PDA

View Full Version : Battery life

photogpab
Jun 13, 2013, 07:42 AM
Having a huge problem with battery life and hoping someone can offer help or advice.

I know it's a beta but when I was on iOS 6 I would charge my phone to 100% and leave it unplugged overnight and wake up with about 88%-92%. Almost no battery usage. On any average day my usage would be 8-9 hours (sometimes more)

Yesterday I charged my iPhone to 100% with iOS 7 and when I woke up this morning it was at 17%.

I've been using the phone for about 10 minutes and I've dropped to 8%. It's eating through the battery incredibly fast. my usage is not even 3 hours yet.

Something is clearly wrong. I know it's a beta but I've never experienced this with other betas.

Any advice please??

Paradoxally
Jun 13, 2013, 07:44 AM
That's not normal. Did you restore from a backup?

photogpab
Jun 13, 2013, 07:46 AM
Before I installed iOS 7 I restored iOS 6 as a 'new phone' and then updated to iOS 7.

eaglesteve
Jun 13, 2013, 07:47 AM
OP, I have done quite a bit of experimentation on battery life which might be useful to you.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1595716

AdamA9
Jun 13, 2013, 07:50 AM
Turn off background app refresh.

Yesterday I went from 100% to 31% in two hours. Today 100% to 81% in two hours with it off.

photogpab
Jun 13, 2013, 07:56 AM
Adam - ok just did that. Let's see if it helps.

I am down to 2% with total usage of 2 hours and 48 minutes. Incredible. I haven't even used the phone! I was asleep.

bpc101
Jun 13, 2013, 08:34 AM
Had exactly the same experience... Charged multiple times yesterday 20% losses within an hour.

Turned off background app refresh and automatic downloads for Apps and its only lost 12% in 7 hours!

:cool:

rvancil
Jun 13, 2013, 08:56 AM
Installed iOS 7 yesterday...For a Beta 1 on a totally new OS this thing is fantastic! My battery life doesn't seem to be effected at all so far. Basically all the good parts of Android, done up prettier, and put into iOS...Love it!

photogpab
Jun 13, 2013, 09:02 AM
Had exactly the same experience... Charged multiple times yesterday 20% losses within an hour.

Turned off background app refresh and automatic downloads for Apps and its only lost 12% in 7 hours!

Let me try that

----------

Installed iOS 7 yesterday...For a Beta 1 on a totally new OS this thing is fantastic! My battery life doesn't seem to be effected at all so far. Basically all the good parts of Android, done up prettier, and put into iOS...Love it!

I like iOS 7 but the battery problem I'm experiencing is bizarre. Never had a problem like this in all my years owning an iPhone.

batting1000
Jun 13, 2013, 09:05 AM
I like iOS 7 but the battery problem I'm experiencing is bizarre. Never had a problem like this in all my years owning an iPhone.

Of course, because no phones are released running beta software. :rolleyes:

imaginex20
Jun 13, 2013, 09:15 AM
I can attest that resetting all settings will fix battery life and keep your data. My phone would hardly last a few hours under iOS 7 beta.

I will know more though out the day, but this seems to be the fix

SprSynJn
Jun 13, 2013, 09:27 AM

Yesterday I went from 100% to 31% in two hours. Today 100% to 81% in two hours with it off.

Is that feature only in iOS 7?

batting1000
Jun 13, 2013, 09:32 AM
Is that feature only in iOS 7?

Background app refresh? Yes, it's a new feature of multitasking.

photogpab
Jun 13, 2013, 09:36 AM
Of course, because no phones are released running beta software. :rolleyes:

I know but I never had issues like this with iOS 6 betas. Just saying there must be a glitch I can fix because battery issues are expected but not like this - and a lot of people are experiencing great battery life so...

batting1000
Jun 13, 2013, 09:39 AM
I know but I never had issues like this with iOS 6 betas. Just saying there must be a glitch I can fix because battery issues are expected but not like this - and a lot of people are experiencing great battery life so...

Really? Where? :o Everyone uses their phone different so YMMV.

Give it a couple betas or until the GM to see improvements, although I'm personally hoping the next beta offers some sort of improvement.

pugnut
Jun 13, 2013, 10:00 AM
I found that if you disable the "Show All" under Setting==>iTunes&App Stores it saves some battery- Enabled it automatically puts the purchased music and video in the apps for automatic download. If disabled and you want to re-download you need to go to the purchased tab in iTunes.

iMas70
Jun 13, 2013, 10:12 AM
I installed iOS 7 last night then made a phone call right after everything updated. I was on the phone for 3 hours and 16 minutes. The phone was at 100% when I started and 8% when I hung up.

DDustiNN
Jun 13, 2013, 10:21 AM

I turned off both of those features on Tuesday night. Wednesday, my phone still had horrid battery life. It would drain like 1% every 10 mins or so, while the phone was completely inactive on my desk. Then if I'd use it for a couple minutes, it would get incredibly hot.

On iOS 6, my phone would last me from 7 am to midnight with average usage. With iOS 7, my phone was down to 1% when I left work at 5:30, and I barely even used it all day.

So I'm not sure that's the actual fix.

braddick
Jun 13, 2013, 10:30 AM

I swear, I've been looking all over how to do so and can't locate it. Please provide guidance!

DDustiNN
Jun 13, 2013, 10:31 AM
I swear, I've been looking all over how to do so and can't locate it. Please provide guidance!

I think it was in Settings --> General

The Tos
Jun 13, 2013, 10:34 AM

Go to Settings->General->background app refresh

braddick
Jun 13, 2013, 10:35 AM
Ah, there it is!
Thanks much. (I only had stocks and weather on, but switched them off anyway.)

Let's see if that'll make a difference.

iMas70
Jun 13, 2013, 11:49 AM
I just had another long call after posting. 1 hour 16 minutes. Battery went from 83% to 36%.

filmfanatic24
Jun 13, 2013, 11:54 AM
Strange, my battery *seems* to be the same if not better.

I'm at 75% right now with 2 hours 26 min of usage and 5 hours 5 min of standby.

recklesslife85
Jun 13, 2013, 11:55 AM
There's nothing you can do guys. It's a problem within the new code. Don't like it then go back to ios6 ;) have to wait for beta 2 and hope it's fixed.

photogpab
Jun 13, 2013, 11:58 AM

It is strange the different results people seem to be getting. I turned everything that was mentioned above off and I've been stuck at 100% for a while now.

