Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 1, 2013
I thought there was a way to do this, it's odd having one app have a page to itself.

eaglesteve

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2009
I think any application that comes with the OS can't be deleted. You could hide it inside a folder. This should not be a big deal.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
It's odd though, because if you have it in a folder than it's Folder -> Newstand -> App. Feels like a double folder, I'd really prefer just being able to delete it or take apps out of it, but oh well. Even with JB it popped back out every time I had to respring, so this is a step up, at least.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can't delete Newsstand.
Not sure anyone really said that you could, just as you never could delete any of the stock Apple apps.

You could on the other hand put it into a folder, like you can do with any other app (which you couldn't do before). So, put it in a folder with other Apple (Utilities) apps and you are done.

</thread>

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
I definitely understand the frustration with not being able to delete core apps, but the ability to add Newsstand to a folder and put as many apps as you like in a folder should help alleviate the issues with core apps cluttering up your screens.

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
It's a first world problem of having 3 pages of apps that are mostly full. It thematically fits on my home screen, but I never use it. I'd rather throw it in a folder with the stocks app and others I don't use.
Yes, but why did you have it sitting on your home screen when it annoys you so much?

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Yes, but why did you have it sitting on your home screen when it annoys you so much?

It's the fact that I can't throw it into my utilities folder or delete it that annoys me. Why does Apple still preload it if no one uses it? In any case, I've gotten used to it being there in the 6 months I've been using iOS, and iOS 7 will resolve my need to organize my apps.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 1, 2013
Not sure anyone really said that you could, just as you never could delete any of the stock Apple apps.

You could on the other hand put it into a folder, like you can do with any other app (which you couldn't do before). So, put it in a folder with other Apple (Utilities) apps and you are done.

</thread>

I already did, did you read the thread? :confused:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
People said putting Newsstand in a folder would cause the phone to restart.
Is this in relation to iOS 6 or iOS 7?

As mentioned a number of times, in iOS 7 you can move the Newsstand as you can any other Apple stock app--put in a folder if you want to.

In iOS 6, putting in the folder wasn't officially supported, but there were glitches that allowed you to do it (with some side-effects occasionally if you actually used the Newsstand afterwards), and some other hacks or actual jailbreak tweaks that would do it. None of that really applies to iOS 7.

In neither of the versions can you actually delete it as it's a stock app.

That's really all there's to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.