PDA

View Full Version : Contact photo during calls

davidjacobs21
Jun 13, 2013, 12:31 PM
In the keynote they showed full page contact pictures during calls. When i do calls on my phone, I get a blurred background and a small circle picture at the top. Does anyone get full screen pictures

TG1
Jun 13, 2013, 12:42 PM
Yes, I saw a full screen picture of my fiance when she called me for the first time on iOS 7 (iPhone 5). Very cool.

davidjacobs21
Jun 13, 2013, 12:44 PM
thats so weird that i cant get it to work on mine

PBF
Jun 13, 2013, 12:46 PM
Uh huh, definitely weird.

bgro
Jun 13, 2013, 12:50 PM
Doesn't it only show full screen photo while the phone is ringing? And then once you answer it goes blurred background. I think that's how it's supposed to work?

----------

Do you use gmail for contacts or icloud?

I believe that if you're using gmail, you need to add the contact picture from your phone in order to get full screen pics. If you've added the photo through the gmail website on your computer, you won't get full screen pics when someone calls.

I'm pretty sure that's how it used to/still does works when using gmail for contacts.

It might be the same if using iCloud also. Test it out. Add a contact photo from your phone and see if it comes up full screen.

davidjacobs21
Jun 13, 2013, 01:03 PM
Doesn't it only show full screen photo while the phone is ringing? And then once you answer it goes blurred background. I think that's how it's supposed to work?

----------

Do you use gmail for contacts or icloud?

I believe that if you're using gmail, you need to add the contact picture from your phone in order to get full screen pics. If you've added the photo through the gmail website on your computer, you won't get full screen pics when someone calls.

I'm pretty sure that's how it used to/still does works when using gmail for contacts.

It might be the same if using iCloud also. Test it out. Add a contact photo from your phone and see if it comes up full screen.

I use icloud, i just changed contact picture to a picture from my phone and when i call them, same thing. I'll have to get them to call me

fmalloy
Jun 13, 2013, 01:20 PM
Here is a trick - if you see the small photo in the corner, but you want the photo to be full screen when you get the call, just go into Contacts and edit the picture. You just need to open the picture in edit mode and save it. Once you do that, the picture will be full screen when the call comes in.

This is how it works in iOS6 and earlier.

deuxani
Jun 13, 2013, 01:25 PM
Another possibility is that your contact image is too low res. It happened to me too. Setting a higher res image from on your phone fixes the problem.

davidjacobs21
Jun 13, 2013, 01:30 PM
Here is a trick - if you see the small photo in the corner, but you want the photo to be full screen when you get the call, just go into Contacts and edit the picture. You just need to open the picture in edit mode and save it. Once you do that, the picture will be full screen when the call comes in.

This is how it works in iOS6 and earlier.

Yeah i remember doing that too. so now the the little corner pic is gone and the full picture is there, but its all blurred out, not clear at all. i dont get it

fmalloy
Jun 13, 2013, 05:02 PM
Yeah i remember doing that too. so now the the little corner pic is gone and the full picture is there, but its all blurred out, not clear at all. i dont get it

If it's very blurry and pixelated, the source photo size is likely very small.