Definitely not dropping as fast as it had been. Hope this means that turning off automatic downloads, etc fixed the battery issue.

Luuthian
Jun 13, 2013, 12:03 PM
I've had no battery problems either, but I have virtually everything that would run in the background off. The only option I have on is auto updates and it's definitely not affecting my battery.

Must be a fairly specific bug that people are finding and getting stuck with. Phone reboot doesn't help?

Cayennr
Jun 13, 2013, 12:06 PM

Indeed, I too get pretty good usage and standby time considering this is the first beta.

megalaser
Jun 13, 2013, 12:16 PM
It's CPU usage that's the problem, I have a CPU monitor installed and after a while some process is sending the CPU into overdrive, when I do a hard reset it starts off at around 15%, then when the CPU goes crazy it's 70% or higher making the phone warm and the battery drain.

Will2145
Jun 13, 2013, 12:17 PM
I'm at 3 hours and 35 mins usage with 73% left and 11 hour standby but the thing is I didn't do anything why is my usage going up

Mdifilm
Jun 13, 2013, 12:24 PM
Today is the first day after installing ios7 yesterday afternoon on my 4s, I have disabled background refresh, and got out of the house at 7am, and right now 1:23pm still got 48% left, only talked once for 2 mins, checked facebook, checked in on foursquare.

megalaser
Jun 13, 2013, 12:27 PM
The battery life sucks and it's a beta, also smoking is bad for you and so is McDonalds for every meal.

CristobalHuet
Jun 13, 2013, 12:31 PM
Enable "Reduce Motion" under Accessibility helped for me. No more cool wallpaper effect, but battery has been saved until they iron out the performance issues.

DDustiNN
Jun 13, 2013, 01:39 PM
It's CPU usage that's the problem, I have a CPU monitor installed and after a while some process is sending the CPU into overdrive, when I do a hard reset it starts off at around 15%, then when the CPU goes crazy it's 70% or higher making the phone warm and the battery drain.

That's exactly what I've noticed. It's fine for a while, but then at some point my phone suddenly becomes very warm and the battery just starts dropping fast. After doing a hard reset (hold power + Home until restart), it is good for a while.

Anyway, do you know what service that is? That may help narrow it down. I'd like to report it as a bug on the dev site.

I had horrible battery life the past 2 days. Today it started to get bad, then at lunch time I completely turned off Location Services. Now I've been sitting at 75% for a good hour or so, so that may have been the culprit. I'll have to see how it goes for the rest of the day.

And as for the "OMG IT'S BECAUSE IT'S A BETA!" people... we know ;)
It's just nice to narrow down the cause in hope of disabling something, as a workaround, to continue using and testing iOS 7.

lotzosushi
Jun 13, 2013, 01:41 PM
Fresh install of iOS 7 on an iPhone 5 here... horrible battery life. In an hour I went from 99% to 60% from just listening to music and occasional texting. No other apps running on multitask. :/

DDustiNN
Jun 13, 2013, 01:44 PM
Another thought I had was that maybe the Background App Refresh is bugged, since it's still so new. I was thinking that maybe, even though I have switched it off, it is still activating, and then gets stuck in a loop of constantly refreshing some particular app(s), causing the battery life to quickly deplete.

But if the previous poster says he was only using one single app, maybe that thought is inaccurate.

filmfanatic24
Jun 13, 2013, 01:51 PM
Mine is now starting to plummet, but I had turned a few location services on.

PNutts
Jun 13, 2013, 01:53 PM
There's nothing you can do guys. It's a problem within the new code. Don't like it then go back to ios6 ;) have to wait for beta 2 and hope it's fixed.

Not true and don't post misinformation.

SuperRob
Jun 13, 2013, 01:56 PM
As in previous betas, sometimes syncing of things like calendars and contacts gets stuck. I had terrible battery life when I first installed, and my phone was uncomfortably warm. When I got a few texts that had only numbers and not names, I checked and I was missing all of my personal contacts on my secondary iCloud account. I removed, added it back, and not only did the contacts finally sync, but the overheating stopped and my battery life went down to what I would consider normal.

beaniemyman
Jun 13, 2013, 02:10 PM
did a little research, couldn't find anything useful. i think you should wait for Beta 2 and hope that it solves your issue.

photogpab
Jun 13, 2013, 02:32 PM
Well I spoke too soon...

Usage: 1 hour 4 min
Battery: 65%

I have everything previously mentioned turned off, did a few hard restarts, reset all settings...

I don't know. I know it's a beta (no need to repeat that a million times btw) but some folks are clearly claiming to have great battery life so I wish I knew what was wrong with mine.

SuperRob
Jun 13, 2013, 02:34 PM
Try removing your iCloud or Mail, Contacts, and Calendars accounts and adding them back again.

photogpab
Jun 13, 2013, 02:45 PM
Try removing your iCloud or Mail, Contacts, and Calendars accounts and adding them back again.

Alright just tried it

dt808
Jun 13, 2013, 03:02 PM
I went from 95% to 45% in 2.5 hours. I disabled reduce motion and went to General > reset > reset all settings and I have normal battery life again.

Try doing that!

recklesslife85
Jun 13, 2013, 03:09 PM
Not true and don't post misinformation.

Erm its a BETA, it's not optimised in the slightest so yes I'm right. Don't moan about battery life on betas. Only apple can fix it not the end user.

filmfanatic24
Jun 13, 2013, 03:12 PM
I went from 95% to 45% in 2.5 hours. I disabled reduce motion and went to General > reset > reset all settings and I have normal battery life again.

Try doing that!

You disabled "Reduce Motion" or you enabled it? It's disabled by default.

dt808
Jun 13, 2013, 03:20 PM
You disabled "Reduce Motion" or you enabled it? It's disabled by default.

If it is disabled by default, it definitely wasn't disabled by default on mine.

I have it off.

SuperRob
Jun 13, 2013, 03:44 PM
If it is disabled by default, it definitely wasn't disabled by default on mine.

I have it off.

