Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
I've been unable to play Movies via Home Sharing with iOS 7. Anyone else having this problem?

The movies appear, but then the only icon that I can click is that of the cloud with a down arrow, it then asks me for my Apple ID, and then nothing happens. If I click again, it asks me again for my Apple ID and the same problem continues.

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
I've been unable to play Movies via Home Sharing with iOS 7. Anyone else having this problem?

The movies appear, but then the only icon that I can click is that of the cloud with a down arrow, it then asks me for my Apple ID, and then nothing happens. If I click again, it asks me again for my Apple ID and the same problem continues.

Hmm. I wonder if this is beta software meant for developers to use as a test platform for applications they want ready to go when iOS 7 launches and nothing else.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
I suppose it is a bug. I like the design they made for seeing Movies and TV Shows, but it still looks half completed.

Just curious about anyone else finding this problem, since I haven't seen it appear in the bugs thread.

superpalmtree

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2009
North Dakota
I suppose it is a bug. I like the design they made for seeing Movies and TV Shows, but it still looks half completed.

Just curious about anyone else finding this problem, since I haven't seen it appear in the bugs thread.

Yah same issue with me. As a developer I do enjoy the ability to watch a video from time to time and this issue is a bit annoying.

----------

Hmm. I wonder if this is beta software meant for developers to use as a test platform for applications they want ready to go when iOS 7 launches and nothing else.

This was a great contribution to the thread! I'll make sure I never dare watch a video on my "Developer" phone from now.

Last edited by a moderator:

colinwil

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
Reading, UK

Yes - I get the same problem. I raised a bug report, and I eventually got a message back from Apple saying my bug report had been closed as a duplicate.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
Anyone knows if this bug is present in the iPad?

I don't care much of it in the iPhone, but I use frequently home sharing in the iPad.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
After upgrading to IOS 7, I was having problems trying to play tv episodes on my iPad that are stored in iTunes on my Mac running latest osx and iTunes. It worked in ios 6.. It would show the video title, but when trying to play it would say "you do not have permission to access the resource".... finally turned home sharing off on the mac then turned it back on and now all seems well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.