PDA

View Full Version : Home Sharing with iOS 7.

HarryPot
Jun 13, 2013, 10:42 AM
I've been unable to play Movies via Home Sharing with iOS 7. Anyone else having this problem?

The movies appear, but then the only icon that I can click is that of the cloud with a down arrow, it then asks me for my Apple ID, and then nothing happens. If I click again, it asks me again for my Apple ID and the same problem continues.

Jare
Jun 13, 2013, 10:43 AM
I've been unable to play Movies via Home Sharing with iOS 7. Anyone else having this problem?

The movies appear, but then the only icon that I can click is that of the cloud with a down arrow, it then asks me for my Apple ID, and then nothing happens. If I click again, it asks me again for my Apple ID and the same problem continues.

Hmm. I wonder if this is beta software meant for developers to use as a test platform for applications they want ready to go when iOS 7 launches and nothing else.

HarryPot
Jun 13, 2013, 10:52 AM
I suppose it is a bug. I like the design they made for seeing Movies and TV Shows, but it still looks half completed.

Just curious about anyone else finding this problem, since I haven't seen it appear in the bugs thread.

superpalmtree
Jun 16, 2013, 10:42 PM
I suppose it is a bug. I like the design they made for seeing Movies and TV Shows, but it still looks half completed.

Just curious about anyone else finding this problem, since I haven't seen it appear in the bugs thread.

Yah same issue with me. As a developer I do enjoy the ability to watch a video from time to time and this issue is a bit annoying.

----------

Hmm. I wonder if this is beta software meant for developers to use as a test platform for applications they want ready to go when iOS 7 launches and nothing else.

This was a great contribution to the thread! I'll make sure I never dare watch a video on my "Developer" phone from now.

colinwil
Jul 16, 2013, 08:08 PM

Yes - I get the same problem. I raised a bug report, and I eventually got a message back from Apple saying my bug report had been closed as a duplicate.

HarryPot
Jul 19, 2013, 07:28 PM
Anyone knows if this bug is present in the iPad?

I don't care much of it in the iPhone, but I use frequently home sharing in the iPad.

Frederico Luna
Jul 20, 2013, 10:04 AM
My Home Sharing doesn't work on iPhone since iOS 6 (musics and videos). I'm hoping it will work on iOS7 GM.

old-wiz
Oct 15, 2013, 12:02 PM
After upgrading to IOS 7, I was having problems trying to play tv episodes on my iPad that are stored in iTunes on my Mac running latest osx and iTunes. It worked in ios 6.. It would show the video title, but when trying to play it would say "you do not have permission to access the resource".... finally turned home sharing off on the mac then turned it back on and now all seems well.