It's a badly worded setting. If "Reduce Motion" is ON, then the parallax scrolling effect is OFF. If "Reduce Motion" is off (which it is by default), then the parallax scrolling effect is on.

megalaser
Jun 13, 2013, 04:28 PM
I thought we were discussing it not moaning and by the way . . . . is it a beta?

photogpab
Jun 13, 2013, 09:10 PM
Phone died at usage: 3 hours and 19 minutes

DDustiNN
Jun 13, 2013, 10:07 PM
Well guys, I don't know if this is coincidence or what, but after doing a "reset all settings", my battery has dramatically improved. It feels like it's possibly back to iOS 6 usage level. Will see for sure tomorrow if it holds up.

throys
Jun 13, 2013, 11:52 PM
Battery been kind of good for me last couple days with a full retsore and reset

photogpab
Jun 14, 2013, 11:13 PM
Day 2, everything is still turned off (automatic updates, etc). Phone died with usage of LESS than 3 hours. I think the final tally was 2 hours and 52 min.

At this point I've drained the battery a few times. 'Reset all settings' a few times, and my battery continues to drain at lightning speed.

I know it's a beta, but many people are reporting good battery life! So if the beta had a battery bug why isn't it being experience by everyone across the board? Very odd.

Not sure what else I could turn off at this point. I will say that 'resetting all settings' did help. I noticed the battery last a little longer when I did that. But only about an hour longer. Nothing groundbreaking.

BigB82
Jun 15, 2013, 12:42 AM
I have real bad battery life as well just as most are saying where it goes from 100 to like 60 within a hour or two of doing just calls texts and apps, nothing heavy or long.

I just now tried disabling app refresh and every other thing mentioned on this thread.

I am curious if it makes a difference that I upgraded to iOS7 from iOS6 and didn't do a fresh clean install.

Could it be that people who are getting good or better than before did a fresh clean install?

I CAN do that but would rather try the changes first and will know tomorrow if they make a difference or not, if they do great, if not I will try a clean install. I just wish I wouldn't lose all my text.

rmeadejr
Jun 15, 2013, 12:49 AM
I have real bad battery life as well just as most are saying where it goes from 100 to like 60 within a hour or two of doing just calls texts and apps, nothing heavy or long.

I just now tried disabling app refresh and every other thing mentioned on this thread.

I am curious if it makes a difference that I upgraded to iOS7 from iOS6 and didn't do a fresh clean install.

Could it be that people who are getting good or better than before did a fresh clean install?

I CAN do that but would rather try the changes first and will know tomorrow if they make a difference or not, if they do great, if not I will try a clean install. I just wish I wouldn't lose all my text.

i have great battery life over 14 hours today. i always do a clean install.

BigB82
Jun 15, 2013, 01:02 AM
So always setup as new iPhone and manually install apps?

rmeadejr
Jun 15, 2013, 01:07 AM
So always setup as new iPhone and manually install apps?

that is what i do. i also only put the important apps back on. that is why i have no battery issues, no lagging or anything.

hopefully you can get more input to make up your mind.

macachia
Jun 15, 2013, 01:39 AM
there's something considerably weird. I've reset my settings and let me phone charge throughout the night and had 100%. While still being plugged in and just opening mail, it dropped to 95% immediately!

It's driving me mental, I can barely get 3-4 hours out of my iPhone 5 now

recklesslife85
Jun 15, 2013, 05:02 AM
Go back to iOS 6 then. Problem solved. :) I'm sure beta 2 will be better.

newfoundglory
Jun 15, 2013, 06:14 AM
I have an iPhone 4S

Did an *upgrade* from 6 to 7 on Thursday and i've been suffering with terrible battery life since. It was going through about 20% an hour even if it was barely used.

This morning, I did a *restore* of 7 and its fixed all my issues. In fact, battery life seems better than 6 now but will monitor over the next few days.

Dont forget to turn off background updates and bluetooth.

DMH3006
Jun 15, 2013, 07:18 AM
Day 2, everything is still turned off (automatic updates, etc). Phone died with usage of LESS than 3 hours. I think the final tally was 2 hours and 52 min.

At this point I've drained the battery a few times. 'Reset all settings' a few times, and my battery continues to drain at lightning speed.

I know it's a beta, but many people are reporting good battery life! So if the beta had a battery bug why isn't it being experience by everyone across the board? Very odd.

Not sure what else I could turn off at this point. I will say that 'resetting all settings' did help. I noticed the battery last a little longer when I did that. But only about an hour longer. Nothing groundbreaking.

A bug by nature is something trigged by certain conditions which we may or may not be able to reproduce,if your phone is unusable due to this you should really go back to iOS6.

diegommc
Jun 15, 2013, 07:59 AM
My iPhone could fry eggs or potato when just sending messages...

I think I will go back to iOS 6.1.3, and try some other improved betas later.

I think iOS 7 is revolutionary in terms of design and improved features, but beta 1 is definitely not for me.

:(

batting1000
Jun 15, 2013, 08:59 AM
Edit: nvm

Keyhole
Jun 15, 2013, 09:02 AM
My battery is stuck at 100%...

BvizioN
Jun 15, 2013, 09:05 AM
Mine is taking like 6 hours to charge through PC USB port.

BigB82
Jun 15, 2013, 09:30 AM
I'm definitely seeing improvements my first hour this morning not having done a hard clean restore but following the other tips on here to turn off app refresh.

I'm draining about 11% this first hour which I suppose is normal considering I've been doing something or another on it since I unplugged it. Right?

I hope they fix the issue for those who want to keep app refresh on, although it only covers weather and stocks right?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/yqeju5a7.jpg

batting1000
Jun 15, 2013, 09:39 AM
I hope they fix the issue for those who want to keep app refresh on, although it only covers weather and stocks right?

Until developers are able to update their apps to support his in iOS 7, yes.

Holty123
Jun 15, 2013, 09:43 AM
How many are you are devs?

BigB82
Jun 15, 2013, 09:51 AM
Not many I'm sure lol

photogpab
Jun 15, 2013, 03:21 PM
I have an iPhone 4S

Did an *upgrade* from 6 to 7 on Thursday and i've been suffering with terrible battery life since. It was going through about 20% an hour even if it was barely used.

This morning, I did a *restore* of 7 and its fixed all my issues. In fact, battery life seems better than 6 now but will monitor over the next few days.

Dont forget to turn off background updates and bluetooth.

I did an *update* to iOS 7 too. When I tried to *restore* to iOS 7 it said my device was not registered and it got stuck on a white screen.

