PDA

View Full Version : Do you like iOS 7 beta1 redesign?

pedrofan
Jun 13, 2013, 10:00 AM
Assuming this design may come to our iOS devices in september or october, and trying to send a message to Apple:

Do you like iOS 7 icons and color schemes redesign?

If yes, you assume this is the best that Apple can do and you want it in the final design.
If not, you really want it to be severely revised.

Sirious
Jun 13, 2013, 10:02 AM
Assuming this design may come to our iOS devices in september or october, and trying to send a message to apple:

If yes, you assume this is the best that Apple can do and you want it in the final design.

Yes I really like it, but there needs to be a small revision to some of the icons. Thats my only complaint. But its different from previous versions which is why I'm a bit positive about it.

MacReloaded
Jun 13, 2013, 10:03 AM
Another day, another poll of the same question.

batting1000
Jun 13, 2013, 10:04 AM

This. Why can't people just use the beta 1 thread instead of starting a new one?

AQUADock
Jun 13, 2013, 10:06 AM
The icons need to be completely overhauled and the excessive amount of blur needs to be removed IMO.

fivedots
Jun 13, 2013, 10:07 AM
The icons need to be completely overhauled and the excessive amount of blur needs to be removed IMO.

Agree - the frosted glass effect just doesn't work.

BvizioN
Jun 13, 2013, 10:11 AM
Agree - the frosted glass effect just doesn't work.

Each to their own, it works perfectly for me.

braddick
Jun 13, 2013, 10:11 AM
^
That's one of my favorite attributes of iOS7.
It's attractive.

fivedots
Jun 13, 2013, 10:12 AM
Each to their own, it works perfectly for me.

^
That's one of my favorite attributes of iOS7.
It's attractive.

It's not that I hate it, it's just that it is very reliant on what is underneath, which can often be unpredictable.

pedrofan
Jun 13, 2013, 10:13 AM
My worst complain is about the use of WHITE. You can use gray at least.
The gray keyboard and gray Safari when you are on private browsing are a lot better.

The white backgrounded icons, just seems to be unfinished and ugly.

You may like iOS 6 design or not, but this is the first time that I can really see UGLY things in an iOS device.

The same with Mavericks. Notes app is just, the worst look I could've ever imagined.

sawah
Jun 13, 2013, 10:20 AM
I really think the icons could use a little darkening up and maybe some way to have them stand out from the background, some sort of border or something, but if they don't do that life will go on. And the reminders app is pretty awful looking with a black background, not digging that either. The whole thing seems extremely wallpaper dependent, some of the translucent gradients could use a little work too. But it is a beta and I'm sure it will change alot over the course of the next few months.

Jare
Jun 13, 2013, 10:22 AM
Assuming this design may come to our iOS devices in september or october, and trying to send a message to Apple:

There are countless threads on the iOS redesign subject. This didn't need its own thread, there's no cookies for starting a thread.

I mean what did you think, we'd all be on our knees bowing down to you for starting the only and only holy grail thread of iOS 7's redesign?

pedrofan
Jun 13, 2013, 10:28 AM
There are countless threads on the iOS redesign subject. This didn't need its own thread, there's no cookies for starting a thread.

I mean what did you think, we'd all be on our knees bowing down to you for starting the only and only holy grail thread of iOS 7's redesign?
There wasn't any poll that directly asked this question. And I have tryed to be neutral with it. If you don't like it just don't answer. And if a moderator thinks this is reapeated they are fully free to close it. From a free man to another.

zerostar
Jun 13, 2013, 10:33 AM
I did vote Yes, but the icons can be toned down and Calendar app can be fixed up (please)

I am a registered developer, but when I try to access the developer forums it takes me to a blank screen? How can I submit feedback, I can't seem to find another way on the Dev. site...

Brittany246
Jun 13, 2013, 10:34 AM
I don't like the new design at all. The white, neon, and black colors all clash. If Apple was trying to find the worst possible color scheme, they surely succeeded. The stock apps and icons look unpolished (except for the weather app). The only thing I like design wise is the lock screen. Looks great. I also don't like the frosted glass look on the dock of the home screen. I wish they'd get rid of it all together.

