PDA

View Full Version : Location Services - Frequent Locations ?

bluedukies8
Jun 13, 2013, 10:02 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes to build up your frequent locations and if the History tab will actually show any data? I have had mine on since the beta release but there is no information in there.

Night Spring
Jun 13, 2013, 10:08 AM
I installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 4S Monday night. Took it to work with me on Tuesday and Wednesday. I checked location history Tuesday night, and only my home showed up as a frequent location, but when I checked now (Thurs morning), both my home and work are now showing up as frequent locations.

bluedukies8
Jun 13, 2013, 10:14 AM
Hmm, wonder why mine hasn't saved anything. I have been to quite a few different places so far this week. I was just curious as to what it looked like.

Do you know if turning off and back on would make it "restart" so to speak and loose any progress it may be working on as far as my frequent locations go?

Night Spring
Jun 13, 2013, 10:50 AM
Maybe you haven't stayed in any one location long enough to register as "frequent"? I just went back and forth between work and home for two days, and as I said, it took work until the end of the second day to register.

sawah
Jun 13, 2013, 11:06 AM
How do you look at your location history please?

bluedukies8
Jun 13, 2013, 11:14 AM
How do you look at your location history please?

Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> System Services -> Frequent Locations -> History :)

sawah
Jun 13, 2013, 11:17 AM
Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> System Services -> Frequent Locations -> History :)

Why thankyou <3

----------

Is it supposed to be just a big giant red circle?

jutte64
Jun 13, 2013, 11:28 AM
This morning when I got up and looked at my phone, I pulled down the NC and looked at the Today tab to see the weather. Just below that it told me how long it would take me to get to Celina, which is where I work. I tapped it and it took me to that Maps app and gave me routes to get there. When I zoomed in on the map the Destination pin was right in the middle of my Works parking lot. I am guessing that it uses traffic info to tell you the drive time as well. If you have that available in your area of course. I got iOS 7 on my phone before work on Tuesday, so after just two days of driving to work it knew that I would be going there this morning too. Curious to see what it does on Saturday...
Here is the NC screen shot.

Night Spring
Jun 13, 2013, 11:29 AM
Why thankyou <3

----------

Is it supposed to be just a big giant red circle?

It's one big circle if it only recognizes one frequent location. Once it sees more frequent locations, each location is a smaller red circle.

bluedukies8
Jun 13, 2013, 11:31 AM
This morning when I got up and looked at my phone, I pulled down the NC and looked at the Today tab to see the weather. Just below that it told me how long it would take me to get to Celina, which is where I work. I tapped it and it took me to that Maps app and gave me routes to get there. When I zoomed in on the map the Destination pin was right in the middle of my Works parking lot. I am guessing that it uses traffic info to tell you the drive time as well. If you have that available in your area of course. I got iOS 7 on my phone before work on Tuesday, so after just two days of driving to work it knew that I would be going there this morning too. Curious to see what it does on Saturday...

That is very cool! I will give mine some more time to pick up on my locations. Would come in handy.

filmfanatic24
Jun 13, 2013, 11:35 AM

I'm not seeing Weather information on my summary for today...anyone have any ideas on how to turn that on?

bluedukies8
Jun 13, 2013, 11:47 AM
I'm not seeing Weather information on my summary for today...anyone have any ideas on how to turn that on?

Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> Make sure Weather is turned on. Then it should appear in NC. :)

jutte64
Jun 13, 2013, 12:08 PM

Make sure Settings>General>Background App Refresh> Weather is also on, I think it need that as well.

bluedukies8
Jun 13, 2013, 12:14 PM
Make sure Settings>General>Background App Refresh> Weather is also on, I think it need that as well.

Good catch. I forgot about that. Mine doesn't have the app refresh on but it still did show up in my NC.

I have since turned them both off in an attempt to save battery. ;)

L-Tuned
Jun 13, 2013, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure if you have to turn on "Traffic" to receive the traffic info. on NC. Can someone confirm this?