From that point I had to do a full restore to iOS 6.1.4 and then the only way to get iOS 7 back was by updating.

I've heard that restoring as a 'new phone' fixes the problem but it won't let me on my device.

Btw I have 15% battery at the moment with 2 hours 12 min usage. It's getting worse if that's even possible.

macpro2000
Jun 15, 2013, 10:29 PM
Go back to iOS 6 then. Problem solved. :) I'm sure beta 2 will be better.

I hate to have to do that as well, but it's not just kinda worse, it's horribly worse. I'm always ready for change, but using 7 for a day, the grace is not there, just isn't. I'm sure I'll get used to the simpleness and white, but just plugged my phone in again and realized how beautiful graphicwise the battery indicator was when plugged in on 6 and older...the new one is so simple and basic. At least right now it's feeling a little more Androidish than I had hoped. I suppose it's time for the iPhone feeling to change but i guess just hard after a few years of mostly the same. I'm thinking people are going to feel like iOS6 is like Snow Leopard. :)

CallOfDuty
Jun 16, 2013, 02:59 AM

I suspect its the true multitasking thats draining your battery life. Do you have a habit of closing your apps or at leasting clearing all the apps in the tray once in a while?

----------

I'm definitely seeing improvements my first hour this morning not having done a hard clean restore but following the other tips on here to turn off app refresh.

I'm draining about 11% this first hour which I suppose is normal considering I've been doing something or another on it since I unplugged it. Right?

Image (http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/15/yqeju5a7.jpg)

Look at your signal bar = 1 bar.
Don't underestimate how much battery a phone will drain when its in an area of low signal.

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 16, 2013, 07:09 AM
Can't compare to the ridiculous drain the OP is experiencing, but mine is draining faster.

Only to be expected with a Beta & I've tweaked the settings accordingly.

Hope the OP gets it sorted.

ajt1995
Jun 16, 2013, 09:36 AM
In my experience, having battery percentage on actually drains the battery faster... I've had it off on every iPhone since 3GS and it's always better with it off. Also, "reduce motion" made my phone charge faster, cool down, and, presumably, drain slower.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 17, 2013, 11:27 AM
Did a full charge last night before bed. Went to bed with the phone in airport mode. Turned that off at 7am. Have used the iTunes Radio for about 25 minutes along with some light texting, minimal surfing while being on weak signal wifi at school, and watched one short web video on wifi here at home.

Usage shows 3 hours, 38 minutes
Standby 12 hours, 37 minutes

I have 22% left. This is on a 4s with location services and background app refresh turned off.

aldoF
Jun 17, 2013, 11:35 AM
posted this on another one of the battery threads but here it is just in case...

alright folks, I finally got my battery/overheating issues resolved. Let me start by telling you that I have access to 3 iP5's, personal (ATT), work (Verizon) and the mrs' (ATT)....I upgraded all 3 to iOS7 (the Mrs still curses me out every morning) but wanted to test it out, all 3 are daily phones and we have been able to deal with the beta issues with no major drawbacks....the only issue I encountered was that my personal ATT phone kept losing charge and overheating all day, yet this was not the case with my work phone (Verizon) or the Mrs' phone (ATT)....after trying all the tweaks with notifications and location servicess I did a quick run down of how I did the upgrades and realized that on the other two I had set the phones as new, while on mine I had restored from my IP6 backup, .....so decided to reinstall iOS7 last night and set it as a new phone, downloaded all my apps from scratch, reentered all my account settings and voila, no more overheating and battery life is back to normal, down to 81% in 4 hours of normal use, battery would have been dead and recharging by now.

ram130
Jun 17, 2013, 06:17 PM
So my battery life was worst during the first two days of install. Until I tweaked a few things after looking at some system stuff.

Did get the heating up thing on Day 2, but was only after I disabled Cellular data. So I linked it to something.

Today, texting on and off per hour, facebook on and off. A missed call. Some notifications. Checking twitter on and off 10min total. And yeah background app refresh is still enabled. Never did the "reset all settings" thing, should I still do it?

I have over 100+ apps btw :).

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/8416/m0yd.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/5332/z8lf.jpg

What did I do?

1. Backed up iOS 6. Did a clean install to iOS 6.
2. Upgrade to iOS 7 and restored my backup.
3. Tweak after day 3 after finding out the results of my research.

- Ram

sou1 so1di3r
Jun 17, 2013, 07:22 PM
Yeah mine battery life is terrible now

macsmurray
Jun 17, 2013, 07:27 PM
My battery life has been fine, very slightly less than on ios6, but then I do clear my multitasking fairly regularly. It'll be interesting to see how it's affected when apps are ios7 multitasking compatible.

grockk
Jun 17, 2013, 08:20 PM
I was at first having some issues with battery life but seems to have worked itself out. Made no changes from ios 6 upgrade install and seeing all day battery life. Maybe even better than ios 6.

wassup121
Jun 17, 2013, 08:51 PM
Mine lasts all day. But drained at the end of day. Ios6, I'd have at least 20-30% after work. All privacy GPS and stuff off except find my iphone.

But now when I get to 20%. It goes immediately to 10% and below within 10min, by not using phone. Major glitch

eaglesteve
Jun 17, 2013, 09:05 PM
The usage reports do not tell the whole story. You guys need to say what activities you gave used it for. I could play music for 45 minutes and have the battery remaining at 100%. I can also just start a golf GPS program even with the phone switched off can deplete 36% in a hour with all setup being equal.

sou1 so1di3r
Jun 18, 2013, 12:46 AM
Does anyone else the brightness won't stay what I set it to? I think the auto brightness was messing it up.... I don't know

eaglesteve
Jun 18, 2013, 04:28 AM
Does anyone else the brightness won't stay what I set it to? I think the auto brightness was messing it up.... I don't know

I noted this problem too. Sometimes it stays dark no matter where I slide the lever to. The way to solve it is to switch off then on the phone.

SprSynJn
Jun 18, 2013, 04:41 AM
I'm noticing that most on here that are getting good battery life are using Wifi, where the iPhone is supposed to get ten hours usage normally according to Apple. Is anyone getting good battery life on mainly network usage? That is where my iPhone 5 will get six hours on a good day, four hours on an average day. Using iOS 6 mind you.

shahidhaque
Jun 18, 2013, 11:15 AM
I turned "reduce motion" on, and noticed that is significantly improving battery life. I had previously turned off app refresh and "show all" in videos.

