PDA

View Full Version : Aww man, Podcasts are gone from the Music App

filmfanatic24
Jun 12, 2013, 08:44 PM
Now I'm going to have to download the horrible Apple Podcast App, aren't I?

siurpeeman
Jun 12, 2013, 08:47 PM
plenty of good podcasting apps out there.

filmfanatic24
Jun 12, 2013, 08:53 PM
Examples? Preferably free?

I "manually" sync my phone every morning so I use iTunes to download all my podcasts. I really only needed the music app to organize them and play them.

madsci954
Jun 12, 2013, 08:59 PM
Spend the few bucks on Downcast, worth every penny.

filmfanatic24
Jun 12, 2013, 09:00 PM
Spend the few bucks on Downcast, worth every penny.

Even if I'm not managing/downloading podcasts in app?

chrf097
Jun 12, 2013, 09:01 PM
Now I'm going to have to download the horrible Apple Podcast App, aren't I?

Hasn't it been out for a long time?

filmfanatic24
Jun 12, 2013, 09:02 PM
Hasn't it been out for a long time?

Not if you didn't install the Apple Podcasts App. They were just hiding under "more."

tygrubb
Jun 12, 2013, 09:05 PM
Yeah, podcasts in Music went the way of the dodo for iOS6 (or was it even 5). Anyhoo, Downcast is awesome. Doesn't sync with iTunes, but does sync with itself on your other devices via iCloud. So just set it up once on one device and enable iCloud syncing on the others.

Vertigo50
Jun 12, 2013, 09:08 PM
I've heard great things about Downcast, but my personal vote is iCatcher. The developer is constantly responding to feature requests and it keeps getting better every day. Meanwhile, it was already the best podcast app two years ago, in my opinion. It's phenomenal.

filmfanatic24
Jun 12, 2013, 09:09 PM
Yeah, podcasts in Music went the way of the dodo for iOS6 (or was it even 5). Anyhoo, Downcast is awesome. Doesn't sync with iTunes, but does sync with itself on your other devices via iCloud. So just set it up once on one device and enable iCloud syncing on the others.

I was just on 6.1.4 and listening to them in the Music App, so they were still there for sure.

So can I download podcasts via a web based system or is a program I put on the Mac?

I guess maybe I need to migrate from the ways of the stone age and give up iTunes for podcasts.

sick z33
Jun 12, 2013, 09:15 PM
I've heard great things about Downcast, but my personal vote is iCatcher. The developer is constantly responding to feature requests and it keeps getting better every day. Meanwhile, it was already the best podcast app two years ago, in my opinion. It's phenomenal.

+1 on iCatcher.

filmfanatic24
Jun 12, 2013, 09:21 PM
Thanks guys, I'll give it a try.

I guess I'll have to give up my morning ritual of plugging my phone into my computer.