PDA

View Full Version : iOS 7: FAQ, Changelog & Screenshots

lolkthxbai
Jun 12, 2013, 09:32 PM
iOS 7 is officially in beta!

Many forum members are curious as to what is new in the latest version of iOS 7 so I decided to start a thread with an FAQ, a changelog and screenshots!
(Yes, I saw the sticky thread here (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1593268). But I felt like making one of my own. If any MODs feel differently, I'll happily abandon it.)

FAQ:

What is "iOS 7"?
iOS 7 is next generation operating system (OS) for the iPhone, iPad and iPod. iOS 7 was unveiled at WWDC 2013 in San Francisco, California on June 10th.

So, how do I get it?
Well, iOS 7 is in beta and as usual Apple has made iOS 7 beta only available to registered developers.

But my friend has it and he's not really a developer!
For whatever reason, some people have decided to pay the $99 registration fee and have become an official developer just to get access to the beta. Others have also paid for UDID slots to register their device on a developers account and then downloaded the beta from an unofficial source. If you are not intending to actually develop and test your own app on iOS 7 then it is not recommended you try to install it on your device. Any requests or offers for UDID slots is prohibited on these forums. See here (http://forums.macrumors.com/announcement.php?f=165) for more info.

Then when will it be available?
This Fall. No more information was given by Apple.

Is my device compatible with iOS 7?
Currently, the only devices compatible iOS 7 Beta 1 are:
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)

Although iPad is not listed, it is expected to be available sometime soon.
Compatibility with iOS 7 is subject to change.

CHANGELOG

Springboard
- The default font used across iOS 7 is Heveltica Neue Light
- All stock apps have had their icons redesigned with a flatter and brighter look.
- The signal bars in the system menu bar has been replaced with 5 circles from left to right.
- While charging, a new pulsating bright green lighting bolt icon appears to the right of the battery in the system menu bar.
- Spotlight search has been moved to the top of every springboard page accessible by pulling down from anywhere in the homescreen outside the dock and system menu bar.
- The dock has replaced the glass shelf with a translucent background.
- App names no longer have a drop shadow.

Compass
- A new second page in the compass app reveals a level tool.