PDA

View Full Version : I feel like a giant loud, obnoxious popup is required for this section

chrf097
Jun 12, 2013, 10:48 PM
In flashing red text it reads:

"iOS 7 IS IN BETA 1. YES, 3RD PARTY APPS WILL BE BROKEN, YES THERE WILL BE PERFORMANCE ISSUES, YES THERE WILL BE BATTERY LIFE ISSUES, BECAUSE IOS 7 IS *NOT* COMPLETE AND IS IN BETA."

Too many people are treating iOS 7 Beta 1 as if it's the absolute final release.

Seriously people.

ZacNicholson
Jun 12, 2013, 10:56 PM
I agree, but I think this happened in ios 6 and 5 too. People just can't wait to try something out when they really have no reason to.

DDustiNN
Jun 12, 2013, 10:59 PM
In flashing red text it reads:

"iOS 7 IS IN BETA 1. YES, 3RD PARTY APPS WILL BE BROKEN, YES THERE WILL BE PERFORMANCE ISSUES, YES THERE WILL BE BATTERY LIFE ISSUES, BECAUSE IOS 7 IS *NOT* COMPLETE AND IS IN BETA."

Too many people are treating iOS 7 Beta 1 as if it's the absolute final release.

Seriously people.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows it's a beta. I don't think anyone has been complaining about stuff, rather they're just pointing out bugs (devs report those, you know). These need to be known in order to be fixed.

So, constantly pointing out that it's a beta is rather pointless. Everyone knows things will be messed up. It's good for everyone to post these issues. That way, those issues can be narrowed down by device, consistency, etc. The more people who point them out, the higher chance more devs will report the bugs, and the faster they will be fixed.

Basically... Calm yourself.

chrf097
Jun 12, 2013, 11:09 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone knows it's a beta. I don't think anyone has been complaining about stuff, rather they're just pointing out bugs (devs report those, you know). These need to be known in order to be fixed.

So, constantly pointing out that it's a beta is rather pointless. Everyone knows things will be messed up. It's good for everyone to post these issues. That way, those issues can be narrowed down by device, consistency, etc. The more people who point them out, the higher chance more devs will report the bugs, and the faster they will be fixed.

Basically... Calm yourself.

You haven't read enough threads then.

There's a difference between pointing out bugs in iOS 7 (which we have a thread for) vs. complaining about "issues".

rmeadejr
Jun 12, 2013, 11:12 PM
You haven't read enough threads then.

There's a difference between pointing out bugs in iOS 7 (which we have a thread for) vs. complaining about "issues".

i agree with you.