Sheza
Jun 18, 2013, 11:31 AM
My battery life is perfect until I start using the screen and do some 3G browsing. Then it drops at a rate of about 1% every 4 minutes or so.

I took a load of pictures and uploaded them over 3G this morning, in an area of low signal. Wow, my phone did not like that! It was only for about 25 minutes, but it got super hot (wouldn't cool down until I closed all apps, turned off and left it for a bit) and must have shedded at least 35% of battery.

Hmm.

AmazingGraceTx
Jun 18, 2013, 12:06 PM
Yesterday, I made a post about how wonderful my battery life was. Today I'm eating my words. As of right now I'm sittiing at 34% with 2 hours, 33 minutes of usage and 3 hours, 45 minutes of standby. Lol! I do think I found the culprit though. I had forgotten to turn my cellular off last night before switching to wifi. Just discovered it going through and trying to save battery life.

WhackyNinja
Jun 18, 2013, 06:29 PM
Battery life for me is pretty rubbish on my iPhone 5. Hopefully it will get fixed before Final release.

Will2145
Jun 18, 2013, 10:30 PM
Pretty satisfied with my battery life

HeyKatie
Jun 18, 2013, 10:36 PM
I'm still getting between 5-6 hours on my 4S just like I was on iOS 6. I mostly listen to music, play games, facebook, twitter and instagram.

canucksfan88
Jun 18, 2013, 10:36 PM
my phone has been running hot the past few days. I JUST turned off automatic app update and it cooled right down.

So Summary:
- App refresh: Off
- Reduce Motion: On
- Automatic update: Off
- Location Services: Off
- Reset All Settings
- Reset Network settings

Will report soon, but right now, my iPhone 5 is ice cold for once!

batting1000
Jun 18, 2013, 11:22 PM
I'm reading on the dev forums that a bunch of people have reported better battery life after switching their language (Settings - General - International) from English to another language (such as British English) then back to English.

I just did it myself and I'll see how it goes.

5aga
Jun 19, 2013, 10:13 AM
I have the AT*T iphone 5 and i was getting terrible battery life. THen I restored using the world phone ipsw and battery life is great.
Not sure what the difference is but I suspect its something to do with that. Perhaps the GSM build is corrupt.

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 10:30 AM
I have the AT*T iphone 5 and i was getting terrible battery life. THen I restored using the world phone ipsw and battery life is great.
Not sure what the difference is but I suspect its something to do with that. Perhaps the GSM build is corrupt.

There are only two iPhone 5 files for iOS 7, one for GSM and one for CDMA...

:confused: :confused:

OnYourKnees
Jun 19, 2013, 10:32 AM
Edit - wrong thread.

My battery life has been quite good btw. It may help that I exchanged my hardware faulted device for a new one before I installed.

Sheza
Jun 19, 2013, 10:55 AM
There are only two iPhone 5 files for iOS 7, one for GSM and one for CDMA...

:confused: :confused:
Well the 'world phone' is A129 (or w/e, definitely 29 instead of 28) and is classed as CDMA for the States and GSM for the rest of the world.

batting1000
Jun 19, 2013, 11:01 AM
Well the 'world phone' is A129 (or w/e, definitely 29 instead of 28) and is classed as CDMA for the States and GSM for the rest of the world.

Exactly. But the guy said he has an AT&T iPhone 5 and he restored to iOS 7 using a different .ipsw.

There are only two for the iPhone 5 and there's only one that would work for the GSM model..

willcapellaro
Jun 19, 2013, 04:52 PM
How many are you are devs?

Officially yes (UI Designer), but never touch Xcode personally.

----------

Automatic Downloads of Apps, Background Apps Refresh: Great idea, it will be a shame if I have to continue to disable these after the early betas.

Would love a setting to be able to only allow downloads on a wifi network while charging at a either a good rate or with a high enough battery level (those being the "safe" times to do this).

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 20, 2013, 03:32 AM
Well, things have changed for me since I last posted on this thread.

My battery life on a 4S originally appeared to be a little less than it was iOS 6 which didn't surprise me (beta after all).

Over the last few days, however, it's been very poor. On a production build, I can usually get away with charging once a day - at night.

On this beta, it's twice a day at least.

hxlover904
Jun 20, 2013, 03:47 PM
My battery life is perfect until I start using the screen and do some 3G browsing. Then it drops at a rate of about 1% every 4 minutes or so.

this is the way mine behaves, too. when it's idle, battery is great. as soon as i start to use it, it starts to drop rapidly. lock it and it stays good. all i usually do is text, check work emails, etc. but it seems just having the screen on is a major problem. i've also noticed that if i have wifi enabled but there isn't a network to connect to, it drains the battery much faster.

att 4s

Anti-Lucifer
Jun 20, 2013, 03:59 PM
You people on iOS 7 should try out SIRI - when using SIRI, your battery drops 1% every 60-180 seconds of SIRI use. I'm not kidding.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 20, 2013, 04:06 PM
You people on iOS 7 should try out SIRI - when using SIRI, your battery drops 1% every 60-180 seconds of SIRI use. I'm not kidding.

We need to create a survey to really indicate what causes battery decline. I am interested in doing this..maybe later tonight I will post a link...thats if people are interested in using the survey. I have siri on..maybe thats why my batt life is worse than others! Im at 5% and Ive only been using it for 3 hours

batting1000
Jun 20, 2013, 04:09 PM
We need to create a survey to really indicate what causes battery decline. I am interested in doing this..maybe later tonight I will post a link...thats if people are interested in using the survey. I have siri on..maybe thats why my batt life is worse than others! Im at 5% and Ive only been using it for 3 hours

Do you understand that this is a beta?

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 20, 2013, 04:36 PM

And isn't the whole point of a beta process to analyse what's going wrong so it can be improved?

5% remaining after only 3 hours is bad, beta or not.

It'd be good to understand why the rapid consumption of power.

batting1000
Jun 20, 2013, 04:38 PM
And isn't the whole point of a beta process to analyse what's going wrong so it can be improved?

Yes, but the reason the battery is bad is because it's a beta. This happens every year and by the time the final release is out, all the battery issues are gone. Wasting time trying to figure out why the battery performance is not good is pointless, especially when it's the FIRST beta.

