going selecting an app, waiting for it to animate, and then load content....it takes nearly twice the amount of time iOS 6 does.

Does iOS 6 feel outdated? Yes, in many ways. But it's animations are fast and I don't want to take double the amount of time I take to switch apps. I still prefer the iOS 6 multitasking, even though it's widely criticized. I also never liked Android's style of multitasking. For me, it's about speed over eye candy for these kind of things. When I'm in the app, yeah sure you can animate nicely and stuff (the swipe to go back is A+, especially in Safari).

Battery life is also an issue, but I'm not worried about that, as it will most likely be fixed.

worst thread ever. you should wait until iOS 7.1 because it's going to be in beta for a while, and even when final version comes out, it's going to be a little rough.

gadget123
Jun 13, 2013, 08:00 PM

BJ

I love the comments like older Iphone. It's the current model and usually they are built to run half a year with one OS then another few months with another as Iphones now get released in the later part of the year.

Paradoxally
Jun 13, 2013, 08:02 PM
worst thread ever. you should wait until iOS 7.1 because it's going to be in beta for a while, and even when final version comes out, it's going to be a little rough.

Don't worry, I will. But don't complain when iOS 7 comes out then.

gadget123
Jun 13, 2013, 08:09 PM
I wonder what will happen once the update is actually released...

no downgrading then everybody who updates is stuck with it.

portishead
Jun 13, 2013, 08:21 PM
Don't worry, I will. But don't complain when iOS 7 comes out then.

I'm already not complaining. I may offer opinions or criticism, but there is a difference.

Holty123
Jun 14, 2013, 05:54 AM
Please stop complaining about bugs and lags
IT'S A BETA!

TonyC28
Jun 14, 2013, 10:32 PM
Please stop complaining about bugs and lags
IT'S A BETA!

Again, as was clarified earlier, the OP is not talking about lag as some kind of flaw. He/she is referring to the designed animations that make actions in iOS take longer.

OP, I'm finally running iOS 7 and I see exactly what you mean. It doesn't annoy me that much but it is definitely noticeable.

Bacong
Jun 14, 2013, 11:14 PM
iOS 7 is very usable and I really like it.

I went back to 6.1.4 today. Missed things not being perfect all the time and some apps didn't work :p

Holy crap 6.1.4 is fast.

DustinT
Jun 15, 2013, 07:36 AM
I work with a bunch of software developers professionally and I've learned a few things about how they do things. I'm going out on a limb here and I'm going to post some of my experiences and maybe it can help bring some more rational thinking to this thread.

Beta means it's not done yet.
Beta means they have enabled all the hidden settings that produce detailed logs. Those logs are used to learn how the OS is behaving in the real world. Enabling these logs consumes CPU power, storage and battery life. So, the trade off is, more data for the developers to debug with and, in exchange, we increase the load on our devices. THIS WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR PHONE.
Beta means it's not optimized yet. They're still tweaking this thing and they will fix the bugs, battery issues, etc...
Beta means it can and will change. Consider this a sneak preview... The final product won't look exactly like Beta 1.
Beta means all the third party developers get code to start testing against. Do you want all your apps to have new and amazing iOS 7 updates soon? Those guys need the beta code to test with and learn from. Everyone knows it's gonna change, but they use it anyway because it's the best version available at the time.
Beta means be patient... It's coming... Wait for it.

Ashin
Jun 15, 2013, 09:16 AM
My iPhone 4 is smooth as hell on iOS6... but that's because I am jailbroken and removed all the useless LaunchDaemons clogging it up, as well as the buggy Safari daemons.

adztaylor
Jun 15, 2013, 02:17 PM
iOS 7 is nice, but you forget just how fast and smooth iOS 6.1.4 is. The animations do need to speed up. Hopefully Apple will fine tune it in future releases.

nephron8
Jun 15, 2013, 02:22 PM
My iPhone 4 is smooth as hell on iOS6... but that's because I am jailbroken and removed all the useless LaunchDaemons clogging it up, as well as the buggy Safari daemons.

Would you tell us how to do it.
I am unaware of how to do it.