Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tm1992

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Hey guys, when I upgraded to iOS 7, I assumed my phone did a backup sync right before I was upgrading, but it turns out it didn't. My last backup is from the end of March for iOS 6, and when I try to backup from last night, it says the software is too old (iOS 7 is the only recent backup..). Is there anyone who knows how to edit the plist info so I can use the iOS 7 backup on 6.1.4? I've tried using an editor, but since my most recent backup was on 6.1.2, I'm out of luck.. Thanks.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
You can't force a newer version iOS backup onto an older version. It just won't work. iOS wouldn't know what to do with the new unknown backup data and it would just crash.

richard6r

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2013
You can pull off the data from iOS 7 backup using third party software that allows this. iExplorer is one of them. It isn't what you want but if you needed some specific things like notes or contacts the option is available to you. take note you need to register to use premium features. :) good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.