----------

You must not understand. Betas have extra things running in the background for debugging and feedback purposes.

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 20, 2013, 04:40 PM
Yes, but the reason the battery is bad is because it's a beta. This happens every year and by the time the final release is out, all the battery issues are gone . . .

That improvement doesn't just happen by magic. It happens through constant analysis and feedback throughout the process.

batting1000
Jun 20, 2013, 04:41 PM
That improvement doesn't just broken by magic. It happens through constant analysis and feedback throughout the process.

No, it happens when Apple removes all the extra beta stuff running in the background. Apple engineers use these betas too. They aren't just relying on what we say to improve the betas / software. I'm sure they've already figuring out and fixed the issue if they found one.

SprSynJn
Jun 20, 2013, 04:55 PM
Yes, but the reason the battery is bad is because it's a beta. This happens every year and by the time the final release is out, all the battery issues are gone.

I seriously doubt that. There are many with iPhones on iOS 6 that still have issues to this day.

batting1000
Jun 20, 2013, 04:56 PM
I seriously doubt that. There are many with iPhones on iOS 6 that still have issues to this day.

It all depends on your usage. Where have you seen all these people with battery issues?

SprSynJn
Jun 20, 2013, 05:17 PM
It all depends on your usage. Where have you seen all these people with battery issues?

My own phone and others on the net I suppose. I only complain because Apple says eight hours of cell usage when I barely get six. Sometimes near four a day. Also, I'm confused as to why I can get near twelve hours on wifi sometimes.

batting1000
Jun 20, 2013, 05:33 PM
My own phone and others on the net I suppose. I only complain because Apple says eight hours of cell usage when I barely get six. Sometimes near four a day. Also, I'm confused as to why I can get near twelve hours on wifi sometimes.

I've honestly yet to see anyone get the numbers Apple quotes. It all depends on how you use your phone. Everyone uses it differently.

SprSynJn
Jun 20, 2013, 05:36 PM
I've honestly yet to see anyone get the numbers Apple quotes. It all depends on how you use your phone. Everyone uses it differently.

Cannot disagree with that. I've also thought that it depends on your carrier and the type of bandwidth they use, or where the towers are, etc. I'm not someone who is well versed on that mind you, but I think so anyway.

batting1000
Jun 20, 2013, 06:12 PM
Cannot disagree with that. I've also thought that it depends on your carrier and the type of bandwidth they use, or where the towers are, etc. I'm not someone who is well versed on that mind you, but I think so anyway.

Correct, that too. Signal strength is a major factor as well.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 20, 2013, 07:51 PM

Duh!
But of u noticed some people have better batt power than others

batting1000
Jun 20, 2013, 07:59 PM
Duh!

Everyone uses their devices differently.

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 20, 2013, 08:01 PM
Duh!

Which goes back to what I was speaking about earlier.

Member A and member B both have the beta release and both are moderate users. Member A doesn't get as good battery life as member B, and keeps messing with settings and reinstalling. While member A is busy with all that, he fails to remember that member B has every strong cellular data signal, which helps with his battery life.

We can mess around with installs and settings all we want. And who knows, we may find a bug for Apple to fix. However, doing all that is not going to take away the inner beta coding that is currently in the OS. No matter what, there are going to be problems.

In my opinion, if one is having to spends hours a day trying to fix his or her beta phone so that it is usable, one is wasting precious time that cannot be relived. Maybe said person should consider reverting back to iOS6.

Cscottrun
Jun 20, 2013, 08:02 PM
I had terrible battery life when I first loaded iOS 7. Today I restored and started new. I feel like my battery life is much better. Here is my usage, someone let me know if this is good or not. I have not charged my phone at all since my last full charge.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 20, 2013, 08:10 PM
Which goes back to what I was speaking about earlier.

Member A and member B both have the beta release and both are moderate users. Member A doesn't get as good battery life as member B, and keeps messing with settings and reinstalling. While member A is busy with all that, he fails to remember that member B has every strong cellular data signal, which helps with his battery life.

We can mess around with installs and settings all we want. And who knows, we may find a bug for Apple to fix. However, doing all that is not going to take away the inner beta coding that is currently in the OS. No matter what, there are going to be problems.

In my opinion, if one is having to spends hours a day trying to fix his or her beta phone so that it is usable, one is wasting precious time that cannot be relived. Maybe said person should consider reverting back to iOS6.

I already reverted back to iOS 6 but came back. I hear what you are saying. But it cant all be related to ones cellular data strength. There are many factors...#1 is because its a beta, but also settings and how the person uses their device. I didnt use it that much today and changed all those settings and still. If everyone was saying that their battery sucked, than I wouldn't care but the fact that other people with the same device, with the same procedures installing but using more heavily than I do, say that they have really good battery life! Well that makes me wonder! Again I know its a beta and Im not complaining about the battery life.. its unfortunate but who cares. Want to try and optimize it since other people here seem to have done.

----------

I had terrible battery life when I first loaded iOS 7. Today I restored and started new. I feel like my battery life is much better. Here is my usage, someone let me know if this is good or not. I have not charged my phone at all since my last full charge.

Better than mine! :)

----------

Everyone uses their devices differently.

True, but Ive moderatly used it for 3 hours and it was dead after, others are using it heavily for 3 hours and are at 50%. Thats all Im saying!

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 20, 2013, 08:14 PM
I already reverted back to iOS 6 but came back. I hear what you are saying. But it cant all be related to ones cellular data strength. There are many factors...#1 is because its a beta, but also settings and how the person uses their device. I didnt use it that much today and changed all those settings and still. If everyone was saying that their battery sucked, than I wouldn't care but the fact that other people with the same device, with the same procedures installing but using more heavily than I do, say that they have really good battery life! Well that makes me wonder! Again I know its a beta and Im not complaining about the battery life.. its unfortunate but who cares. Want to try and optimize it since other people here seem to have done.

----------

Better than mine! :)

----------

True, but Ive moderatly used it for 3 hours and it was dead after, others are using it heavily for 3 hours and are at 50%. Thats all Im saying!
Cellular strength was but one example of what could be many factors involved.