Other than the ugliness, I think iOS 7 is great.

Jare
Jun 13, 2013, 10:35 AM
There wasn't any poll that directly asked this question. And I have tryed to be neutral with it. If you don't like it just don't answer. And if a moderator thinks this is reapeated they are fully free to close it. From a free man to another.

Actually, you're totally incorrect.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1593259&highlight=ios+7+design

Learn to search, it's even laid out in the forum rules that you should search before starting a topic.

JetBlack7
Jun 13, 2013, 10:38 AM

I like the new design a lot. Although I wouldn't say that this is the best they can do, but it's still a big big improvement.

travisbrowning
Jun 13, 2013, 10:40 AM
Wasn't this exact same poll on here yesterday? But yes, I like it a lot.

pedrofan
Jun 13, 2013, 10:41 AM
Actually, you're totally incorrect.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1593259&highlight=ios+7+design

Learn to search, it's even laid out in the forum rules that you should search before starting a topic.

The "I don't like iOS 7" thread?? That's not the Do you like iOS7? thread. It is the anti iOS 7 thread.

Jare
Jun 13, 2013, 10:42 AM
The "I don't like iOS 7" thread?? That's not the Do you like iOS7? thread. It is the anti iOS 7 thread.

If you took the time to open the thread and view the poll options and questions, you'd see:

Do you like the look of iOS 7?
Yes
No
Indifferent
I'll have to wait and see how it is in real use

Duplicate thread, please send to wasteland.

localboy28
Jun 13, 2013, 10:43 AM
Everyone is going mental over a few icons and completely missing all the cool new features.

Get over it and put the ugly icons in a folder
I've been doing that for years

SpyderBite
Jun 13, 2013, 11:00 AM
Duplicate thread, please send to wasteland.

Agreed. Merge or remove this thread.

But to conform to other rules against peer moderation.. I'm happy either way with iOS 7. There is nothing it won't do that I can do now. And some of the things it can do are faster or more convenient.

Win-Win IMO.

Rogifan
Jun 13, 2013, 11:11 AM

A lot of duplicate threads. I see another one with someone designing their version of app icons. Sigh.

pedrofan
Jun 13, 2013, 11:12 AM
Everyone is going mental over a few icons and completely missing all the cool new features.

Get over it and put the ugly icons in a folder
I've been doing that for years
There are a lot of cool new features.. but the design is a pain to see.

BvizioN
Jun 13, 2013, 11:17 AM
I wish they would have made a theme option jsut to sthu the whiners.

LeoNobilis
Jun 13, 2013, 11:24 AM
I'd say, it looks somewhat unpolished here and there. On the positive note, finally I'm not compelled to have "Fitness I", "Fitness II", "Fitness III", "Fitness IV" and "Fitness V" folders, as a single folder should suffice for an unlimited number of apps of the sort. Perhaps, the best feature added in iOS 7.
By the way, the Spotlight is now about 4 times slower than it were under iOS6. Let's hope, this will change before the release of the official version.

I'm still lamenting Apple's headstrong resolve to stay with their terrible keyboard and keep locking out better alternatives. The most significant omission, in my view.

Sdahe
Jun 13, 2013, 11:49 AM
Now everytime I enter apple.com I have to see the new ios 7 and can't install it... hahahaha.. it's like having a nice juicy hamburger in front of you but can't touch it... :mad:

KdParker
Jun 13, 2013, 11:59 AM

I find myself using my phone more often now since upgrading to i0S7. I know this is just a beta and more changes are coming, but I do like the direction that Apple is going with this redesign.

----------

My worst complain is about the use of WHITE. You can use gray at least.
The gray keyboard and gray Safari when you are on private browsing are a lot better.

The white backgrounded icons, just seems to be unfinished and ugly.

