Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dt808

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I actually really enjoy iOS7 besides the battery drain, but immediately after using it I became dizzy and started to get a bad headache.

Whenever I start using the phone, I feel dizzy again..

Not trolling here, this is a serious question. Anyone else?

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I actually really enjoy iOS7 besides the battery drain, but immediately after using it I became dizzy and started to get a bad headache.

Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
not for me, but i can definitely see where the color saturation, color contrast between background and writing and other things could cause this. i was actually thinking about this same thing yesterday.

DavidMarks

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2013

It's like the TV effect: The Gamma rays from your screen are eating your brain cells off! Just kidding ;)

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007

I had to turn off the motion. I didn't realize I was becoming dizzy until I used iOS 7 for a few hours. I had a hard time focusing on my screen, thinking my eyes were fatigued, but the sensation went away after I enabled "reduce motion". I also had to revert to a "static" wallpaper, as the dynamic ones also caused visual discomfort. Lastly, the new animations don't help our brain adjust to the new OS.

You sound to have a more serious condition than I had. I have a feeling if you enable "reduce motion" and use a static wallpaper, your brain will adjust and the sickness will end.

Last edited:

dt808

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I had to turn off the motion. I didn't realize I was becoming dizzy until I used iOS 7 for a few hours. I had a hard time focusing on my screen, thinking my eyes were fatigued, but the sensation went away after I enabled "reduce motion". Additionally, the new animations don't help our brain adjust to the new OS, which can cause some visual disorientation.

You sound to have a more serious condition than I had, hopefully reducing motion and using the OS for longer will eliminate your headaches.

Ahh, glad to hear I'm not alone.

Yea, hopefully I get used to it and reduce motion works out.

iOS7 is pretty neat though, miss my jailbreak, just a little..

dt808

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I found the movement annoying. I turned it off, and made a huge difference. Hope this works for you, I bet it will!

Hell yea! I don't feel dizzy at all anymore, plus I also reset all the settings and my battery is normal again.

Woohoo! Can't wait for beta 2.

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
Kind of a bummer to hear that people are getting motion sickness, as I frequently get motion sick from watching 3D video games (can't even watch people play Halo for 10 minutes without feeling incredibly nauseated), usually am not able to stomach 3D movies, and even have problems snorkeling! I think the new motion features sound cool (haven't installed it on my phone), but I am sure I will be one of the ones complaining about getting a headache and having to shut it all down. Bummer!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Kind of a bummer to hear that people are getting motion sickness, as I frequently get motion sick from watching 3D video games (can't even watch people play Halo for 10 minutes without feeling incredibly nauseated), usually am not able to stomach 3D movies, and even have problems snorkeling! I think the new motion features sound cool (haven't installed it on my phone), but I am sure I will be one of the ones complaining about getting a headache and having to shut it all down. Bummer!
As long as it's just a feature that can be enabled or disabled, then it's all good really.

D

dkmtoronto

I'm another one who normally avoids 3D games, though 3D movies are tolerable. The new iOS 7 release today has me frustrated. I've switched on 'Reduce Motion' and also chosen a static wallpaper. Still, the full-screen zooms leave me feeling a little motion sick after each session with the iPhone. I'll give it another try tomorrow. If my experience then is like today's, I'll need to be rid of iOS 7 somehow, in software, hardware, or both.

betabeta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
Yeah the parallax motion is not helpful in the least whereas the drop shadows gave a pleasant look to the screen and made your wallpaper work better.

Why not a choice of either drop shadows or parallax (motion) how the heck could that hurt anything.

I really miss the drop shadows:(

oldcelt

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2011
UK
Really glad its not just me feeling travel sick!
Thanks for the tips, have disabled zooming in settings.
Hate to think the effect this might have on someone after a heavy night out!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.