Trying to compare your strength to mine or anyone else, is trying to equate a fruit to a vegetable.

gglittle
Jun 20, 2013, 08:22 PM

unless you are one of the developers. The whole point of a beta is to "REPORT" the fault that you may have found. Are you doing the analysis for the bugreport that you are about to submit? If you don't intend to submit a bug-report and only intend to use it to bitch about iOS 7 on this forum, then all you're really doing is pissing in the middle of a thunderstorm.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 20, 2013, 08:28 PM
Cellular strength was but one example of what could be many factors involved.

Trying to compare your strength to mine or anyone else, is trying to equate a fruit to a vegetable.

You are right, I believe it depends on how many apps the person has, how many notifications they set everything too...that could be it! I am no stranger to downloading betas,with Apple yes but I used to flash roms on my android all the time and some of them were in beta stages..and I remember battery was an issue with them. True, Apple is different than Android but a beta is a beta

----------

… unless you are one of the developers. The whole point of a beta is to "REPORT" the fault that you may have found. Are you doing the analysis for the bugreport that you are about to submit? If you don't intend to submit a bug-report and only intend to use it to bitch about iOS 7 on this forum, then all you're really doing is pissing in the middle of a thunderstorm.

We arent here bitching, like the other member pointed out..it would be good to know why! knowledge is power. And yes I have reported some bugs. But I assumed they have already gotten reports about the battery issue. Its kind of common sense, beta= battery issues. But mine are worse than just battery issues declining a little faster than normal.[COLOR="#808080"]

----------

Northernist
Jun 20, 2013, 10:18 PM

That would be because using Wifi does not draw as much power as using mobile data like 3G or LTE.

Battery life is extremely dependent on the user, besides the fact that the beta has not yet been optimized for battery life. That's not Apple's main concern right now. While some people end up at 3% after 3 hours of use, I can go a full day off the charger, using my phone throughout the day regularly, and by the time I go to bed I'll be around ~70%.

SprSynJn
Jun 20, 2013, 10:20 PM
That would be because using Wifi does not draw as much power as using mobile data like 3G or LTE.

Is that only for the iPhone? My Android that I had would die in mere minutes with wifi usage.

Northernist
Jun 20, 2013, 10:24 PM
Is that only for the iPhone? My Android that I had would die in mere minutes with wifi usage.

I'm not sure how Android manages battery but have you ever noticed that when you're connected to WiFi on the iPhone, sometimes when you unlock your phone it switches really quickly from 3G/LTE to the WiFi signal bars? The reasoning behind that is because mobile data is better at conserving power when on standby, and WiFi is better at conserving power when in use.

I haven't used Android in 3 years or so (last Android device I had was a Droid X.. Thing was indestructible) but I know my battery life has always been better on iOS than Android. I'm no expert on the more modern builds, so this could have changed by now though.

rmeadejr
Jun 20, 2013, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure how Android manages battery but have you ever noticed that when you're connected to WiFi on the iPhone, sometimes when you unlock your phone it switches really quickly from 3G/LTE to the WiFi signal bars? The reasoning behind that is because mobile data is better at conserving power when on standby, and WiFi is better at conserving power when in use.

I haven't used Android in 3 years or so (last Android device I had was a Droid X.. Thing was indestructible) but I know my battery life has always been better on iOS than Android. I'm no expert on the more modern builds, so this could have changed by now though.

thank you for this. i kept wondering why it kept switching when i would unlock my iPhone.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 20, 2013, 10:59 PM
Short survey, appreciate if you guys take it. It may be pointless but lets see. I will post results later, if there is any! Link below

http://kwiksurveys.com/s.asp?sid=eazq8yuzamnb9z1174587

Thanks!

Lylyluvda916
Jun 20, 2013, 11:05 PM
Short survey, appreciate if you guys take it. It may be pointless but lets see. I will post results later, if there is any! Link below

Thanks!

took your survey:)

Krissypantz2828
Jun 20, 2013, 11:06 PM
took your survey:)

Krissypantz2828
Jun 21, 2013, 12:30 AM
Better battery life survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WGR6F68

We can analyze alot more .. hope you guys check it out!!

zobby
Jun 21, 2013, 12:33 AM
Better battery life survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WGR6F68

We can analyze alot more .. hope you guys check it out!!

Question 6 needs amending - I haven't disabled any but I still have to put an answer

Krissypantz2828
Jun 21, 2013, 12:40 AM
Question 6 needs amending - I haven't disabled any but I still have to put an answer

You are right, just changed it, but you might want to redo the survey because I had to delete results :(

Krissypantz2828
Jun 21, 2013, 12:48 AM
Weird combination considering earlier today my phone had died in 3 hours of light usage

Complaining? No but it could be a glitch

gomoq13
Jun 21, 2013, 12:54 AM

Thanks!

I just took it.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 21, 2013, 12:59 AM
I just took it.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WGR6F68

This one is the newest one..better way to look at results. I forgot I had a paid account at survey monkey :) Thanks for taking the survey, its up to you if u want to take this one..very similar!

gomoq13
Jun 21, 2013, 01:34 PM
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WGR6F68

This one is the newest one..better way to look at results. I forgot I had a paid account at survey monkey :) Thanks for taking the survey, its up to you if u want to take this one..very similar!

I'm taking it now. :D

zhandri
Jun 21, 2013, 01:39 PM
this is nice... my phone just shut off tho it had 24% left. had to connect it to lightning cable... working again! straaaaange

gomoq13
Jun 21, 2013, 02:00 PM
I can attest that resetting all settings will fix battery life and keep your data. My phone would hardly last a few hours under iOS 7 beta.

I will know more though out the day, but this seems to be the fix

I just reset all settings on my iPhone 4S for the first time. Hopefully I see an improvement in mine too. Not that the battery life on mine is bad. Generally, mine drains at 10% per hour on Wifi and on 3G it's like 15%. What I very much often do on my phone are using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flipboard, Whatsapp, Viber, listen to music on Track 8 app, watch YouTube videos on Jasmine app, surf the web using Mercury app and the default mail app. I do play games occasionally.

