PDA

View Full Version : My folders have a pink tint

Cody.cackler
Jun 12, 2013, 08:35 PM
I have a weird thing going on with my ios 7 beta. When I look at other people's screenshots there folders have a nice Greyish white tint, but my folders have a distinct pink tint to them that I hate. Anybody else having this issue, or know what's causing it. Changing the background makes no difference.

Tom G.
Jun 12, 2013, 08:47 PM
Pink has a calming effect. Do you feel calmer? :D

xcodeaddict
Jun 12, 2013, 08:49 PM
What do they taste of when you lick 'em? Try it and see, the report it to Apple.

sigamy
Jun 12, 2013, 08:52 PM
What if you change the background and then power the phone off/on?

Cody.cackler
Jun 12, 2013, 08:53 PM
No change

kerrikins
Jun 12, 2013, 08:54 PM
Looking at it, I think it's because of your wallpaper. Look at the blur right behind the 'Games' folder - it's a similar colour, just the folder seems to be solidly that colour.

Try changing the wallpaper if you're not happy with what the folders are picking up.

Edit: If it's not changing, it's probably just buggy. Mine changes depending on my wallpaper.

Cody.cackler
Jun 12, 2013, 08:58 PM
I've changed from solid white to solid black with no changes.

sigamy
Jun 12, 2013, 09:28 PM
I've changed from solid white to solid black with no changes.

After changing wallpaper did you create any new folders? I find this bug interesting and I'm not sure why...

staccato83
Jun 12, 2013, 09:33 PM
Try taking all apps out of the folders and then restart. Create folders again. See if that works.

charlituna
Jun 12, 2013, 09:36 PM
this is a beta so bugs are expected. report it to Apple, there isn't much else you can do.

Cody.cackler
Jun 12, 2013, 09:48 PM
Fixed it, Decided to just reinstall IOS 7 and it fixed the issue, must have been a problem when i first updated to IOS 7. Weird issue, but to be expected with a beta.

Rogifan
Jun 12, 2013, 09:57 PM
Do app folders look like this in beta 1?

http://i40.tinypic.com/2w6thl5.jpg

rmeadejr
Jun 12, 2013, 09:59 PM
Do app folders look like this in beta 1?

Image (http://i40.tinypic.com/2w6thl5.jpg)

yes

Rogifan
Jun 12, 2013, 10:01 PM
yes

So no colored tint based on background? I like that.

rmeadejr
Jun 12, 2013, 10:07 PM
So no colored tint based on background? I like that.

no colored tint. you can sorta see your background.

critic81
Jun 12, 2013, 10:13 PM
If you do a hard reset it will fix the folder color issue

spartanrob
Jul 8, 2013, 12:25 PM
Just updated to Beta 3 and my folders are pink. didn't have a problem on Beta 2. Any one else? Reboot didn't solve

Erphern
Jul 8, 2013, 12:53 PM
Just updated to Beta 3 and my folders are pink. didn't have a problem on Beta 2. Any one else? Reboot didn't solve

General->Reset->Erase All Content and Settings fixed it for me.

MarcBook
Jul 8, 2013, 01:04 PM
General->Reset->Erase All Content and Settings fixed it for me.

Are you being serious or just trolling? That'll return the phone to factory settings... :confused:

Erphern
Jul 8, 2013, 02:24 PM
Are you being serious or just trolling? That'll return the phone to factory settings... :confused:

Serious. Mine had the pink tint too after applying the update OTA, so I wiped the phone and the pink tint was gone. Make of that what you will. *shrug*

kevingaffney
Jul 8, 2013, 02:24 PM
Same problem here, a horrible brown in iPhone and equally horrible blue on iPad. Same background on each. Anyone found an easy fix as I don't feel like a fresh install

rnbgrilla
Jul 9, 2013, 12:54 AM
I have a weird thing going on with my ios 7 beta. When I look at other people's screenshots there folders have a nice Greyish white tint, but my folders have a distinct pink tint to them that I hate. Anybody else having this issue, or know what's causing it. Changing the background makes no difference.

That happens to me too, only when the photo has a lot of black & white,? Or a b&w photo in all, then it turns pink, but try useing another photo it goes back regular,

Nipz
Jul 9, 2013, 01:12 AM
Mine have a blue tint... i have the stock image of the beach as my home screen. Maybe it picks a colour to tint the folders to make them easier to see? Always found beta 2 folders hard to see.

Cayennr
Jul 9, 2013, 01:23 AM
My folders have a blue tint on a gray-ish pattern background.

alanjfrancis
Jul 9, 2013, 01:27 AM
Mine are blue too, but go grey when you open them up.

Krayzie116
Jul 9, 2013, 09:41 AM
Mine is green with of my photo of my girlfriend that I had some effects to and if I use the Apple default space photo its blue. Think I should do a clean install again.

It looks like with different photos its different folder colors I had one of my girlfriend picture she had a orange shirt and the folders where like a orange color. Maybe it go by what the photo has the most color in them :confused: lol

iBreatheApple
Jul 9, 2013, 10:02 AM
Albeit not that important, I absolutely hate the overall look of folders in iOS 7 thus far. I don't mind the nine icons per page, but I don't think the frosted look goes well with the UI such as NC and other instances.

zmagik
Jul 9, 2013, 10:51 AM
I think those tints look great why are people trying to get rid of them?

AnotherBrian
Jul 9, 2013, 11:31 AM
iOS 7 has a new mood sensor, that is why it's pink.

kevingaffney
Jul 9, 2013, 11:55 AM
It's a bit of a nuisance that your favourite wallpaper is spoiled by crappy coloured folders. Can see this being improved on before gm. I've tried a few different wallpapers today on both iPad and iPhone with some disappointing results thanks to the crappy folders

Nipz
Jul 9, 2013, 11:56 AM
It's a bit of a nuisance that your favourite wallpaper is spoiled by crappy coloured folders. Can see this being improved on before gm. I've tried a few different wallpapers today on both iPad and iPhone with some disappointing results thanks to the crappy folders

How would you improve them?