You may like iOS 6 design or not, but this is the first time that I can really see UGLY things in an iOS device.

The same with Mavericks. Notes app is just, the worst look I could've ever imagined.

Might agree with you on the with backgound on the icons. I keep expecting a way to customize the background colors or themes for the Icons.

adildacoolset
Jun 13, 2013, 05:18 PM
It's not that I hate it, it's just that it is very reliant on what is underneath, which can often be unpredictable.

The problem is that you'll quickly get bored of them though, if they were solid colors. The nice little blur effect will not only give a sense of context (as stated in the video), but it'll be dynamic, so you'll be bored of it less quickly.

Pez555
Jun 13, 2013, 05:21 PM
Short answer ! Yes

Patriot24
Jun 13, 2013, 05:29 PM
I would like to see one of these polls differentiate between those that have it installed on their device vs. those that are simply looking at screenshots and following along via the forums. The reason I say this is that I feel there are qualities that aren't evident in simple screenshots. Using it is very different from looking at it.

Options should be something along the lines of:

Running it - Love it!
Running it - Hate it!
Not running it - Love it!
Not running it - hate it!

Edit: To be clear, I am not saying that your opinion is not valid if you aren't running it on your device. I just get the sense that the splits will look different based solely on hands-on experience.

fivedots
Jun 13, 2013, 08:37 PM
The problem is that you'll quickly get bored of them though, if they were solid colors. The nice little blur effect will not only give a sense of context (as stated in the video), but it'll be dynamic, so you'll be bored of it less quickly.

Being excited by an interface is pretty low on the list of my life priorities.

adildacoolset
Jun 14, 2013, 03:39 AM
Being excited by an interface is pretty low on the list of my life priorities.

You obviously haven't seen the entire macrumors forum complaining about iOS 6

----------

A lot of duplicate threads. I see another one with someone designing their version of app icons. Sigh.

But they all share one thing in common: They still look almost identical to the existing icons. Just their way of saying that apple did a good job.

fullauto
Jun 14, 2013, 03:56 AM

Nailed it. Looks great over white and lighter screens, but when it hits a dark green, purple, red.. It just seems so unapple. But again, over white it looks a treat..

My only other gripes in the 20 mins I played with it were the green icons are way too fluro, the dial pad in phone looks terrible - really buggered this up, lastly recent calls, favorites etc. is all soooo white.. Too white.. They should try that white perforated texture from the WWDC banners, the white needs something to break it up..

MonkeySee....
Jun 14, 2013, 04:01 AM
Apple will be blown away with your findings, Pedro.

72 people like it and 31 People don't!! With those numbers they may seriously consider their whole strategic plan!!!

KeanosMagicHat
Jun 14, 2013, 04:07 AM
. . . Do you like iOS 7 icons and color schemes redesign?

As the OP is talking specifically about Icons and Colours, I voted, "No"

I love the new features and functionality of iOS 7 and think they've moved it forward from iOS 6, but I find the look is just too basic.

Combined with the colours of some of the icons it reminds me a little of the old Fisher Price toys for kids.

If Apple want to go a "cleaner" route I'm ok with that, but it'd need to be more elegant / professional for my taste.

Apple will be blown away with your findings, Pedro.

72 people like it and 31 People don't!! With those numbers they may seriously consider their whole strategic plan!!!

In normal circumstances I'd agree with you MS, but I think nearly a third (as I type) expressing a dislike on this forum would be concerning as the vast majority of forum members strongly favour Apple products.

Also, it could be that a few of those who voted Yes skim read the question. If it was a straight, "Do you prefer iOS 7 to iOS 6?" I'd have said Yes. The OP was asking about the Icons and Colours, however.

omenatarhuri
Jun 14, 2013, 04:10 AM

If this is what you wanted, why did you make the poll different then the instructions?

jonasdamn
Jun 14, 2013, 04:13 AM
I have iphone5 white so for me ios7 looks really cool, if i would own black one, i think that i wouldnt like so much ios7 interface. Somehow ios7 for white is way cooler