PDA

View Full Version : Safari has started to suck?

seble
Jun 13, 2013, 02:56 PM
Since updating to the latest ML release and Safari 6.05 its started to suck. First I notice on speedtests that I'm getting much lower browsing speeds. On chrome I get 36mb on Safari after a day of having it open I've been getting speeds of 4mb, which sucks!

Then today my computer wasn't activating screensaver so I restarted and then safari started messing up. It freezes on tabs all the time and I can't browse properly!

How can I sort safari out so it stops sucking again? As in reset, reinstall, or whatever I need to do. Thanks

Luap
Jun 13, 2013, 05:43 PM
Works fine here. 9 times out of 10 it is a plugin/extension that messes a browser up, rather than the browser itself.

Shrink
Jun 13, 2013, 05:51 PM
Safari has started to suck?

Since updating to the latest ML release and Safari 6.05 its started to suck. First I notice on speedtests that I'm getting much lower browsing speeds. On chrome I get 36mb on Safari after a day of having it open I've been getting speeds of 4mb, which sucks!

Then today my computer wasn't activating screensaver so I restarted and then safari started messing up. It freezes on tabs all the time and I can't browse properly!

How can I sort safari out so it stops sucking again? As in reset, reinstall, or whatever I need to do. Thanks

I would suggest that your question would be much clearer if you could use the word "suck" a bit more often.

:eek: :rolleyes:

blueroom
Jun 13, 2013, 05:55 PM
Safari 6.0.5 is working just fine for me.

seble
Jun 14, 2013, 01:13 AM
Works fine here. 9 times out of 10 it is a plugin/extension that messes a browser up, rather than the browser itself.
Thank you! Problem solved, disabled a plugin I installed recently