PDA

View Full Version : Exchange Calendar not syncing

filmfanatic24
Jun 13, 2013, 08:48 AM
When I make changes in Outlook to my Exchange Calendar I'm not seeing them show up in iOS7. Do I need to enable push or is there a way to manually update? I restored from a backup and all my settings are the same (I'm getting email and notes just fine).

Ok, after adding an event from my phone to the exchange Calendar I saw the new events pop up. I was able to delete from the phone and saw them disappear from my Outlook. It seems like my phone isn't checking for changes and I can't seem to find any settings that would be preventing it.

fivedots
Jun 13, 2013, 09:40 AM
Not sure - but Exchange push email was not working well for me on iOS 7.

filmfanatic24
Jun 13, 2013, 09:42 AM
Hmm, ok, may just be a bug. I don't use Push for email, I just do a manual check to help preserve battery.

snappyfool
Jun 13, 2013, 09:45 AM
Known issue for iCloud calendar, perhaps Exchange too. Report the bug?

robwilson
Jun 13, 2013, 10:33 AM
Known issue for iCloud calendar, perhaps Exchange too. Report the bug?

Interesting, I am not seeing any of this.....email from work coming like a charm and my calendar is working as well.

filmfanatic24
Jun 13, 2013, 10:57 AM
Interesting, I am not seeing any of this.....email from work coming like a charm and my calendar is working as well.

There used to be a place in Settings where you told the OS, for each account, if you wanted push, sync every x minutes, or manual. I can't seem to find that anymore. Wondering if that isn't part of the problem.

deuxani
Jun 13, 2013, 01:32 PM
I have the exact same problem. I think it's not a problem with Exchange, but with every calendar that is synced manually. I have sync set to manual and normal behaviour in iOS 6 and before was that only if you open mail, contact/phone or calendar, the information would be synced. This still works the same in iOS 7 for mail and contacts/phone, but not for calendar.

The only way to get it to sync is to create a dummy appointment on your iPhone, which forces the calendar to sync. After that just delete the dummy appointment.

Also, scrollen in list/event view in the default calendar app or Fantastical or Event Book, etc is really slow and choppy.