I updated straight to iOS 7 beta without restoring my phone first. Initially, the battery life was really bad. I think it went from 100% to near 0% in less than 3 hours. After I totally disabled Background App Refresh and Automatic Downloads (in iTunes and App Stores), the battery drain improved a lot. By the way, I've always had nearly all my locations services for apps turned on. I read that enabling "Reduce Motion" would also improve battery, but I'm gonna pass on that for now as I'm just smitten by the parallax effect on my lockscreen wallpaper. :D

Regarding System Services under Location Services, may I know what most of you have turned on? For that, the ones that I have turned on are only Compass Calibration, Mobile Network Search and Wi-Fi Networking. Thanks! :)

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 21, 2013, 02:10 PM
I have done more surfing (moderate) since I first posted a picture this morning, as well as continuing to listen to iTunes Radio. Also did a speed test. I turned on Location Services for a 20 - 30 minutes, but turned it back off due to it draining my battery. I have also had several apps running at the same time.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/basicgreatguy/battery2_zpsd9cd4ab7.png (http://s52.photobucket.com/user/basicgreatguy/media/battery2_zpsd9cd4ab7.png.html)

Just plugged the phone back in. It is not the same battery life as iOS 6, since I had a few features turned off. However, I don't think it is far off.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/basicgreatguy/battery3_zps5b9cc907.png (http://s52.photobucket.com/user/basicgreatguy/media/battery3_zps5b9cc907.png.html)

Krissypantz2828
Jun 21, 2013, 03:24 PM
"Have you had any issues with battery life with your iPhone 5 or 4S? Did you make a clean install and then updated your iOS? Make sure that you make a backup and then wipe date."

This is taken from an article. What does it mean? Doing a clean install of iOS6 and than updating your iOS 7 beta as a clean install?

Apparently it helps batt life.

This was taken from another article:

"We performed a backup of our iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, and then we performed a clean install of iOS 6 by entering iTunes in DFU Mode. This is achieved by holding down the Sleep/Wake button and Home button, then once the Apple logo appears you keep hold of the Home button only until iTunes pops up with a message about an iPhone in recovery mode.

"Once we installed a fresh copy of iOS 6, then we install iOS 7 beta and after this the settings and data were restored from a backup. It is worth noting if you can't downgrade to iOS 6 from iOS 7, but you need to have a backup of your phone in iTunes with iOS 6."

canucksfan88
Jun 21, 2013, 03:44 PM
my phone has been running hot the past few days. I JUST turned off automatic app update and it cooled right down.

So Summary:
- Reset All Settings
- Reset Network settings

Report: Battery life sucked even with all that off...
So I restored iOS7 and only loaded back text messages.

Awesome battery life thus far.

Currently at: 60%
Usage: 4 hours, 39 minutes
Standby: 5 hours, 40 minutes

Krissypantz2828
Jun 21, 2013, 03:46 PM

So Summary:
- Reset All Settings
- Reset Network settings

Ive tried all of those, doesnt work

gomoq13
Jun 22, 2013, 12:38 AM

So Summary:
- Reset All Settings
- Reset Network settings

Just enabled 'Reduce Motion' on my iPhone 4S. Hmm ... Hopefully it'll further help improve the battery life.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 22, 2013, 12:52 AM
I fresh installed iOS 6 then immediately fresh installed iOS 7 and my batt is at 74% within 3 hours, which I say isn't bad. I had a 48 min call and burnt 12%, and light usage! We shall see I will report tomorrow

Krissypantz2828
Jun 22, 2013, 04:02 AM
Definitely happy with my battery life, ever since I clean installed iOS6 and iOS 7...respectively. I hope it doesnt change :) 6 hours since last charge and @ 55%

millerboy814
Jun 22, 2013, 01:17 PM
The issue with iOS7 is the auto brightness, it's broken. All you have to do to fix the battery issue is turn off auto brightness and I also turned off background refresh setting. This fixed my iPhones battery life to where it's almost as good as before I updated, It lasted a full day before updating. Hope this fixes yours. Let me know

binaryskies
Jun 22, 2013, 01:27 PM
I was having this issue also. I could almost watch my battery drain no matter what I did, or which settings I turned off. I finally gave up and let it drain all the way until it powered off. Ever since doing that, my battery life has improved. It's still not amazing but It's a lot better then before.

naasrd
Jun 22, 2013, 02:09 PM
Just did a Reset Network Settings and immediately the heating issue vanished. I'd forgotten how cold my 5 used to be!

batting1000
Jun 22, 2013, 02:45 PM
Definitely happy with my battery life, ever since I clean installed iOS6 and iOS 7...respectively. I hope it doesnt change :) 6 hours since last charge and @ 55%

6 hours of usage or 6 hours since your last charge?

Krissypantz2828
Jun 22, 2013, 02:49 PM
6 hours of usage or 6 hours since your last charge?

it's hard to say because my phone couldn't give me the actual reading but I'd say maybe 4 hours usage

BasicGreatGuy
Jun 22, 2013, 02:55 PM
6hrs 13 minutes of usage

20hrs 28 minutes standby

20% battery left.

Watched several videos, listened to iTunes for half the day, and did moderate amount of surfing, with several apps open. All on home wifi with weak cellular data on.

Will start a new charge shortly.

Krissypantz2828
Jun 22, 2013, 03:39 PM
6hrs 13 minutes of usage

20hrs 28 minutes standby

20% battery left.

Watched several videos, listened to iTunes for half the day, and did moderate amount of surfing, with several apps open. All on home wifi with weak cellular data on.

Will start a new charge shortly.

Lets hope its stays that way :)

Krissypantz2828
Jun 22, 2013, 04:13 PM
Actually Im noticing since I clean installed iOS 6 then clean installed iOS 7 that my battery in standby is wayyyy better, as for usage its not as good as my standby but its a definite improvement!!! Ill know better once I charge my phone again to get my stats.

Im at 40% battery and I charged it 18 hours ago! With light-moderate usage. Phone call lasting 48 minutes, music play for 40 minutes and light "usage" social apps, messing around with contact photos, and light texting!

Krissypantz2828
Jun 22, 2013, 06:17 PM
:p

ram130
Jun 23, 2013, 05:24 PM
Well I forgot to leave this here. I wrote on my blog what I did and notice from my research with battery drain on iOS 7. Read it here: http://bit.ly/ZYRbr1 Hopefully it helps someone out.

Also I went back to 6 cause not being able to see my data usage in the Verizon app was annoying me.:o What a difference this made, it's so much faster. You really don't notice it until you have iOS 6 install for more than 2 days. Forgot how smooth it was and how it followed my finger swiping on my homescreen. :D

Anyway I'll upgrade again around beta 2 or 3 depending on results. Hope the tips on the blog help you.