PDA

View Full Version : Reminders is Unusable

bmunge
Jun 13, 2013, 03:38 PM
Anyone else having extreme difficulties with reminders?

The UI is all screwed up for me with the list name overlaying the search bar. The add button takes like 10 taps before it finally works and then 75% of the time it crashes after adding a new list. I can't delete any of my lists. Randomly yesterday it deleting all my current reminders and I can't get them back. Wow what a mess. As someone who uses reminders quite a bit, I'm looking forward to the next version of the beta.

DDustiNN
Jun 13, 2013, 03:51 PM
I was able to add and edit reminders without any problems whatsoever. Adding a list and deleting the list worked without issues as well. To delete a list, enter the list and then tap "Edit". There is an option to delete the list at the bottom. For reminders, when you're in a list, you just tap at the end of the list to start typing a new reminder. It's quite easy.

However, I set two reminders the other day and neither one of them went off. No notifications, alerts, sounds, or anything (yes all of that was verified as enabled in Notification Center settings). I am compiling a list of bugs that I plan to submit on the dev site today or tomorrow, and this is included.

bmunge
Jun 13, 2013, 03:55 PM
I was able to add and edit reminders without any problems whatsoever. Adding a list and deleting the list worked without issues as well. To delete a list, enter the list and then tap "Edit". There is an option to delete the list at the bottom. For reminders, when you're in a list, you just tap at the end of the list to start typing a new reminder. It's quite easy.

However, I set two reminders the other day and neither one of them went off. No notifications, alerts, sounds, or anything (yes all of that was verified as enabled in Notification Center settings). I am compiling a list of bugs that I plan to submit on the dev site today or tomorrow, and this is included.

I understand how to use the UI, it doesn't allow me to delete reminders. I get an error saying that the list cannot be deleted. Now when I open the app I can't do anything. It doesn't respond to any touches. I've killed the app and reset the iPhone to no avail.

gloss
Jun 13, 2013, 04:04 PM
I understand how to use the UI, it doesn't allow me to delete reminders. I get an error saying that the list cannot be deleted. Now when I open the app I can't do anything. It doesn't respond to any touches. I've killed the app and reset the iPhone to no avail.

Wait for beta 2, I suppose.

street.cory
Jun 13, 2013, 04:15 PM
I upgraded from iOS 6 and when I complete a reminder, the app crashes.

We'll see in beta 2!

zerostar
Jun 13, 2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah its all messed up for me, shows an old reminder that I removed weeks ago and none of the new ones from iCloud I added.... I tried adding one with Siri for when I get home, doesn't show up, but I wonder if it will work since It said it was added?

DDustiNN
Jun 13, 2013, 04:35 PM

Hmm, weird... which phone do you have? I'm on iPhone 5, for reference. I have added and deleted multiple lists (populated as well as empty), killed the app and restarted, and everything seems to be fine for me. Also mine is synced with iCloud as well. If I could reproduce your bug I'd certainly report it. The only problem I have is that reminders don't remind me at all. Sorry dude :(

bmunge
Jun 13, 2013, 04:38 PM
Hmm, weird... which phone do you have? I'm on iPhone 5, for reference. I have added and deleted multiple lists (populated as well as empty), killed the app and restarted, and everything seems to be fine for me. Also mine is synced with iCloud as well. If I could reproduce your bug I'd certainly report it. The only problem I have is that reminders don't remind me at all. Sorry dude :(

Yeah I think something got corrupted in the application files or maybe the SQL lite storage. I am on a 5 as well and was syncing to iCloud. I'm going to reinstall 7 and see if that resolves it. :)

DDustiNN
Jun 13, 2013, 08:55 PM
Update: My reminders are now working perfectly fine. I absolutely LOVE the new snooze feature. I've been wanting that ever since that app came out :D

As for why it suddenly started working, I have no idea... The only thing I've changed on my phone was doing a "reset all settings". Now reminders us perfect, and my battery also seems to be back to normal, instead of super drain mode.

drexeljoe
Jun 14, 2013, 01:01 PM
As for why it suddenly started working, I have no idea... The only thing I've changed on my phone was doing a "reset all settings".

I was having the same issues as described by others: the app unresponsive to anything except searching, couldn't create/edit/delete reminders, couldn't access other lists, crashed every time I tried to create a new list.

I followed DDustiNN's advice and reset the settings. All the above funcationality has returned. The only remaining (new) issue is that when deleting a reminder, the current list page turns black for a brief moment.

Thanks DDustiNN!

nikicampos
Jun 14, 2013, 01:43 PM
Things are not weird, this is a BETA, so, mine was also completely stuck, follow the "reset all settings" and it's working again.

Tip, you must backup every time you have a chance and better to do it connected to iTunes and not iCloud, that way you can always restore and not lose information, I forgot to backup yesterday and today, so that's why I had to reset the settings.

EDIT: It happened after I asked Siri to create some reminders, after the second one, opened Reminders and it was unusable.

zbarvian
Jun 14, 2013, 01:47 PM
Reminders is by far the buggiest app of the beta. I'd agree with calling it unusable.

jrswizzle
Jun 14, 2013, 01:49 PM
Lol, funny. Reminders works perfectly for me - but I can't use iMessages, FaceTime, iTunes match or log in to Twitter (in the settings).....

Inconsistency, biggest part of a Beta 1. I plan on doing a reset tonight, though I bet I'll end up picking up some other problem if mine get fixed. :D