PDA

View Full Version : You must return your scratched pod!

thobday
Nov 4, 2005, 05:31 AM
I have done, with no problems what so ever, Apple were very happy to help. I had a new one within 5 days.

I love my pod (this is my 4th) and was extremely gutted when the scratches started from day one. It is not suppose to happen, I donít care what anyone says.

If you have scratches send it back, grab a MF or invisible shield. And then you can through it around like you old one. If you really want to.

JDOG_
Nov 4, 2005, 10:56 AM
Yeah stick it to the man!

Kind of silly though. You're just going to scratch up the new one too :D

balamw
Nov 4, 2005, 11:42 AM
You're just going to scratch up the new one too :D

Guess you missed the following advice

grab a MF or invisible shield. And then you can through it around like you old one.

I presume Apple would just sell the scratched up ones as refurbs. If they were very scratched up and couldn't be polished, they can probably replace the housing. Most of the cost has to be in the display and HD, no?

B

JDOG_
Nov 4, 2005, 12:01 PM
Guess you missed the following advice

I didn't miss it, I just don't see why you didn't just do this in the first place. :p

Josh396
Nov 4, 2005, 01:46 PM
I presume Apple would just sell the scratched up ones as refurbs. If they were very scratched up and couldn't be polished, they can probably replace the housing. Most of the cost has to be in the display and HD, no?

B
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It can't cost them much to just pop off the cover and put a new one on.

balamw
Nov 4, 2005, 02:00 PM
I didn't miss it, I just don't see why you didn't just do this in the first place. :p
I did.

I learned from my 4G (which got scratched to heck in 2 weeks) and did just that. I didn't free my 5G from the plastic until I got my MF protectors. Now I treat it a bit less gently, though I still usually keep it in the Apple case.

B

applerocks
Nov 4, 2005, 04:38 PM
I did.

I learned from my 4G (which got scratched to heck in 2 weeks) and did just that. I didn't free my 5G from the plastic until I got my MF protectors. Now I treat it a bit less gently, though I still usually keep it in the Apple case.

B

Yep, me two. For now until more cases come out, mine generally stays in the case or sleeve or whatever they want to call it that comes with.