PDA

View Full Version : Wait...was than an ad?

inspirations365
Jun 13, 2013, 12:22 PM
Does iTunes Match have to be turned on for iTunes Radio to not play ads?

batting1000
Jun 13, 2013, 12:23 PM
If you're an iTunes Match subscriber, you won't have ads but there seems to be a bug where you still get ads even if you're a subscriber.

brianld
Jun 13, 2013, 12:24 PM
I would like to know this as well. I am a subscriber to iTunes Match, but have it disabled on my phone. Heard an ad just a minute ago when listening to iTunes Radio.

inspirations365
Jun 13, 2013, 12:27 PM
If you're an iTunes Match subscriber, you won't have ads but there seems to be a bug where you still get ads even if you're a subscriber.

Oh ok thanks. Hoping it's a bug. No problem then, I'm sure they'll fix it, just wanted to make sure it was something I was doing incorrectly.

SuperRob
Jun 13, 2013, 02:02 PM

I subscribe to iTunes Match, it's turned on, and I got my first ad today. So yeah, looks like there's a bug.

Although frankly, it wasn't bad, just promoting an artist and allowing you to buy their music on iTunes. Even if I wasn't an iTunes Match subscriber, I think I could live with those.

stickybuns
Jun 13, 2013, 02:06 PM
I subscribe to iTunes Match, it's turned on, and I got my first ad today. So yeah, looks like there's a bug.

Although frankly, it wasn't bad, just promoting an artist and allowing you to buy their music on iTunes. Even if I wasn't an iTunes Match subscriber, I think I could live with those.

Did the ad interrupt the actual audio or was it just a screen image with a link to purchase? Was the artist being promoted the same as the one you were listening to at the time?

chrf097
Jun 13, 2013, 02:07 PM
Did the ad interrupt the actual audio or was it just a screen image with a link to purchase? Was the artist being promoted the same as the one you were listening to at the time?

Ads happen in-between songs. Unlike other apps, there are no pop-up ads.

SuperRob
Jun 13, 2013, 02:31 PM

It did interrupt the song that was playing, but I think that was a glitch. I've occasionally had songs skip to the next song on their own, likely due to a networking issue. (I also get the occasional stutter.) After the ad, a new song played. It was a different artist than was being played. Might have been the same genre, though, I honestly can't remember. The way the ad comes in, it looks like like another song playing, complete with album art, but it's a 30 second ad.