Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jragyn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
STATS: iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), iOS 6.1.3 Jailbroken with evasi0n SEMI-TETHERED.

I'm away from home and my phone didn't charge overnight, so it died. Fortunately, I have the BigBoss Semitether patch from Cydia so it was able to boot again with limited functionality. I can't use Cydia or any jailbreak tweaks until I can boot tethered, which I'm ok with. But I was trying to clean up my notification center when I made a boo-boo.

I wanted fewer things to show in my NC, so I was taking things out and ended up pulling the LocationHolic (a jailbreak tweak) toggle into the "on" section of the notification center. The moment I hit "Done" my phone crashed, but rebooted thanks to the semitether patch. However, when it boots, I only have about 30 seconds before it loads up the NC again and crashes all over again because it can't load the LocationHolic tweak into NC.

I've tried using that 30 second delay to quickly enter settings and try to Edit the NC settings page again, but even in edit mode, it's no help. The second the list loads, it crashes and reboots.

What can I do? I know when I get home, I can tether-boot and do an uninstall/reinstall of LocationHolic. Will that work? Also, what about NOW? Is there ANYTHING at all I can do that will let my phone stay on. I've tried Mobile Substrate Safe Mode (so I can disable the tweak) by holding Volume Up during the boot, but Safe Mode won't work on a semitethered boot.

Does anyone know anything I can do 1) for NOW to make my phone work semitethered with basic functionality, and 2) Will and uninstall/reinstall of LH reset what I did so that FUTURE semitethered reboots will be safe??

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.