PDA

View Full Version : Speaker - mono?

dewdst
Jun 13, 2013, 11:34 AM
Noticed in iOS7 when playing a song through iphone external speaker it is not playing in stereo, I can def hear missing guitar parts to songs etc. Anyone notice this or is there a fix?

:cool:

Orlandu
Jun 13, 2013, 11:40 AM
Check under Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Mono Audio

jonnyb098
Jun 13, 2013, 11:42 AM
Noticed in iOS7 when playing a song through iphone external speaker it is not playing in stereo, I can def hear missing guitar parts to songs etc. Anyone notice this or is there a fix?

:cool:

You are aware the iPhone only has one speaker right?

err404
Jun 13, 2013, 11:45 AM
I think OP is suggesting that the loud speaker is playing just one of the stereo channels instead of mixing left and right.
I'm not sure if this is true, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that kind of error in the Beta.

FSMBP
Jun 13, 2013, 11:46 AM
You are aware the iPhone only has one speaker right?

Ha

KentuckyHouse
Jun 13, 2013, 12:24 PM
Check under Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Mono Audio

Looking under Accessibility, if you scroll further down, there's also a slider to adjust the audio volume balance between left and right channels. Make sure it's not slid all the way left or right.

cobbyco
Jun 13, 2013, 12:34 PM
I think OP is suggesting that the loud speaker is playing just one of the stereo channels instead of mixing left and right.
I'm not sure if this is true, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that kind of error in the Beta.

He's right. There is a bug whereby the speaker only plays 1 audio channel. Try playing Sonic 1, and notice how it only makes a sound when collecting alternating rings.

dewdst
Jun 13, 2013, 01:05 PM
haha obviously i'm aware the phone has 1 speaker. But anyway, yeah under my settings everything is normal, mono is set to off and audio for left and right channels is right in the middle. Must be a bug oh well :P