PDA

View Full Version : [General] What to do with photos before upgrading to Beta?

i'm.huMAC
Jun 13, 2013, 08:10 AM
I am about to update my iPod touch 5G to the iOS 7 beta 1 and I'm afraid of losing all of my photos/videos on the camera roll. I just backed up my iPod on iTunes but is that enough? When I restore the back-up on my iPod touch when it's running iOS 7, will the photos return to the camera roll?

Sirious
Jun 13, 2013, 09:10 AM
I am about to update my iPod touch 5G to the iOS 7 beta 1 and I'm afraid of losing all of my photos/videos on the camera roll. I just backed up my iPod on iTunes but is that enough? When I restore the back-up on my iPod touch when it's running iOS 7, will the photos return to the camera roll?

You should also sync the photos to your computer too, just for safe measure. I imported all my photos and deleted them off my phone before upgrading. Didn't have a lot myself.

Tamagotchi
Jun 13, 2013, 09:17 AM
Import your photos, or even better, use image capture to extract them from your iPhone.

Also, why ask these questions if you are a developer? You should know yourself you shouldn't install this on your main device, and you should know what to do before upgrading / restoring / tweaking around with your device :D

TheAppleFairy
Jun 13, 2013, 09:18 AM

I am really surpised that someone with a dev account would have to ask such a question. You could save the pictures to your computer by syncing them or just opening up the DCIM folder and copy/paste to your computer.

fivedots
Jun 13, 2013, 10:11 AM
Or use Dropbox and let it upload them. That's my preferred solution.