PDA

View Full Version : App Store is Fixed! At least on rMBP!

renosausage
Jun 13, 2013, 04:04 AM
I am here to announce that the Mac App Store is so much more snappier with 10.9 on my rMBP.

Before 10.9 I use to hate even checking for update because I knew it would take forever to load. I only get about 1.83 mb/s on my home internet connection.

But since the update, the Mac App Store is certainly lot faster and loads up very quickly. I makes browsing for Apps a much more enjoyable experience.

THANK YOU APPLE, I hope this just gets better and better.

If there is anything someone may want me to check out on 10.9 please let me know.

Sym0
Jun 13, 2013, 04:52 AM
Many of the Apple store type apps download speeds are related to your DNS settings. Apple store there media all around the world on local servers and use your DNS settings to determine which is the closest to you.

I experienced major lag and slow downloads on iPad 3 and iTunes on W7 and realised I have changed my DNS settings to Googles servers which pointed my iTunes purchased to an overseas server which was slow.

Since using my ISP recommended settings I get easily over 4MB/s downloads, sometimes more.

I am on 100Mbit cable.

5t3f4n
Jun 13, 2013, 12:51 PM
I've noticed this as well.
The App Store looks identical so I don't know where the speed improvements come from.
Same machine, same Internet connection, same network settings.

Not dramatically faster like iOS 7 App Store compared to iOS 6, but noticeable.

MikhailT
Jun 14, 2013, 10:25 PM
Many of the Apple store type apps download speeds are related to your DNS settings. Apple store there media all around the world on local servers and use your DNS settings to determine which is the closest to you.

I experienced major lag and slow downloads on iPad 3 and iTunes on W7 and realised I have changed my DNS settings to Googles servers which pointed my iTunes purchased to an overseas server which was slow.

Since using my ISP recommended settings I get easily over 4MB/s downloads, sometimes more.

I am on 100Mbit cable.

He's not talking about download speeds, he's talking about the browsing experience in the app itself, not the same problem as you're describing.